Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: How did you do Car Insurance  (Read 519 times)

• Liked: 8
How did you do Car Insurance
« on: June 08, 2016, 12:07:57 PM »
Hi All,

My wife moves to England in 2 weeks now her Settlement Visa has finally arrived so I need to start looking at Car Insurance.

The way I am thinking of doing this is by just adding her to my insurance plan and when we do get an additional car again I insure it and just add her to it.

Not sure if this is best way or for her to get her own policy etc but we do only plan living in England for 6 years or so before I move to America with her!.

Any thoughts / experiences welcome.

Re: How did you do Car Insurance
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 01:12:02 PM »
We used Toyota insurance when we first arrived back in the UK as we bought a 2nd hand car from a Toyota dealer and they offered a discount. Subsequently I have used the online comparison sites to find insurance. We both had UK licenses.

You may experience some pushback from companies when they find out your wife has a US license but, although it might cost a little more, it is doable.

Be prepared for the cost of insurance to rise when she gets her UK license, as she will be treated as a new driver.

• Liked: 8
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2016, 05:39:53 PM »
Thanks

I just checked Admiral and for me to switch to them and add my wife on a International Licence it will only cost me an extra £5 a month from what I pay now!...

I think that will be the way to go for now!

• Liked: 9
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2016, 02:18:45 PM »
Thanks

I just checked Admiral and for me to switch to them and add my wife on a International Licence it will only cost me an extra £5 a month from what I pay now!...

I think that will be the way to go for now!

Admiral charged me 300 pounds for switching from my American to my new UK licence. After around a month, several calls and a formal complaint they refunded the fee.

Sponsored Links