Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Travel Insurance  (Read 429 times)

• Liked: 8
Travel Insurance
« on: June 10, 2016, 10:01:00 AM »
Hi All.

I can see some old threads on this forum for my question but wondering if anyone has any upto date advice.

My Wife (American) has now got her spousal visa and will be arriving in the UK on 23rd June, but will be wanting to do regular trips back home.

My Travel Insurer will not add her as she will not have been living in the country for 6 months (looking to add her from 1st July)

1) Does anyone know of any Insurance Companies she could use to get annual insurance at a decent price

2) I have seen some policies that just say need to be a Resident of UK but do not mention a time period, would she be classed as a resident of UK?

Thanks in advance

Re: Travel Insurance
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2016, 12:17:46 PM »
We have travel insurance through our bank, but it didn't kick in until we had been resident in the UK for 6 months. One of our credit cards provides very comprehensive insurance for trip cancellation, lost baggage etc. so you might want to check your coverages to see what is provided.

But if you're talking about emergency medical coverage in the USA you'll probably have to check with the individual insurers offering annual policies as they don't all have the same conditions, or take out single trip insurance.

Sponsored Links