Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: French Football Battles  (Read 2437 times)

• Liked: 533
French Football Battles
« on: June 12, 2016, 02:30:57 PM »
I am not a big fan of "dad logic"....but I can't help think that a dose is needed in regards to the recent Russian/French/English violence.

Because put plainly, if you go to a foreign land....start drinking in the morning, situate yourself in the town square - drunk, sun-stroked, shirts off - chanting aggressive songs, throwing beer bottles...you can't really blame the police when they come along and toss you in jail.

Also, if you see a bunch of Russian guys.....don't start sh*t up with them. Way before it gets rough....just excuse yourself....say you have to go call and check on Jenny and the kids or something....and ease back to the hotel and have a cooling shower and a nap. Maybe a nice plate of pasta. Just don't be the guy out front in the vanguard challenging the Russians. It never turns out well.

In fact...why not just stay home and watch it on TV? Use the money and take the family out to a nice dinner and a movie...

I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

Re: French Football Battles
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 02:36:20 PM »
And one other thing....if you are 24 and you are out there being an idiot....it's sort of understandable.....but if you are 42.....perhaps some self-examination is in order.
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

• Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 07:36:23 PM »
Hmmmm, you do know there has been reported violence at gridiron games in the US right? Crowds egging on a man to shoot another at a Cowboy's game last year for example?

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2016, 07:47:58 PM »
Hmmmm, you do know there has been reported violence at gridiron games in the US right? Crowds egging on a man to shoot another at a Cowboy's game last year for example?

I was unaware of this. Things may have changed. The last gridiron game I went to was, I think, FSU v. Tulane back in the mid-nineties. Got invited to a tailgate party. A lady named Jule Ann made a really good Tex-Mex bake/bean dip thingie.

Sponsored Links