Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Not sure where else this would fit, but it would be cool if UK-Y had....  (Read 1150 times)

• Liked: 0
Hi sorry this is off topic but I have no clue how to post on anywhere on this forum besides replying. Is there a rules sticky somewhere that I missed? Mods feel free to school me on everything! Thanks sorry I hijacked this thread.  ??? ??? ???

• Liked: 1260
Hi sorry this is off topic but I have no clue how to post on anywhere on this forum besides replying. Is there a rules sticky somewhere that I missed? Mods feel free to school me on everything! Thanks sorry I hijacked this thread.  ??? ??? ???

Not sure if there's any specific "rules" somewhere (I imagine there has to be). When you click into the sub you want, above the box with all the different posts there's a small box that says "new topic". Just click that if you can - not sure if you had tried that already but just wanted to point out that it's light coloured and looks like you won't be able to click on it but you can.

Hope that helps! :)
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 1891
Not sure where else this would fit, but it would be cool if UK-Y had....
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2016, 03:39:54 PM »
What software are you using?  A browser?

If you click around,  you should find categories where you can start new threads.  These will be something like Current Events, General, Moving and Immigration.  Find a category that fits, then look for the "New Post" or Create Post button. 

Good Luck
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 03:44:13 PM by jimbocz »

• Now I'm home. :)
    • The Wordsmith Desk
  • Liked: 20
Sucks to be an adult, you get funny looks if you walk up to someone and tell them you like their shirt/hair/handbag.

I do this often and have gotten a few funny looks over the years, but most people are pleasant, if somewhat taken aback. The worst time was a few years ago while I was in line at M&S. An elderly woman was standing behind me, loading the belt with her groceries. I noticed she was wearing a lot of rings and they were quite pretty and interesting. I said with a big smile, "Oh, I love all your rings!"  She snatched back her hand and said, "Well, I'm not giving you any of them!"  Alrighty, then...  ::) ;D
British Citizenship approval: May 2016
Ceremony: July 2016
Well, she was an American girl, raised on promises.
She couldn't help thinking that there was a little more to life, somewhere else.
After all it was a great big world, with lots of places to run to.
And if she had to die trying she had one little promise she was gonna keep.

Comprehensive CV/Résumé Preparation
Writing, Proofreading & Editing Services
www.thewordsmithdesk.co.uk

• Liked: 1260
I do this often and have gotten a few funny looks over the years, but most people are pleasant, if somewhat taken aback. The worst time was a few years ago while I was in line at M&S. An elderly woman was standing behind me, loading the belt with her groceries. I noticed she was wearing a lot of rings and they were quite pretty and interesting. I said with a big smile, "Oh, I love all your rings!"  She snatched back her hand and said, "Well, I'm not giving you any of them!"  Alrighty, then...  ::) ;D

I'm sorry but that's genuinely hilarious!
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab