Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Moving my Jack Russell  (Read 1039 times)

• Liked: 8
Moving my Jack Russell
« on: June 21, 2016, 04:01:28 AM »
Hi everyone.

So I'm planning to move by the end of this year from Florida to Scotland. I'm going to bring my two cats and my dog.

I'm pretty nervous about flying with them and after a lot of research it seems cruising in the queen Mary 2 is cheaper (though longer ) for all of us to get across the pond.

I wonder how it goes after the animals get off the boat .... My dog is small, only 10 pounds, but fearfully aggressive .... She (along with the cats) is fully vaccinated and microchipped. It sounds silly, but will her potential bad manners be an issue ?

I think I fully understand all the documents I need to provide to make sure my animals can clear customs but ... I really worry about my dogs behavior. She is a handful.

Any advice would be most appreciated !
Met online 11/17/14
First met in person - he came to Florida! 1/17/15
First uk visit 4/13/15
His second US visit 9/2015
My second uk visit 1/15/2016
Married on his third trip to US 6/10/16
Mailed docs to Sheffield 7/19/16
Got spouse visa 8/19/2016
Entered UK 12/2/2016

• Liked: 3
Re: Moving my Jack Russell
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 11:29:25 AM »
I'm pretty sure there isn't anything saying you can't bring a fearfully aggressive dog to the UK. You would probably only have an issue if your dog bit someone.

That being said, anyone who works with dogs should know that Jack Russells are often aggressive with strangers when they're afraid and should know how to handle them. It might be a good idea to have a muzzle with the dog so it can be used if necessary.

You can email the ship company to put your mind at ease about it. There's a link for email at the bottom of this page:  https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/fleet/kennel_info

• Liked: 8
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2016, 02:30:44 PM »
Thanks for the reply. I've been doing research and I'm just trying to figure out how much handling she will go through. I'm sure they must have to scan her microchip, but I'm hoping that's about it.
Met online 11/17/14
First met in person - he came to Florida! 1/17/15
First uk visit 4/13/15
His second US visit 9/2015
My second uk visit 1/15/2016
Married on his third trip to US 6/10/16
Mailed docs to Sheffield 7/19/16
Got spouse visa 8/19/2016
Entered UK 12/2/2016

• Liked: 2
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2016, 06:01:05 PM »
Call Cunard and ask to speak to the kennel master.  They usually get in around 10am est.  They can help you out.  Once you book with them they really start helping.  They will advice you on paper work and prep and even take care of a good amount of it for you.  Trust me, they want you on that ship too. 

As for the dog I think you will be OK.  You can keep up with the visits everyday to calm him.  Since he is small I would suggest putting a cat on either side of him in the top kennels so at least he has friends.

Sponsored Links