Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Back in US & ready to complete application  (Read 349 times)

• Liked: 35
Back in US & ready to complete application
« on: June 22, 2016, 03:48:09 PM »
I've all the needed paperwork together.  I've completed the Appendix 2 and done online application right up to submit.  But before I do I have a couple of questions. 

Here's the list of steps on the visa4uk page (after Go To Application):

1.  I presume it's an online signature for the "Sign Declaration" option.
2.  I presume BRP Collection Location is the bios & I choose the office.
3.  Book Appointment is obvious so I presume this is where I print out the form I give them to stamp & then include in the package.
4.  Pay for IHS is obvious so I presume I can print out the receipt.  Or is it just a case of writing down a number?
5.  Pay for Application is obvious.  Does the Premium service option appear here also or will it send me to another page to purchase that?
6. Print Application.  Am I printing this to send to them also?  Or printing it for my records?  I don't recall anyone talking about step 6 before.

Then I want to use UPS myself to mail.  I've set up an online account.  I know I need to include my user ID & account number and I'm presuming Sheffield will need the password so they'll be able to charge the account to return my things.

Question: Will there be the option for choosing the shipping in the 1-6 group?  Does it send you to another page instead?  Will it let me choose to mail on my own instead of going through the other courier?

Thanks for the help.

• Liked: 3595
Re: Back in US & ready to complete application
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2016, 04:03:05 PM »
1.  I presume it's an online signature for the "Sign Declaration" option.

Not sure - but I assume so
2.  I presume BRP Collection Location is the bios & I choose the office.

No, that's for collecting your BRP after you arrive in the UK - it will be at a local Royal Mail post office.

3.  Book Appointment is obvious so I presume this is where I print out the form I give them to stamp & then include in the package.

This is where you book your biometrics appointment and choose the USCIS office you go to for it. You should get a confirmation email/sheet that you need to print out and take to the appointment.

4.  Pay for IHS is obvious so I presume I can print out the receipt.  Or is it just a case of writing down a number?

I think it might just be a number, but you'll have to see when you do it.

5.  Pay for Application is obvious.  Does the Premium service option appear here also or will it send me to another page to purchase that?

No, premium/priority service is completely separate and won't be mentioned on the online application site at all. This is because the online application is the same for all countries, but the premium and priority services available are different in each country.

It's up to you to find out where and how to purchase it. Hint: you go here, to the VFS Global website:
http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/usa/user_pay_services.html

6. Print Application.  Am I printing this to send to them also?  Or printing it for my records?  I don't recall anyone talking about step 6 before.

You have to print it to send with your application - the online form goes nowhere, it just creates a printable version. Nobody will even see your application at all until you mail it to them, and they must receive the printed online application and VAF4a Appendix 2 together to make a complete application.

However, I would also print a second copy to keep for your records.
Then I want to use UPS myself to mail.  I've set up an online account.  I know I need to include my user ID & account number and I'm presuming Sheffield will need the password so they'll be able to charge the account to return my things.

You just need to include your online account number with your documents, not the password as far as I know.

Alternatively, you can purchase pre-paid, fixed-price UPS shipping (either round trip or just the return) on the VFS Global site when you purchase the priority processing.

Question: Will there be the option for choosing the shipping in the 1-6 group?  Does it send you to another page instead?  Will it let me choose to mail on my own instead of going through the other courier?

- If you're shipping it yourself through UPS, you just go to the UPS store and ship it, including your online account number on a piece of paper (or in a cover letter) in your package.

- If you're using the pre-paid UPS shipping service, you go to the VFS Global website to purchase it, same as for the priority processing. You will then be emailed the shipping labels to include in your package.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2016, 04:11:32 PM »
You have to sign the printed copy of the online application.

• Liked: 537
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2016, 04:11:46 PM »

Thanks for the help.

Ksand's already done a great job answering your other questions.

For the UPS information that Sheffield needs, it's just your account number that they need. There is a space on the UPS form (printed or online) that they can enter the account number to have the shipping charged to it. They don't log into your account or anything like that.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 35
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 07:07:30 AM »
Have completed everything for application now.  Here's a bit of advice for those stilling working on theirs.

1. Once you "submit" it has you review & edit if needed then you submit again.
2. "Declaration signature" is just typing your name in.  See #7
3. "BRP collection location" takes the post code of the listed residence then picks where you'll go.  Don't be surprised if it picks a location several miles away instead of the more convenient location just up the street.  And choosing "alternate location" with the exact post code of the post office just up the street still results in the other location option.  Just say "Yes" because a "No" just reverts you back in a loop of single choice location option.  Save yourself a headache there.
4. When you pick your day & time for your BIOS for Heaven's sake click the "print appointment confirmation" BEFORE clicking next!  Or don't then spend several minutes trying to re-log in to your account at the end to get back to that page.

DO NOT!!! try using your "back" button.  It tells you this warning several times so don't (& no I didn't) otherwise you could lose everything you've already done.

5. IHS payment asks you a few questions then says what you need to pay.  Once you've paid you'll get a payment confirmation number.  You'll then need to log in again (well I did anyway) & the IHS number will show up  (it says it will & it did)

6. You'll pay for the visa next & in the middle of the explanation bits is a link for priority service & postage.  Pull this up in a separate window or tab if you're going to use one or the other or both.  You don't have to use but if you want to & don't bring it up in a separate section (& I did) then you'll have to find the VFS link on your own.

7. Once all this is done you can print the application.  If you get a "experiencing heavy traffic" message, give it a bit then log in again & click "print application" again.  In the reference from #2 where you typed out your name, you'll see a box above that for your actual signature.  I'll presume the typed version is so they can actually read what your name is since many people scrawl a signature.

And finally, by now you'll have several emails.  I opened & printed them all just in case. 

Good Luck ---because there will be a few frustrated tears as you slog your way through this process.  :D

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab