Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: What to take to biometric  (Read 477 times)

• Liked: 4
What to take to biometric
« on: June 22, 2016, 06:10:21 PM »
My biometric appointment is on Monday, June 27 in Kansas City. I have printed out my online application.
I understand I have 2 weeks to send my packet to Sheffield, but for the biometrics, will I need any other documents apart from my online application and passport?
thank you
Application submitted: June 20th
Biometrics: June 27th
Package in Sheffield: July 4th

• Liked: 3589
Re: What to take to biometric
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2016, 06:15:02 PM »
It's not 2 weeks anymore. It changed in September 2015 and you now only have 5 days from the biometrics appointment to mail the package to Sheffield.

For the biometrics appointment, you only need to take your passport and your printed biometrics appointment confirmation sheet. You do not need to take the online application form, though you can if you want to.

At the appointment, they will check your ID, stamp the biometrics receipt and take your fingerprints and photo. Shouldn't take more than 5-10 minutes in total.

After the appointment, you place your passport and the stamped sheet with your documents and mail the package to Sheffield.

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2016, 06:17:26 PM »
Don't forget that you also need to print and fill out the VAF4a Appendix 2 form, which is the second half of the application form:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/270484/VAF4A-Appendix2.pdf

Appendix 2 contains all the questions about how you met each of the requirements for a spousal visa:
- relationship history
- UK accommodation
- financial requirement Category

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2016, 06:19:29 PM »
Will I need the Appendix 2 for the biometric, or just to mail with the packet to Sheffield?

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2016, 06:22:16 PM »
thank you ksand24, and especially for correcting me on the 2 week period!

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2016, 06:27:31 PM »
Will I need the Appendix 2 for the biometric, or just to mail with the packet to Sheffield?

No, you just mail it. As I said, the only things you take to biometrics are:
- your passport
- appointment confirmation sheet

Before you mail everything, I would also double-check that you have all the required documents (you can post a list of what you are sending on the forum if you like), because the documents you need to send are very specific and the visa can be refused if even one is missing.

You need:

- evidence of relationship, i.e. marriage certificate, a photo of you together, evidence of living together in the US, evidence of regular communication if living apart etc.

- evidence of somewhere suitable to live in the UK - valid tenancy agreement and permission letter from landlord if renting, or evidence of UK homeownership if you own, or evidence of permission to live with a family member or friend and their homeownership etc.

- evidence that you meet the financial requirement under the specific category (A-G) that you are applying under and have ticked in Appendix 2  - for example, bank statements, payslips, UK job offer, employer letter, job contract, cash savings evidence etc. (exact documents needed will depend on the financial category)

• Liked: 957
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2016, 06:30:28 PM »
For the biometric appointment confirmation be sure to print it from the visa site. I stupidly printed the confirmation e-mail I had received, but it doesn't have the bar code they need to scan. Thankfully they used the barcode from the application - they said it happens all the time so I'm not the only one who has made that mistake.

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2016, 06:31:57 PM »
thank you and yes, I believe I will post a list so that the forum experts can verify I have things in order.
one more last quick question: I am USC, wife is UKC, will I need to send original full birth certificate of wife, or will the marriage certificate and copies of her passport be sufficient?
(last question for today :))

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2016, 06:40:05 PM »
thank you and yes, I believe I will post a list so that the forum experts can verify I have things in order.

Great :). Normally though, we recommend doing this before you submit the online application and book biometrics, just in case you're missing anything and need extra time to get it.

one more last quick question: I am USC, wife is UKC, will I need to send original full birth certificate of wife, or will the marriage certificate and copies of her passport be sufficient?
(last question for today :))

Ideally, for her ID document you should just send a certified copy of her passport photo page. If you only have a regular photocopy of her passport photo page, we also recommend sending her original A4 long form birth certificate.

Your marriage certificate comes under the relationship evidence rather than your wife's ID documents.

Which financial requirement category are you applying under?

I can post a list of the general documents needed, but if I know the financial category, I can tailor the document list to your application.

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2016, 06:41:50 PM »
We are doing the Part 3F - Cash Savings

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2016, 06:56:55 PM »
We are doing the Part 3F - Cash Savings

Okay, cool - that's the easiest route :).

My general document list:

Applicant (US citizen)
- Printed online application form
- Completed VAF4a Appendix 2 form
- Stamped Biometrics Confirmation Sheet (when you have attended the biometrics appointment)
- 2 passport photos (they can be US size (2 inches by 2 inches) or UK size (45 mm by 35 mm, which is 1.77 inches by 1.38 inches))
- Your passport
- All of your previous passports
- Optional cover letter
- Proposed flight itinerary
- Receipt for priority processing (if paying for priority)
- Return shipping details

Sponsor (UK citizen)
- Certified copy of her UK passport photo page
- Sponsor letter of support for the visa, stating the following:
    - how she is eligible to sponsor the visa (her UK citizenship),
    - how you will be meeting the financial requirement (which category),
    - where you will live in the UK (accommodation details),
    - a brief history of your relationship (no more than 1 paragraph)
    - a list of all the documents the UK citizen is providing in the package

Accommodation
If renting in the UK:
- Original tenancy agreement
- A letter from his landlord giving you permission to live there

OR

If you own in the UK:
- land registry document

OR

If you will stay with family/friends:
- a letter from homeowner giving you permission to live there and stating that the home will not be overcrowded
- the homeowner's land registry document
- homeowners latest original mortgage statement if they have a mortgage

Finances
Category F:
- declaration from you of the source of the funds
- 6 months of original bank statements showing that the entire £62,500 of savings has been in your account in full for 6 months (if statements have been printed at home from online banking, each page of each statement must be stamped and signed by the bank)
OR
- if the savings have come from proceeds from a property sale less than 6 months ago: bank statements, evidence of the sale and evidence that the property was owned for more than 6 months

Relationship evidence
- marriage certificate
- 1 or 2 photos of you together
- evidence that you have been living together in the US (property deeds or rental agreements, tax returns, utility bills etc.)
- if you have any evidence of living together in the UK previously, you can include that

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2016, 07:00:47 PM »
Fantastic!
Would it be permissible to send sponsors (wife) actual UK passport rather than certified copies?

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2016, 07:06:15 PM »
Fantastic!
Would it be permissible to send sponsors (wife) actual UK passport rather than certified copies?

Yes, you can - no issue with that at all. However, if there's any chance she will need her passport for anything in the next few months, it's advisable not to send it and to send a copy instead.

The visa could potentially take up to 3 months to be issued (worst case), so if she doesn't want to be without her passport for that long, I would send a certified copy.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab