Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Do I need a *current* UK passport to support an FLR/M?  (Read 231 times)

• In love with user "Snowdonia".
  • Liked: 1
Do I need a *current* UK passport to support an FLR/M?
« on: June 24, 2016, 04:04:28 PM »
Hi everyone. Some background...

I am a British citizen. My wife is American and her second FLR/M is due in August.
My UK passport expired this last April. (I thought I had to the end of the year.)

I vaguely recall sending off both our passports with her first FLR/M. Should I renew my passport now while we have enough time for it to be processed, or should I keep the expired passport and send it with her second application?

I am not planning on travelling or doing anything else with my passport until the autumn.

Many thanks, Snowdon.

• Liked: 537
Re: Do I need a *current* UK passport to support an FLR/M?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 04:17:05 PM »
Hi everyone. Some background...

I am a British citizen. My wife is American and her second FLR/M is due in August.
My UK passport expired this last April. (I thought I had to the end of the year.)

I vaguely recall sending off both our passports with her first FLR/M. Should I renew my passport now while we have enough time for it to be processed, or should I keep the expired passport and send it with her second application?

I am not planning on travelling or doing anything else with my passport until the autumn.

Many thanks, Snowdon.

We ran into the same problem when I applied for one of my visas. My husband renewed his passport under an expedited process to get it to me in time to post with my application. We didn't know, but erred on the side of caution.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

Sponsored Links