Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Lyonaria Mentioned Red Rocks  (Read 766 times)

• Liked: 1891
Lyonaria Mentioned Red Rocks
« on: June 24, 2016, 04:37:21 PM »

Rather than hijack that miserable thread about the referendum, can we talk about Red Rocks here? 

What an amazing place!  I only went there once for a concert, it was Steel Pulse opening for Fela Kuti.  Fela was a Nigerian singer who had around 20 wives, all in the band.  Steel Pulse played until midnight or something, I thought "that was a great show, but wasn't somebody else supposed to play?"  Then Fela came on and played until 4 am non stop! 

The rocks are amazing, it's easily the most beautiful place in the US to see a show.

I would have liked to see the Grateful Dead there.

• Liked: 537
Re: Lyonaria Mentioned Red Rocks
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 04:48:42 PM »
I never did get to make a concert at the Red Rocks Ampitheatre, one of my regrets. I'm bummed cause I heard it's an amazing and beautiful venue. The natural accoustics there are out of this world! My brother's going to see someone there this summer, but I can't remember who...

I lived on the Western Slope near the Colorado National Monument. I lived closer to Aspen, Vail and Telluride. You had to drive 4.5 hours to get to Denver and then I think Red Rocks was another 30-45 minutes?
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 04:59:37 PM »
I would have loved to live there.  One summer I drove around that are with my VW bus, trawling the youth hostels.  Then somebody told me to go to Estes Park .  I ended up working on Trail Ridge Road for the rest of the summer.

Anyone else seen a concert at Red Rocks?

Anyone else seen the Grateful Dead?

• Liked: 533
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 05:01:37 PM »
I"ve never been to Red Rock, but there are some nice rocks along the Northern Italian coast....

But I'll never get to live there now because  of the d@mned Brexiters.
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

• Liked: 111
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 05:02:10 PM »
I've only seen Simple Minds/The Pretenders there in 1984. The drive up from El Paso, Texas was totally worth it because the acoustics were phenomenal and the area is truly beautiful. You definitely need to go, Lyonaria.

Jimbocz, Steel Pulse is very cool! I saw them open for Simple Minds in Europe years ago and they were incredible! Lucky you!

• Liked: 149
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2016, 06:13:30 PM »

Blame my wife ;D
Fred

• Liked: 18
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2016, 09:58:48 PM »
I used to live in the foothills right next to Red Rocks in the same uh ...red rock formations.  The place was magical on so many levels. It used to be sacred Ute territory and little unknown fact, according to http://www.bfro.net/gdb/, part of an area of the highest incidents of Bigfoot sightings in Colorado. Lol. I've never seen Bigfoot or would say they are real, but hey, the place is strange magical and well, just don't go wandering off in the dark .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 10:00:40 PM by Persephone »
American married to British Citizen, living in Colorado.  Moving to Hampshire/Berkshire area.

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2016, 01:48:46 PM »
I've only seen Simple Minds/The Pretenders there in 1984. The drive up from El Paso, Texas was totally worth it because the acoustics were phenomenal and the area is truly beautiful. You definitely need to go, Lyonaria.

Jimbocz, Steel Pulse is very cool! I saw them open for Simple Minds in Europe years ago and they were incredible! Lucky you!

Thanks for that, I like the pretenders as well.

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2016, 01:55:36 PM »
I used to live in the foothills right next to Red Rocks in the same uh ...red rock formations.  The place was magical on so many levels. It used to be sacred Ute territory and little unknown fact, according to http://www.bfro.net/gdb/, part of an area of the highest incidents of Bigfoot sightings in Colorado. Lol. I've never seen Bigfoot or would say they are real, but hey, the place is strange magical and well, just don't go wandering off in the dark .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, that sounds like a neat place to live.  I'm completely fascinated by the landscape of that area and the Native Americans.  I've driven through a few reservations and always found it really interesting.  I swear I've been around the Utes but can't remember exactly where.  Seems like Monument Valley is the Navajos, maybe it was Canyon De Chey (sp?)

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2016, 02:04:51 PM »
I"ve never been to Red Rock, but there are some nice rocks along the Northern Italian coast....

You could run there now.  Get to stay a few years and escape the coming Tory hell. 

Mark my words, in a few months it's gonna be like the rapture

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2016, 02:54:51 PM »
You could run there now. 

You know, I have a feeling there aren't many little fishing shacks left in Italy. 
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2016, 10:46:52 AM »
All right, I just couldn't resist posting a picture of me in VW bus #2

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2016, 10:59:43 AM »

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2016, 01:38:13 PM »
What are you carrying on top?

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2016, 02:07:12 PM »
It's a hang glider.  Although after going thousands of miles shaking on the top of my car it was more like an ornamental chick magnet.  I certainly had no plans to fly it again.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 02:08:40 PM by jimbocz »

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab