Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR(M) timing  (Read 347 times)

• Liked: 19
FLR(M) timing
« on: June 25, 2016, 07:27:51 AM »
I have dumb question. I want to make sure I get the timing correct. We arrived in the UK under the spousal visa on May 8, 2014. Our visa expires in January 2017. When is the possible earliest date we should apply for the FLR(M) so that we won't have to worry about the shortfall of the second visa and applying for the ILR? I need to get my application started as soon as I can as my fixed term contract with my employer ends the day my visa expires. And even though I know I can still work in the UK while the application is being processed my employer will not extend my contract if there is no new visa.
I have been trying to figure this out for a couple of months now and I am just getting myself more confused rather than getting an actual date. On top of all this my husband was diagnosed with heart failure and we have been dealing with all that too.
I apologize for asking such a dumb question, but I am confusing myself more each time I try to figure this out.
Thank you for any replies and help

Lynn

• Liked: 3595
Re: FLR(M) timing
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2016, 07:35:52 AM »
I want to make sure I get the timing correct. We arrived in the UK under the spousal visa on May 8, 2014. Our visa expires in January 2017. When is the possible earliest date we should apply for the FLR(M) so that we won't have to worry about the shortfall of the second visa and applying for the ILR?

The earliest date you can apply is 28 days before you reach 30 months in the UK.

If you entered on May 8th 2014, you will reach 30 months on November 8th 2016. Therefore the earliest you can apply is 28 days before November 8th, which is 11th October 2016.

I need to get my application started as soon as I can as my fixed term contract with my employer ends the day my visa expires. And even though I know I can still work in the UK while the application is being processed my employer will not extend my contract if there is no new visa.

If you can afford to pay the extra to apply in person (and don't have a complicated application), you can get a same day decision, and your BRP card (visa) will arrive in the post within 7-10 days, so you should have your visa well in advance of your contract expiring.

If you apply by post though, it can take anywhere from 1-6 months for it to be processed (generally it's been 1-2 months recently).

On top of all this my husband was diagnosed with heart failure and we have been dealing with all that too.

Sorry to hear that - I hope he's okay.

And it's not a dumb question - a lot of people find the timing confusing :).

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2016, 08:08:20 AM »
Thanks ksands. I just did not want to do it to early.

If you can afford to pay the extra to apply in person (and don't have a complicated application), you can get a same day decision, and your BRP card (visa) will arrive in the post within 7-10 days, so you should

That's what we were planning to do as I don't want to risk loosing the great job I have.

Sorry to hear that - I hope he's okay.

He has his good days and bad days but we are just taking it one day at a time. Thanks for asking
The timing was doing my head in that's for sure :)

Lynn

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2016, 08:25:24 AM »

I apologize for asking such a dumb question, but I am confusing myself more each time I try to figure this out.

I feel your pain! I simply could not get my head around this one when it was time for us to apply.  Luckily, Ksand24 and KFdancer sorted me out!

On top of all this my husband was diagnosed with heart failure and we have been dealing with all that too.

Sorry to hear this. Don't forget to look after yourself with all this going on.

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2016, 07:25:39 AM »
It is very confusing. And with all that's going on I was making myself crazy. So I am grateful for the help.
I am doing what I can to look after myself and still work and take care if my husband when he needs the help. I will keep that in mind.
Lynn

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab