Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Pokemon Go on your mobile  (Read 2300 times)

• Liked: 68
Re: Pokemon Go on your mobile
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2016, 02:51:03 PM »
It's out in the UK now Jimbocz! I've turned off location when I'm not using it. The permissions did not seem much different than Facebook and some other social media. Doesn't mean they can't do everything you've said but just saying other apps have been doing similar for ages now and there wasn't quite the same uproar. I can see why there is though.

• Liked: 537
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2016, 03:40:37 PM »
I got it today!

I was quickly prompted to take a walk around the neighborhood.

I was about to sign up for a gym but now I'm thinking why when I just have Pokemon Go! So. Addicting.

I'm glad you're having fun with it! I wish I had PokeStops nearby. But it's fun!
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 18
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2016, 04:01:19 PM »
Sorry but I can't help myself...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
American married to British Citizen, living in Colorado.  Moving to Hampshire/Berkshire area.

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2016, 04:55:46 PM »
Just got it.  I fear telling my kids about it

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2016, 08:02:48 PM »
I'm glad you're having fun with it! I wish I had PokeStops nearby. But it's fun!

I'm still a bit confused with it all. I have a "gym" next door (that I can't use yet), but pokestops across the main road. What would you do if you ran out of stuff?

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2016, 08:49:12 PM »
I'm still a bit confused with it all. I have a "gym" next door (that I can't use yet), but pokestops across the main road. What would you do if you ran out of stuff?

You can't do anything with the gyms until you reach level 5. So right now all you want to do is catch pokemon. You gain experience for catching them. You'll want to catch some of the same pokemon because you send the ones you don't want to the professor and get that pokemon's candy in return.

You use the PokeStops to get free stuff, like eggs (which hatch into pokemon after you travel the distance, but it only measures distance you travel while you are using the app), pokeballs, and other items. There are some great tutorials and things that can help you if you need some guidance online. I've read up on them, but some things you need to see for it to make sense and some great people have created little tutorials.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2016, 09:04:26 PM »
Oh yeah I've been to a couple today actually (one was outside my husband's work on my way to a Dr appointment and I am so thankful he didnt come out and see me lol!)

I meant what do you do if, like you, there are no real PokeStops nearby and you run out of PokeBalls?

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2016, 09:53:20 PM »
You either get them from the Pokestops (one of the reasons to hang around near it, they refresh every 5 minutes when you are far enough away from them) or from leveling up.

If you miss when you throw you can pick it back up. Just tap it before it disappears.

Or, you pay real money to get coins. You also get coins and such once you can start doing the gym thing.

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2016, 08:38:21 AM »
Can I just say, I never thought I was going to have this kind of conversation at age 30, haha!

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2016, 10:05:26 AM »
Looks like the servers are swamped, I can't declare my own name.  I'm a bit nervous about trying it for fear I end up like Lyonaria who has clearly been abducted by aliens judging from those last few posts.

« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2016, 10:34:35 AM »
 ;)
Can I just say, I never thought I was going to have this kind of conversation at age 30, haha!

Haha, I have conversations like this all the time. I do tend to play other video games though...

Honestly, I'm getting low on Pokeballs only have 20 left and there are no poke stops near me at all. They have opened up suggestions for new PokeStops/gyms and also you can report if a PokeStop or Gym is on private property or if it's innapropriate. Niantic is being very proactive on the reported ones. I'm not sure about how quick they are with the requested new ones.

I'm kind of hoping there will be some Pokestops I can hit in Burton when we go today. My husband had better be understanding... haha.

Looks like the servers are swamped, I can't declare my own name.  I'm a bit nervous about trying it for fear I end up like Lyonaria who has clearly been abducted by aliens judging from those last few posts.

Haha. you think that sounds like I've been abducted. :) You will be 'ONE OF US. ONE OF US. ONE OF US.'

In all honesty though, if you are trying to set up a Pokemon Trainer name instead of using a google account, that will be the issues. The Pokemon Trainer bit hasn't worked since the game was launched last week. I tried to set one up, I nearly did, and then the website crashed. Easiest thing to do is create a gmail account for the game if you don't want to use one you already have.

« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2016, 10:48:54 AM »
I just used my gmail account too when I couldnt register properly, even though I dont use it often. I also thought when it said "what should we call you?" it meant I could use my name but turns out that was all taken usernames as well, even though I dont know the point because I dont know if you "connect" with others yet?

I also have a problem with my phone going in "standby" while out and about. I dont seem to find as much so not sure if it is still "on". Not sure it finds anything then because I thought it was meant to vibrate, so I dont have to be looking at it all the time. and sometimes coming out of standby mode, I am stuck and have to restart it.

The benefits of all this? I am getting out and walking a lot more! I am planning a walk this afternoon, and yes, I will be hunting pokemon.

« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2016, 02:20:15 PM »
You'll need to change some settings on your phone so it doesn't 'go to sleep'/standby as quickly (most people have it set to a minute or less) or get an app that will keep your phone active while you're in pokemon go so you don't have to keep touching the screen to keep it active. Your screen can't go black, that means your phone is in standby. It has to have the game running for anything to count.

There is supposedly a battery saving feature in the game, but a lot of people have been having trouble with it. And by trouble, the game just freezes without you being able to keep using it when you come upon a pokemon or a pokestop. I'm sure that will be fixed in an update, but just having your phone stay active will help you.

I just went to Burton and there were tons of Poke Stops and gyms, hurray! I was able to get 60 pokeballs just by walking around, I even caught 3 or 4 new pokemon! Not to mention I got 6 eggs! SO YAY. I'm even level 6 now. :)

« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2016, 02:23:04 PM »
Also, it really is a huge battery drain. :(

You could try, since you have an Android, to download your google maps info for where you usually go for use offline. It might make things smoother.

It doesn't work at all for iPhones because none of the apps are allowed to share data.

« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2016, 02:37:41 PM »
Thanks for the tips! I'm off for a walk so I can get to level 5 finally! :-D

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab