Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Hotdogs?  (Read 733 times)

• Liked: 2
Hotdogs?
« on: July 10, 2016, 06:07:02 PM »
Ok. One of the biggest things that I miss from the US is getting a decent hotdog. I wanted to start this thread to see what people have found.

I have kept my eyes open since I moved here to the UK. I have tried many, thrown away many, and there are a few I buy regularly now.

The best all beef that I have found that resemble the taste and texture of an American were these:

They are available through the online Ocado delivery service.

I also buy some frankfurters from a German store near BoroughMarket in London. They are smaller pork based casing franks that have the snap, if that's what you are looking for. They aren't exactly like a US pork casing Frank, but are pretty close.

Decent hotdog buns are also hard to come by. I find most are too wide. I haven't been able to find the more narrow, white sided tear apart ones that are common in the US.

I buy Heinz hotdog relish at the American Store in Notting Hill.

Any suggestions for hotdogs or buns?

• Liked: 4985
Re: Hotdogs?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2016, 06:50:07 PM »
Costco!  Just like home.

• Liked: 68
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2016, 07:42:34 PM »
Costco!  Just like home.

OMG...yes!!! This is the only reason why I'm very sad I can't get a Costco membership. The beef hot dogs!

I will never get these hot dogs in a can, or to even call it "American style". Asda have some "American hot dogs" now but they're not. Not even close. It's a sausage, plain as day haha.

I think I'd have to do a full shop on Ocado wouldn't I? Can I just get hot dogs delivered? Haha!

Also sometimes the soft French rolls or large finger rolls at Asda are decent. They're longer and thinner than the actual hot dog buns they have.

• Liked: 2
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2016, 05:16:35 PM »

I think I'd have to do a full shop on Ocado wouldn't I? Can I just get hot dogs delivered? Haha!

I think Ocado has a minimum order of £30 or so. You could get all hotdogs, if you buy 6 packages. Ocado also have a pretty big American section though. It's not hard to rack up £30 in this section. I usually order my whole groceries once a month with them and also buy the hotdog buns, french's mustard, Snyders pretzels, root beer, Cheetos etc, from their American section.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab