Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: UPS saying not enough postage  (Read 1760 times)

• Liked: 6
UPS saying not enough postage
« on: July 13, 2016, 07:38:26 PM »
Hello all,
Asking for a friend that has paid for priority, and has now gone to UPS, but the UPS store says the printed labels they brought, are only for a letter.
Any idea of contact info for VFS that you may have, so that they can have VFS contact UPS?

Thanks so much!

• Liked: 3595
Re: UPS saying not enough postage
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 07:47:47 PM »
I don't know if VFS will contact UPS or not.

There is contact info on the VFS website, but it costs $12 per phone call and you have to purchase it as a service through the website, giving your visa application GWF number, then email them the receipt. Within 24 hours, they will email you with a scheduled date and time for them to contact you!

Does your friend have the receipt from the shipping purchase - showing they paid $227 for it?

Can they also print out the page from the VFS website showing the information about the shipping service?

I suppose the other option might be for your friend to try to contact VFS themselves to check if the shipping label they've been sent is the correct one.

• Liked: 35
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 08:23:09 PM »
AirborneJulie,  Tell your friend to look at the bottom of her printed labels.  Below the largest barcode.  She should see:

BILLING: (and some words)
DESC: Document Package
RETURN SERVICE: PAYMENT GUARANTEED

If the Description part says "Package" then the UPS store is wrong.  I don't know how it could say "Letter" if using the VSG option.

• Liked: 2
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2016, 10:59:46 AM »
My husband in usa has been having exact same problem!ive emailed vfs they said our labels are good and ups customer service (in uk) says the labels are good to use too.but hubby went to ups store and they said there no good....and also if package is above 5lbs in weight what then?were freakin out atm 😕😢😢😢

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2016, 11:07:46 AM »
My husband in usa has been having exact same problem!ive emailed vfs they said our labels are good and ups customer service (in uk) says the labels are good to use too.but hubby went to ups store and they said there no good

I would see if you can insist that they are correct and that you have confirmed this with both UPS in the UK and VFS who sold you the labels.

and also if package is above 5lbs in weight what then?

If the package is above 5lbs, you'll need to try to take some things out.

Ideally, what you send shouldn't be more than 1-2 lbs in weight and about 1 inch thick - 5 lbs is a generous allowance, so anything more than that and you probably have too much (less is more when it comes to visa applications - as long as you have the essential required documents, you don't need anything extra).

What documents are you including and how much/many of each?

If you can list what and how much of each thing you are sending, we might be able to advise on what (if anything) you could take out without it affecting the application.

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2016, 11:19:23 AM »
Well as mentioned ups customer service and vfs have confirmed lables are good yet local ups depo says labels not enough...we have all relevent documents chat history sending 100 photos  only because usa husband has spent 6 months here in uk so need to prove that...were gonna see if we can shave some bits but not gonna be able to take much out tbh...its 11 lbs already...and i deffo do not want refusal 4 lack of evidence

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2016, 11:38:10 AM »
Well as mentioned ups customer service and vfs have confirmed lables are good yet local ups depo says labels not enough...we have all relevent documents chat history sending 100 photos  only because usa husband has spent 6 months here in uk so need to prove that...were gonna see if we can shave some bits but not gonna be able to take much out tbh...its 11 lbs already...and i deffo do not want refusal 4 lack of evidence

Hi Susie :)
Ksand24 will be back soon with advice for you, she is our visa expert and really knows her stuff.
In the meantime, you can take out 97 of those photos, they just need proof that you have met in person.
Boarding passes are good enough evidence of trips to visit each other, you don't need more proof than that of his time in the UK.
You don't need your whole chat history, just excerpts over time taken at intervals dependent on the length of your relationship.

The risk of including too much unnecessary stuff is that your important documents will be overlooked and they miss something that is vital to the application.

Perhaps UPS are refusing the package just because it is overweight?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 11:48:58 AM by larrabee »

• Liked: 68
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2016, 11:39:14 AM »

100 photos?!  :o That is FAR too many! You only need 2, 3 max! One on your wedding day and one from another time in the relationship. You only need a page or two of chat history or phone logs or emails and you don't send the actual content, just like a list if times you all emailed or chatted.

Edit! Sorry I posted about same time as larrabee haha but extra reassurance can't hurt here :-)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 11:40:25 AM by BriKH »

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2016, 11:45:16 AM »
we have all relevent documents chat history sending 100 photos  only because usa husband has spent 6 months here in uk so need to prove that...were gonna see if we can shave some bits but not gonna be able to take much out tbh...its 11 lbs already...and i deffo do not want refusal 4 lack of evidence

Okay, that's way, way too much - I would take out most of it.

All you need to prove that your husband was in the UK for 6 months is his boarding passes. That's it.

Take out 98 of the photos. You only need 2 photos at most - I would send one from your wedding and one from another time during the relationship. All the photos are for is to prove you have met in person at least once.

For the chat history, send no more than 1-2 sheets of paper. Just screenshot a few dates and times spread over the time you have been apart and print them out on a couple of sheets of paper. You should not include any chat content unless there is absolutely no way to avoid it.

The 6 months he spent in the UK (shown through boarding passes) will more than outweigh the chat logs.

All you should be sending for the requirements is:

Financial requirements - assuming Category A:
- 6 months of original payslips
- 6 months of original bank statements showing the deposit of each payslip
- letter from UK employer
- job contract
- P60

Accommodation:
If you rent:
- either your tenancy agreement and a letter from your landlord giving him permission to live there
or
- If you own:
 Land Registry document and your latest mortgage statement

Relationship:
- marriage certificate
- 1 or 2 photos of you together
- boarding passes from trips to see each other (or plane tickets if you no longer have the boarding passes)
- 1-2 sheets of paper showing chat log screenshots
- 1-2 sheets of paper showing call log screenshots
- 1-2 sheets of paper showing email inbox screenshots

No message or email content should be sent, just dates, times and names only.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 11:47:34 AM by ksand24 »

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2016, 11:48:38 AM »
Ok but what if we get refused on lack of evidence for not sending enough info?we have put in all relevent info gonna shave off some chat history also problem is weve only been together 1 year so dont want it to look dodgy....this is all soooo confusing everyone has different ideas what to provide

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2016, 11:53:31 AM »
And so what about these vfs shipping labels we paid 276 dollars and there almost useless...im wondering if this vfs is dodgy tbh i mean theres literally no phone numbers or anything no1 is emailing me back how the heck do i post everything and especially if its over the 5lbs mark 😢😢😢

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2016, 12:02:04 PM »
Ok but what if we get refused on lack of evidence for not sending enough info?

You won't. I've seen hundreds, if not thousands, of people successfully apply for fiance and spousal visas over the last 9.5 years, sending only what I've listed above.

It's a tick-box visa and 95-98% of visa applications made in the US are approved. As long as they can tick off that you have included evidence of regular contact (his visit to the UK and a few chat logs), that is all that is needed for that part of the application.

By sending too much, you end up paying more in postage, giving the poor employees in Sheffield a ton more work to do than they need to, and you risk your important documents getting lost amongst all the unnecessary ones and not being seen.

we have put in all relevent info gonna shave off some chat history also problem is weve only been together 1 year so dont want it to look dodgy

That is not a problem - as long as you show you are in regular communication with each other and the relationship is genuine, it doesn't matter how long you've been together.

If you've been together 1 year and he's spent 6 months of that in the UK, then you need to show 6 months of chat conversation.

So, I would screenshot maybe 1 chat instance per week for the 6 months - so 24 chat dates/times and list them on a couple of sheets of paper.

Or, if it won't let you pick and choose one per week, do one or two screenshot from each month, showing a few dates, and print them on as few sheets of paper as possible.

And so what about these vfs shipping labels we paid 276 dollars and there almost useless

Why 276 dollars? Doesn't the shipping cost $227? 

They are also not useless - assuming you've confirmed that they are the correct labels, then it's UPS who are in the wrong here.

Can you try a different UPS store instead? It may just be the employees at the store you are going to who are telling you they are the wrong labels.

You've paid all this money, so I would stand your ground and refuse to leave until they accept the labels.

im wondering if this vfs is dodgy tbh i mean theres literally no phone numbers or anything no1 is emailing me back how the heck do i post everything and especially if its over the 5lbs mark 😢😢😢

They are not dodgy - they are UKVI's commercial partners... they provide visa services all over the world. It's UKVI who have arranged the shipping service, and are just offering the service through VFS Global's website.

If you take out everything we've suggested, it should be less than 5 lbs anyway.

The limit is 5 lbs because you should not need to include so many documents that it weighs any more than that.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2016, 12:03:29 PM »
Ok but what if we get refused on lack of evidence for not sending enough info?we have put in all relevent info gonna shave off some chat history also problem is weve only been together 1 year so dont want it to look dodgy....this is all soooo confusing everyone has different ideas what to provide

OK, take a deep breath. It is going to be OK.  :)
Ksand24 has been helping on this site for years and years and almost all of us here got our visas with her help.
You can trust that the advice she gives is accurate.

And so what about these vfs shipping labels we paid 276 dollars and there almost useless...im wondering if this vfs is dodgy tbh i mean theres literally no phone numbers or anything no1 is emailing me back how the heck do i post everything and especially if its over the 5lbs mark 😢😢😢

First go back to square one with your evidence. Re-do your package, including only the evidence that she has suggested above. If you do that, you can not possibly have something weighing over 5lb.

I wonder if your problem with posting was to to with the fact that your package was overweight rather than the fact that there is a problem with the labels per se?

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2016, 12:20:49 PM »
Well dirst ups place hubby went to said they could post with sent labels other say no lables are good for a letter.some say u can post up2 a 100lbs with label...vfs say labels are good also so idk...and surely if over 5lbs we can just pay the difference?no we never even got a real answer on the 5lbs mark still....been through our stuff were gonna shave a bit off but theres still quite a bit tbh...im on d.l.a so need adequate maintenence proof so sent in a years bank statements and hubby sending yrs bank statements as he has savings...i sent all my benefit letters also chat history photos divorce papers for hubby 4 letters from family and friends...appendix 2 su07 thats bout it tbh

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2016, 12:40:59 PM »
Also hubby has minor criminal convictions over a year ago weve had to send papers for that too...will that affect application?he jus got fines n such like no jail time

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab