Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: 10-year old birthday party  (Read 1223 times)

• Liked: 0
10-year old birthday party
« on: July 14, 2016, 09:45:26 AM »
So,, I'm not on net mums, but thought I might get some opinions here!  My son is going to be 10 in August - can't believe it….  He wants to do a Pokemon party, but I'm worried some of the people he wants to invite might think it's babyish and I don't want him to get picked on.

I think 10 is a fine age for it, but what are anyone else's thoughts?  My only other issue is that I'm finding Pokemon is getting WAY too obsessive, but that's another issue…. :o

• Liked: 533
Re: 10-year old birthday party
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 12:46:23 PM »
So,, I'm not on net mums, but thought I might get some opinions here!  My son is going to be 10 in August - can't believe it….  He wants to do a Pokemon party, but I'm worried some of the people he wants to invite might think it's babyish and I don't want him to get picked on.

I think 10 is a fine age for it, but what are anyone else's thoughts?  My only other issue is that I'm finding Pokemon is getting WAY too obsessive, but that's another issue…. :o

I've just ordered a Pikachu hoodie for my daughter's 16th birthday.

I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 02:31:20 PM »

Childish?
I think your question has already been answered by the adults of the world who are going mad for Pokeman Go.   

I wouldn't worry so much about his interests seeming childish, I'd guess that the friends he wants to invite are into the same things and it won't be a problem.  I guess I'm assuming that he's picking who comes and it's not an "invite the whole class " kind of thing.  He's probably picked friends that are at similar maturity levels already. 

Also , I'll respectfully suggest that you allow him to pick a party theme that he likes and not worry about over obsession for one day.  It's his birthday, let him live it up a bit. You can limit whatever he's doing that's getting too much later on.  If anything, it will get it out of his system.

• Liked: 537
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2016, 04:16:43 PM »
Pokemon is back in a big way. With Pokemon Go just being released in the US (people in the UK are playing it without it actually being released here yet), I don't think know you'll need to worry about it being babyish.

People of ALL ages are playing Pokemon Go now, from young kids to parents with kids and everyone in between.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Island Life (without the palm trees)
  • Liked: 20
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2016, 02:26:04 PM »
My best friend just told me she was addicted to Pokemon Go and she's a gorgeous 34-year-old woman. So yeah, I think your 10-year-old should be fine. :)

Sponsored Links