Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Anyone had their documents sent back by 2nd Class Delivery for UK Citizenship?  (Read 339 times)

• Liked: 0
Hello all

My wife applied for her UK Citizenship but forgot to enclose a Pre-Paid Envelope and obviously they just send the documents back by 2nd Class post. Has anyone else had their documents returned to them by 2nd class post without any problems?

We were thinking of sending them a pre-paid envelope and ask them to link it up to her account, even though she has already send in the form AN/Documents. Has anyone done this after they have submitted their application and they have used UKVI has used the pre-paid envelope?

Does invitation letter come in same envelope as all other documents also? Does anyone know?

Does UKVI let you know once the documents have been sent back to you? ie via text/email etc?

How long is it before they send the documents back normally?

Thanks all in advance. 

What ID is needed when going to the Citizenship ceremony?

• Britannicaine
  • Liked: 198
My ceremony was five years ago, but I'll chime in since no one else has. Yes, my confirmation and documents were sent second class. I actually received the letter from the council to schedule my ceremony before I got the letter saying my application had been successful. I didn't include an envelope, but IIRC at the time it wasn't required. Your mileage may vary, as things change with immigration and citizenship all the time, though I do think the citizenship part has remained the most consistent since I've been here anyway. I can't remember what ID I used, probably my provisional licence or passport. Either one is probably OK.
On s'envolera du même quai
Les yeux dans les mêmes reflets,
Pour cette vie et celle d'après
Tu seras mon unique projet.

Je t'aimais, je t'aime, et je t'aimerai.

--Francis Cabrel

• Now I'm home. :)
    • The Wordsmith Desk
  • Liked: 20
I only just got my citizenship (ceremony was two weeks ago), yet I can't remember a thing about enclosing a self-addressed, postage-paid envelope, nor what class postage my documents were returned.

My invitation came in a separate letter to my approval letter/returned documents. I was not told beforehand via email or by any other means. It took just under 10 weeks.

I used my passport as ID at the ceremony.
British Citizenship approval: May 2016
Ceremony: July 2016
Well, she was an American girl, raised on promises.
She couldn't help thinking that there was a little more to life, somewhere else.
After all it was a great big world, with lots of places to run to.
And if she had to die trying she had one little promise she was gonna keep.

Comprehensive CV/Résumé Preparation
Writing, Proofreading & Editing Services
www.thewordsmithdesk.co.uk

Thanks fallgal did you enclose a stamped address envelope when you sent in your firm an and the documents? When you got your documents back did you have to sign for them or did they just come in an envelope though your letter box? Just I didn't enclose a stamped address envelope when we sent in my wife's form an and documents and on the ukvi guidance notes for form an it says if you don't enclose a stamped addressed envelope they will send you back your documents via 2nd class delivery and  I was just wondering if people got their documents back OK who didn't send ukvi a pre paid stamped addressed special delivery envelope?

Sponsored Links