Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: BRP card refused delivery and imminent travel plans  (Read 2602 times)

• Liked: 0
BRP card refused delivery and imminent travel plans
« on: July 19, 2016, 07:09:13 PM »
I've posted in here last week but I had a successful FLRM appointment in Cardifd on Friday. My BRP was due to be delivered to my work in London, and I was told 3-4 days which meant great. I could make the holiday I had planned for Sunday with my family abroad.

Today the security guard at my work refused the delivery of the BRP card (after I had told them to expect it only 30 minutes before) because of a "system error" (he didn't look up my name to confirm I worked there and apparently "the system" aka the database of who works there didn't show my name - he tells me this as he looks me up on the computer which does show my name!!!) - anyway I am pretty mad with security but that's for my boss to deal with.

I'm now in a pickle. I can't reschedule delivery according to the link DX sent me until another 8 working days have passed. I am supposed to leave for Spain Sunday for 7 days.

I have, in the past (Nov 2015), successfully gotten back into the UK when I forgot my BRP card at home. The border agent just took my passport and double checked my details then and it took an extra 5 minutes.

Do I risk this again? Do I call the Home Office? I found a number online but the office hours ended while I was on the phone with DX. I can reschedule the delivery for while I am away but now obviously I worry if it is refused again.

I wouldn't be so upset if I wasn't 5 months pregnant and this was a family holiday we have had planned for a year. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you!

• Liked: 0
Re: BRP card refused delivery and imminent travel plans
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2016, 07:11:14 PM »
PS for some reason my phone is signed into a username I have used in the past - I posted as march3bk recently! Need to get these usernames straight.

• Liked: 68
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2016, 07:39:58 PM »
Seems ridiculous you'd have to wait that long for redelivery. Can you phone them?

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2016, 07:43:52 PM »
That doesn't seem right.  You should be able to get redelivery this week.  I'd call again and see what the next person tells you or collect from a depot.

• Liked: 1
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2016, 07:49:52 PM »
That doesn't seem right.  You should be able to get redelivery this week.  I'd call again and see what the next person tells you or collect from a depot.

That's what I thought, but it doesn't look like it. I called DX who texted me this link: https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits/not-arrived which says I have to wait another 8 days to arrange delivery (my appointment was on the 15th) as only 2 working days have passed. I think a delivery card wasn't left by DX because my work security refused it (ugh). So it's not a "missed" delivery. I will call UKVI first thing tomorrow but if they just redirect me to that link... any other ideas?

PS now that I am home I am on my regular UN!

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2016, 07:54:20 PM »
Yeah, 8 working days doesn't seem right. I wonder if they are getting mixed up with the 10 working days timeline given by UKVI... but that's the amount of time you should receive it within, so I have no idea why they would make you wait.

I would contact DX again, explain the situation and that it's urgent that you get the BRP ASAP. You could even try to take it to complaint level if they keep insisting that you have to wait.

You aren't supposed to contact UKVI until 10 working days have passed and only if DX haven't tried to deliver it - the UKVI website tells you not to call them about a missed delivery and that you need to sort out redelivery with DX: https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits/not-arrived

Edited to add: I would reason with DX that the link they gave you tells you to rearrange delivery with them, and not contact UKVI.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 07:55:24 PM by ksand24 »

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2016, 08:02:57 PM »
It seems like that's the case, ksand. She kept redirecting me back saying if I didn't have a delivery card then I couldn't speak to them, and the text they sent me said to speak to the UKVI too.

I'll try again tomorrow when they re-open and attempt to reason with them. I was pretty unable to when I spoke to them earlier today, the woman was so unhelpful! Also I waited to get through for like... 35 minutes?

• Liked: 68
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2016, 08:24:41 PM »
I rang them when I was wondering where my BRP was. I didn't need a tracking number either, they tried to have a look just by my last name and postcode. It seems like they tried to help but weren't very helpful. It just showed up one morning though.

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2016, 10:30:31 AM »
So because security said I was not known at my work address, and it was a refused delivery, I have to go via https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits/not-arrived this link. UKVI when I called them said they couldn't do anything because the BRP office only corresponds via emails sent from that link. As it hasn't been 10 days since my application was approved/the date on my approval letter the UKVI said to lie about the date and hope for the best. Yep...

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2016, 10:48:27 AM »
So because security said I was not known at my work address, and it was a refused delivery, I have to go via https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits/not-arrived this link. UKVI when I called them said they couldn't do anything because the BRP office only corresponds via emails sent from that link. As it hasn't been 10 days since my application was approved/the date on my approval letter the UKVI said to lie about the date and hope for the best. Yep...

That sucks... I guess that's what you'll have to do then!

Or... not sure if this would work, but could you have your work security contact DX and say they made a mistake, that you are known at work and that they should not have refused the delivery?

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2016, 11:56:58 AM »
That sucks... I guess that's what you'll have to do then!

Or... not sure if this would work, but could you have your work security contact DX and say they made a mistake, that you are known at work and that they should not have refused the delivery?

So I've got the head of security (I'm a lecturer a major London university) calling the top dogs at DX for me (I love my boss for making this happen). He was able to find out that the letter from UKVI was only in my first and middle name! So that's why it was refused ... DX now is verifying my identity with UKVI and said they will call me and him back as soon as they hear back. Fingers crossed.

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2016, 12:01:33 PM »
So I've got the head of security (I'm a lecturer a major London university) calling the top dogs at DX for me (I love my boss for making this happen). He was able to find out that the letter from UKVI was only in my first and middle name! So that's why it was refused ... DX now is verifying my identity with UKVI and said they will call me and him back as soon as they hear back. Fingers crossed.

Great news :). Hope you get it sorted soon

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab