Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Regarding submission of spouse's Birth Certificate  (Read 339 times)

• Liked: 4
Regarding submission of spouse's Birth Certificate
« on: July 20, 2016, 02:50:39 PM »
Hey all,

Currently on my mobile and trawling topics is extremely tedious at the moment. Will need to speak further with my wife's parents here soon, so was hoping to have a questioned answered.

My wife is a British citizen by birth, and holds no other passport and was born and raised in England.

I have read some conflicting posts, so was hoping I could clear it up. As far as paperwork submitted will we need to provide original copies of her birth certificate or will copies of suffice? We will also be including copies of her passport and every other document necessary, but her father is weary of allowing her birth certificate to leave his 'sacred' cupboard of files, with which I completely agree.

Any response would be amazing!

Cheers!

• Liked: 6110
Re: Regarding submission of spouse's Birth Certificate
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2016, 02:54:52 PM »
Hey all,

Currently on my mobile and trawling topics is extremely tedious at the moment. Will need to speak further with my wife's parents here soon, so was hoping to have a questioned answered.

My wife is a British citizen by birth, and holds no other passport and was born and raised in England.

I have read some conflicting posts, so was hoping I could clear it up. As far as paperwork submitted will we need to provide original copies of her birth certificate or will copies of suffice? We will also be including copies of her passport and every other document necessary, but her father is weary of allowing her birth certificate to leave his 'sacred' cupboard of files, with which I completely agree.

Any response would be amazing!

Cheers!

You don't need to send her birth certificate or a copy.

Include a certified copy of her passport photo page. This can be done at the Post Office.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 02:55:01 PM »
Her birth certificate is not required at all, and never has been.

All she needs to send is a certified copy of the photo page of her UK passport, so forget all about the birth certificate.

On that note, as the applicant, you don't need to send your birth certificate or any other ID documents apart from your current US passport, and all other previous passports you have held.

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2016, 03:41:33 PM »
Her birth certificate is not required at all, and never has been.

All she needs to send is a certified copy of the photo page of her UK passport, so forget all about the birth certificate.

On that note, as the applicant, you don't need to send your birth certificate or any other ID documents apart from your current US passport, and all other previous passports you have held.

thats really good to know, i suppose for a lot of people, myself included, you simply want to have all aspects covered and provide more info than is necessary just in case.

so just to confirm, my current passport and previous (1) passport is sufficient?

and a follow up question, in regards to our marriage certificate. will a certified copy of that also suffice? or must we provide the original? simply because the original copy is unique in itself and from my understanding the original cannot be replaced.
We were issued both the original and a certified copy by the registrar on the wedding day, standard i suppose.

thanks Ksands!

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2016, 03:51:32 PM »
Yes, your passport is all that is needed. they just need to see your nationality and date of birth. A birth certificate is only required in the case where the sponsor does not have a passport.

The certified copy of your marriage certificate that you received when you married is sufficient. I don't think anyone actually has their 'original' marriage certificate, as I think that is filed away by the government.

Sent from my iPod using Tapatalk

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2016, 03:59:39 PM »

The certified copy of your marriage certificate that you received when you married is sufficient. I don't think anyone actually has their 'original' marriage certificate, as I think that is filed away by the government.

thanks a lot for that! i appreciate your help!
and I suppose, since you have been responsive, i can throw something else out there. I had seen on a different thread the point that if you and your spouse do have a domicile set up, but its just her name on the tenancy agreement, i will then need to have a letter from the landlord stating that I will then have permission to live there with her?
is this correct? or is having a flat set up with her name on the agreement enough.
obviously you can't have your name on a tenancy agreement without having legal residence in the country. 

Regarding submission of spouse's Birth Certificate
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2016, 04:07:40 PM »
Yes, I have actually just answered your question in the other thread.

You need to provide evidence that you have permission from the homeowner to live in the property, by way of a letter from them.

Just having her name on the tenancy doesn't provide this evidence... As UKVI will have no way of knowing if you will also be allowed to live there when you move.

Sent from my iPod using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links