Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: VFSGlobal UPS charges  (Read 2712 times)

• Liked: 35
VFSGlobal UPS charges
« on: July 22, 2016, 12:12:58 AM »
When we use VFS for purchase UPS labels, are we NOT getting 2nd day delivery both ways?

Have spoken with UPS to find out why my parcel shipped 21/7 can't be delivered on 23/7 as that's 2 days.  Was told that return label is just Express; they (UPS) doesn't offer 2 day from UK to US; they (UPS) don't count the pickup day as a "day"; they (UPS) only deliver on "business days".

Have checked my label on pdf & it doesn't say 2nd day or express.  Don't believe you can't get 2 day from UK.  Can believe they don't count pickup day.  And we all know UPS delivers on a Sat & even on a Sun sometimes.

But if we're paying for 2nd day & UPS is refusing to deliver, then VFS needs to know & we should get partial refunds for false & deceptive business practices.

• Liked: 2
Re: VFSGlobal UPS charges
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 07:04:56 AM »
Feel ur pain were having a f****** noghtmare with postage....went through vfs there labels were useless to becanuse our package weigh more than 5lbs so ups would not take our labels!!!went direct through ups took 4 hrs to make a label now done but a commercial invoice wasnt included so dunno if its even gonna get to sheffield now if not were kinda in a mess ripping hair out atm absolute nightmare!!!!!soz cant help u tho 😭😭😭😭😭

• Liked: 537
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 09:16:02 AM »
Hey!

I remember having a similar conversation with UPS corporate when I did mine.

UK UPS has different shipping options than US. If you are trying to find the shipping option on the US shipping types, you're looking at the wrong information.

Found it for you, UK Express International is 1-3 days. It's fewer days the less distance it has to travel. So going to Europe they might do it in 1.

https://www.ups.com/content/gb/en/shipping/time/service/shipping/index.html

When mine was done it was Express Saver so it was 1-5 days, VFS didn't exist at the time. I also paid for my own shipping it was $75. This was 2014.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 10:28:54 AM by lyonaria »
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2016, 09:24:28 AM »
Feel ur pain were having a f****** noghtmare with postage....went through vfs there labels were useless to becanuse our package weigh more than 5lbs so ups would not take our labels!!!went direct through ups took 4 hrs to make a label now done but a commercial invoice wasnt included so dunno if its even gonna get to sheffield now if not were kinda in a mess ripping hair out atm absolute nightmare!!!!!soz cant help u tho 😭😭😭😭😭

Holy crap, over 5 pounds?! What did you send?

Mine was an inch thick and I went a bit overboard, it was still under 2.

A commercial invoice? Doing a Gogle search, those are only for non-documents. You shouldn't get one.

https://www.ups.com/content/us/en/shipping/international/documents/intl_forms/comm_invoice.html
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2016, 09:35:48 AM »
Well we had quite a bit of extra info to send since im not required to meet financial side only adequate maintenence so alot of bank statementsfrom both of us and benefit letters...didnt wanna miss anything out and anyway the gov.uk site does not specify how much to put in

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2016, 09:46:10 AM »
Well we had quite a bit of extra info to send since im not required to meet financial side only adequate maintenence so alot of bank statementsfrom both of us and benefit letters...didnt wanna miss anything out and anyway the gov.uk site does not specify how much to put in

As mentioned before, you really don't need all that much at all - certainly not 5lbs worth.

If you don't need to meet the maintenance requirement, it actually makes your application less complicated and there should be less paperwork to send than if you do need to meet the requirement.

From what I remember, you only needed to send 6 months of statements from your husband, 6 or 12 months from you (which is pretty much the same as other people) and about 5 letters.

If you had to meet the requirements, on top of all that you would ALSO have needed to send letters from employers, job contracts, P60s and 6-12 months of payslips.... so what you needed to send was less than most other people.

The UKVI website certainly does specify what to send:
- 6 months of savings account statements from him
- 12 months of your bank statements showing income
- 1 letter per benefit stating what you are entitled to

Sent from my iPod using Tapatalk

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2016, 10:05:09 AM »

5 pounds of paperwork?!?!  Goodness, it's going to add insane time onto the processing for the poor case worker to find the required documents to tick the boxes to get the visa!!  I hope it works out okay.  That's the most I've ever heard and I've heard some crazy stories!

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2016, 10:06:20 AM »
Our solicitor advised 12 months of bank statements each mine are fortnightly so thats alot of papers the benefit letters are all 8 pages long too and there was old benefit letters from last year to tally up with amounts on bank statements and we had some extra info also....im jus saying also that on gov.uk it does not stste exactly how much pics chat etc to put in and that didnt take up much space anyway tbh....pls be hopefull for us here wud be nice to have some encouraging words 😕

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2016, 10:10:56 AM »
Yes thanku 4 ur encouragement here!!!its not a "crazy story" this is our lives were talking about there...we had quite a few extra things which im not going in2 here to add which bulked it up....we did a very organized application and its all in order....poor people at ukva?seriously we just paid a small fortune 2 these people so if they have to spend a bit more time on it then so be it we paid our dues right?i just hope some1 has a decent word to say here aswell 😕😕😕

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2016, 10:26:56 AM »

We want everyone who applies to get their visas. It's just surprising to hear over 5 pounds because with this business, less is more. The more paperwork you send them, the easier it is for them to miss something or not be able to find what they need. It is not "getting your money'saving worth" to send so much paperwork.

It's a tick box visa, if you meet the criteria(check all the boxes) you get the visa. The visa processors aren't able to use their own discretion on anything.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 11:06:28 AM by lyonaria »

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2016, 10:35:04 AM »
Best of luck to you! Hopefully you'll hear back soon!

Since its summer, remember that it's going to take awhile to process. This is their main busy season.

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2016, 02:55:04 PM »
So is the Vfs even worth it? Just spent the $227.00!

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2016, 02:58:04 PM »
VFS is just fixed-price, pre-paid UPS shipping - so it's completely up to you whether you find it's worth it for your particular package and shipping needs.

You might find it's cheaper to send it yourself without using VFS, or it might be more expensive... Just depends.

Normally, it will cost between about $150 and $300 for round-trip shipping... And VFS is within that bracket, so it's not that expensive compared to other methods.

Sent from my iPod using Tapatalk

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2016, 03:50:01 PM »
We all want you to get your visa.  I promise.  We just don't want to see your required documents be overlooked by unnecessary ones - which unfortunately is something we've seen happen a few times before.

But yes, I do feel for the case worker who has to sort through what is needed and not needed.  I'm allowed to feel empathy for them - they are people too.  And the ones I've dealt with during my in person appointments have been lovely.   :)

• Liked: 35
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2016, 05:03:07 PM »
Perhaps I didn't word my initial post correctly so I will try again.

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/usa/user_pay_services.html

This is the exact line from the VFS Round Trip Courier Service section on the above link.
Sheffield Round Trip Courier (2-day each way) –  Settlement category USD 227.00

It shows that we're paying for 2 day from the US to UK and from UK to US.  But when I spoke with UPS they're saying we CAN'T have 2 day return.  If this is true (the "can't) then the VFS website is wrong & we've been overcharged.

Sponsored Links