Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Visa Help Please  (Read 824 times)

• Liked: 2
Visa Help Please
« on: July 22, 2016, 02:48:08 PM »
Hello-

Question? about how much of iMessage needs to be printed out? Also, some of our messages between my fiancĂ© and I are private. Can I skip those or black out with marker?  Thank You 😊

• Liked: 3595
Re: Visa Help Please
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 02:50:43 PM »
You should not include any message content unless there is no way around it.

All you need to send is dates and times of messages (with your name/number included)... So if you can, just screenshot the dates and times and no actual messages.

Sent from my iPod using Tapatalk

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 03:04:53 PM »
Alrighty, thank
You lots!

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2016, 03:59:38 PM »
How much would I have to send them?

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2016, 04:24:35 PM »
How long have you been together as a couple?

You should cover the entire length of your relationship, but you shouldn't send more than 1-2 sheets of paper showing messages.

So, if you've been together 6 months, you might send the date and time of 2 messages per week. If you've been together 2 years, you might send 2 per month. If you've been together 5 years, you might send 1 per month etc.

All you are showing is regular communication - just that you have stayed in contact during the length of your relationship without any large gaps.

If you have visited each other, then evidence of the visits (boarding passes) will supersede the messages, so you show the messages from when you've been apart.

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2016, 10:50:28 PM »
I've known him for 7 years been together as a couple for 3 years. I probably don't have convos that date back to 3 years ago.

Visa Help Please
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2016, 10:55:00 PM »
Just send whatever you do have in terms of how far they go back.

Ideally you will have a selection of things that you can put together to make a full picture of the relationship.

For example: boarding passes from visits to see each other, letters/cards sent to each other, screenshots of: chat logs, Skype logs, email inboxes, mobile phone bills, landline phone bills... Whatever you have in terms of communication.

They just need to make sure you do actually talk to each other and have a genuine relationship,  and that it isn't just a sham for a visa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2016, 11:00:18 PM »
Alrighty and thank you! I have all those things ready!

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2016, 10:30:18 PM »
Just noticing that Skype {video chat}  only goes back 3-6months and Imessage 1 year and that's how I keep in contact with my Fiance. we talk daily all day and night mostly. So, very concerned because our relationship started in 2013 and we met in person in 2014... I have flight tickets from 2014 and so forth. I just don't want to get a refusal because logs aren't kept like that. so what I have to show in that sense be alright?

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2016, 10:50:24 PM »
Don't worry - just send whatever you do have, from the variety of communication you've been engaged in. It doesn't matter if you don't have logs going back that far, as long as you can show other things instead to cover the missing periods (like visits).

Time spent visiting each other will hold more weight than chats and logs, because you are physically in the same place, spending time together in person.

In order of importance:
- boarding passes/tickets to see each other
- physical cards or letters sent to each other
- screenshots of call logs/messages/email inbox etc.

Is there any way of getting historical call logs from Skype or iMessage?

Admittedly I don't use Skype that much (once or twice a month), but my regular call log history goes back 4 years.

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2016, 11:31:37 PM »
I have the boarding passes of when we spent time together which was a total of 4 times within 2 years. I do have some cards from him like xmas and v-day. Umm, I don't think? I can go back with skype because of it's updates. I don't see anything. But it's plain as day how much we talk and interact. Been going crazy for 2 days trying to find solutions to it but can't... I did happen to look at facebook but that only went back until last year. I just don't want them to say you and your partner have been together since 2013 and we don't have any evidence of a relationship dating that far back. Maybe, I am just over worrying.

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2016, 11:36:16 PM »
Alrighty, just went onto facebook and they're sending me downloaded data of everything so hopefully that will show some proof there!

• Liked: 537
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2016, 02:35:59 PM »
Alrighty, just went onto facebook and they're sending me downloaded data of everything so hopefully that will show some proof there!

Just to let you know, they don't put as much weight on facebook data, I think it's because of how easy it is to be faked (catfishing, etc.)
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 537
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2016, 02:44:50 PM »
Just noticing that Skype {video chat}  only goes back 3-6months and Imessage 1 year and that's how I keep in contact with my Fiance. we talk daily all day and night mostly. So, very concerned because our relationship started in 2013 and we met in person in 2014... I have flight tickets from 2014 and so forth. I just don't want to get a refusal because logs aren't kept like that. so what I have to show in that sense be alright?

There are programs you can download to get all of your Skype call history, I don't know the name of the one my husband used since it wasn't available on my Mac.

Be forewarned, it takes awhile to do it! My husband spent time just finding all of our calls and over the nearly 2 years it ended up being really long! haha. It also had ALL of our typed messages.

We video called every morning and night too. Midnight for him when I got off work and 7:00am (midnight for me) when he got up. We'd send IM during my work day, his evening, so I sent the chat times/details to them to. I used the chat client Trillium connected to my goole account, I could see all of our conversations dates and times without message details. 
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2016, 12:26:32 PM »
Thanks! Not going to use fb as it seems it only went back until October. So no point. I have continuously logs of Skype for a year. The programs I've seen cost money and on my Mac they only went back to year. I do have a question. I do voluntary/unpaid nannying for my sister should I get a letter from her supporting that?

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab