Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Busier times less likely to be notified?  (Read 727 times)

• Liked: 18
Busier times less likely to be notified?
« on: July 23, 2016, 09:58:34 PM »
I have been impatiently refreshing my email every day until I know there's no one in the office (and weekends I don't really bother), to no avail (Sheffield settlement). They've had our apps for almost 2 weeks. Is it more likely they won't notify you by email when it's busy?

Trying not to get antsy, but we anticipated a separation of 2 weeks. It's been 2 months and counting. I am now looking at sending off two of my children in advance so they can settle in and apply for school. My husband will have to take time off work and have none left when I go over. I may miss my son's birthday. And if it takes much longer than that, his first day of school.

This is all speculation of course. For all I know I could be approved and on my way in no time. But really feeling the pressure right now.

If I miss my 30 day window to enter, how long does a new vignette take?
Moved to the UK April 2006
Married March 2007
Moved to the U.S. June 2009

Husband accepted new job in UK April 2016
Returning to UK Aug/Sept 2016!

Moved from UK-Germany 2022

• Liked: 3595
Re: Busier times less likely to be notified?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2016, 10:13:55 PM »
I have been impatiently refreshing my email every day until I know there's no one in the office (and weekends I don't really bother), to no avail (Sheffield settlement). They've had our apps for almost 2 weeks. Is it more likely they won't notify you by email when it's busy?

I haven't noticed any particular pattern with emails in the past, though someone else on the forum sent their application on July 1st and got no emails. However, they have had movement on their UPS package, which is supposed to be on its way back to them right now.

So, for them, it's been just over 3 weeks so far, with no emails, but it looks like the visa has been processed.

Trying not to get antsy, but we anticipated a separation of 2 weeks. It's been 2 months and counting.

To be honest, two weeks was very optimistic - I would always allow at least a month even using priority and even when it's not busy. Priority processing used to be a 15-working-day (3-week) turnaround time, but they stopped that a while ago, so they didn't have to guarantee that timescale anymore, and now only say that your application will be put to the front of the processing line, but that's all.

If you're lucky and it's not busy, priority can be as fast as a couple of days, but at this time of year, it can take a month or so.

This is all speculation of course. For all I know I could be approved and on my way in no time. But really feeling the pressure right now.

If the other person's timeline above is correct and their visa has been processed, then I would imagine you'll hear in the next week or two.

If I miss my 30 day window to enter, how long does a new vignette take?

If the travel date you put has passed before the visa is issued, they will just make it valid for 30 days from the date they approve the visa instead.

So even if it takes longer to process than expected, you should still have almost the full 30-day window when you get the visa (minus the couple of days it takes to get to you).

If you did need a new vignette, I think it might take a couple of weeks... you'd have to send your passport back to UKVI (though not sure if it's Sheffield or New York you send it to), then they would have to process it and mail it back again. However, you should have enough time when you get the passport back to travel without needing to do this.

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2016, 01:25:06 AM »
Thank you for all of the info. I had no idea it took so long because when I did it in 2006, I went to the Chicago consulate and had my visa less than a week after my visit. Gave me unrealistic expectations lol
Married March 2007

• Liked: 35
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2016, 02:06:52 AM »
I'm the person ksand24 refers to.  I sent my parcel over on 29 June & it was signed for on 1 July.  Mine was simpler than yours as there are no children or dependents.  I bought priority service.  I never received any emails so I was beginning to panic as my chosen arrival date was 23 July. 

After putting my return tracking number into the UPS site every day from the 10th, there was finally movement on 21 July & my parcel is scheduled to arrive on 25 July.  I don't know if I've been approved or not but hopefully it's a yes.  I've heard that those who have gotten emails say the "visa has been processed" email doesn't tell you whether it's approved or not either.

Best advice I can offer is checking the UPS site for movement.  Good Luck

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2016, 10:33:30 PM »
Thank you for the info. 😊 I'm hoping to hear from them soon, or see movement. I have been stalking the ups tracking because I need to re-route it as I won't be at that address. Don't really fancy sitting in a non-air conditioned house all day waiting for UPS, especially since they often don't arrive until a few minutes before they stop delivering for the night, Andes keep getting excessive heat warnings. 

I'm the person ksand24 refers to.  I sent my parcel over on 29 June & it was signed for on 1 July.  Mine was simpler than yours as there are no children or dependents.  I bought priority service.  I never received any emails so I was beginning to panic as my chosen arrival date was 23 July. 

After putting my return tracking number into the UPS site every day from the 10th, there was finally movement on 21 July & my parcel is scheduled to arrive on 25 July.  I don't know if I've been approved or not but hopefully it's a yes.  I've heard that those who have gotten emails say the "visa has been processed" email doesn't tell you whether it's approved or not either.

Best advice I can offer is checking the UPS site for movement.  Good Luck
Married March 2007

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2016, 03:49:05 PM »
Do any of you know the working hours for Sheffield? I'm guessing they aren't bound to the same rules as other parts of gov't.
Married March 2007

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2016, 04:01:55 PM »
As far as I know, they're the standard 9-5, Mon to Fri (or maybe Mon-Sat), but I'm not sure if this is stated anywhere in particular.

At least the premium service centre (for in-country same-day premium applications) located in the same building is open for appointments 8am-5pm Mon to Sat,and 8am-8pm on Wed.

Sent from my iPod using Tapatalk

• Liked: 35
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2016, 05:21:59 PM »
They're open Mon-Fri 9-445

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2016, 06:22:01 PM »
During peak times they work Saturdays.  We've had a few members get surprise emails on a Saturday from time to time.

Try to keep busy and not stress over the emails.  If you supplies all the documents, you will get your visa.  It's definitely a different process now than it was the first time around for you.  It sucks.  Try to enjoy your last few weeks in the US.  Have margarita for me.  Mmmmmmm, margaritas....

• Liked: 8
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2016, 06:45:00 PM »
I am glad I read this post. I was just about to start one about the same thing. I did priority service and sheffield got my documents on July 22. Not terribly long ago but I did priority service and I've read about people getting emails to at least say they are working on it.

So I will go back to trying to not stress out ! Good luck to all who are waiting. :)
Met online 11/17/14
First met in person - he came to Florida! 1/17/15
First uk visit 4/13/15
His second US visit 9/2015
My second uk visit 1/15/2016
Married on his third trip to US 6/10/16
Mailed docs to Sheffield 7/19/16
Got spouse visa 8/19/2016
Entered UK 12/2/2016

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2016, 06:55:53 PM »
To be honest, most people usually do get the emails - they've been pretty good about sending them to the majority of people in the last couple of years.

However at this time of year, even with priority it can sometimes take up to a couple of weeks to get an email as they have so many applications to get through, and as a couple of people have experienced, sometimes the emails just don't arrive.

Sent from my iPod using Tapatalk

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2016, 12:37:50 AM »
I've actually never had a margarita in my life! I keep saying I want to try one, but never really have a chance as I don't normally drink lol.

I am trying so hard not to obssess, it's easier now that all 4 kids are crammed into the same house with me. I have little time for nothing but them. 😉
 I also have hundreds of rolls of ribbon to take off of spools and roll and pack, I'm actually a little stressed at the idea I may not have enough time! 😂

During peak times they work Saturdays.  We've had a few members get surprise emails on a Saturday from time to time.

Try to keep busy and not stress over the emails.  If you supplies all the documents, you will get your visa.  It's definitely a different process now than it was the first time around for you.  It sucks.  Try to enjoy your last few weeks in the US.  Have margarita for me.  Mmmmmmm, margaritas....
Married March 2007

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab