Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Sick all the time?  (Read 791 times)

• Liked: 13
Sick all the time?
« on: July 27, 2016, 05:22:11 PM »
Has anyone else noticed that they are sick a lot since moving to the UK (or London specifically?) I used to live in southern california and was one of those people who rarely got sick but since moving here, ive felt that my body swiftly fell apart.

My bones got weak (i got a fracture in my foot for no reason and my knees felt like they were going to give)
I put on quite a bit of weight quickly even though i walk alot and eat right.
I have cold seemingly every month
I've gotten pink eye three times (never had it in the US)
Really bad fatigue, like it almost hurts!
Bad stomach problems

Really my vent is that my boss is mad at me for "being sick all the time." But i notice my coworkers and even him sick way more than people i worked with in CA. We talked about it but i dont think he buys that my body is having trouble adjusting to the move.

Has anyone else experienced this?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 05:25:03 PM by Lalala75 »

• Liked: 4985
Re: Sick all the time?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 05:47:47 PM »
Oh yes.  You are starting over in a new place with new germs.  Kind of like being a toddler again.

But yeah, I think bugs tend to be more prevalent here in general.  Likely because we cram more people into small spaces.  Not everyone is hygienic (certainly applies on both sides of the pond).  I don't remember D&V bugs being quite so common back home.

• Britannicaine
  • Liked: 198
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 06:04:58 PM »
You might have a problem with your thyroid. The weight gain, bone weakness, and fatigue can all be thyroid-related. I'd suggest asking your GP to do a blood test. Thyroid disease is something people often ignore because it feels like a bunch of unrelated things, but it's affecting increasing numbers of people and it's very treatable. The frequent colds are likely just the unfamiliar germs. I was sick at least once a month for the first three years I lived here. You'll adjust eventually :).
On s'envolera du même quai
Les yeux dans les mêmes reflets,
Pour cette vie et celle d'après
Tu seras mon unique projet.

Je t'aimais, je t'aime, et je t'aimerai.

--Francis Cabrel

• Liked: 13
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2016, 10:26:56 AM »
thanks both. it's good to know i'm not the only one and that's it's normal. taking various supplements has helped a lot but seeing a nutritionist soon where i will have blood tests, etc so hopefully will get some answers soon. but looks like i'll have to wait it out as well

Sponsored Links