Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: July Non Priority Applicants  (Read 15094 times)

• Liked: 3595
Re: July Non Priority Applicants
« Reply #105 on: August 23, 2016, 10:05:53 PM »
This time of year, for non-priority probably between 2 and 3 months.

Sent from my iPod using Tapatalk

• Liked: 63
« Reply #106 on: August 23, 2016, 10:08:40 PM »
Yes, I was wondering the same thing. What would be a reasonable time period to expect from date of processing to date of decision?

I haven't even received word about processing yet and it's almost been two months for me:( i was just wondering if those of you who did get a processing email also got your decision ones. I'm so frustrated at this point, will I ever get any response at all!?

• Liked: 46
« Reply #107 on: August 24, 2016, 04:44:37 AM »
I haven't even received word about processing yet and it's almost been two months for me:( i was just wondering if those of you who did get a processing email also got your decision ones. I'm so frustrated at this point, will I ever get any response at all!?

I still haven't gotten a decision letter they just didn't have the return courier.  I'm hoping that now they have that we hear back soon.  I'm hoping you get word soon, I'm crossing my fingers for us to get decisions soon!

« Reply #108 on: August 24, 2016, 05:24:41 PM »
I still haven't gotten a decision letter they just didn't have the return courier.  I'm hoping that now they have that we hear back soon.  I'm hoping you get word soon, I'm crossing my fingers for us to get decisions soon!

Thank you, I sure hope so

« Reply #109 on: August 25, 2016, 12:12:13 AM »
They can't keep your passport for more than 12 weeks right? I wish I could get some answers:( sorry for all my whining guys, I'm just so over the waiting....

July Non Priority Applicants
« Reply #110 on: August 25, 2016, 12:46:30 AM »
No, the service standards says they can take up to 24 weeks.

Their standards are:
95% processed in 12 weeks
100% processed in 24 weeks

Usually it doesn't take longer than 12 weeks or so, but it can potentially take up to 24 weeks.

All you can do is be patient.

Sent from my iPod using Tapatalk

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #111 on: August 25, 2016, 08:43:49 AM »
They can't keep your passport for more than 12 weeks right? I wish I could get some answers:( sorry for all my whining guys, I'm just so over the waiting....

When they changed the rules back in 2012, there was such a backlog that it took a couple of members 13 months to get their passports back (in country).  You can imagine the number of weddings, funerals, and family reunions people had to miss.  It was awful.  Unfortunately we are at the mercy of a government agency.  It's not fun.

« Reply #112 on: August 25, 2016, 02:44:27 PM »
When they changed the rules back in 2012, there was such a backlog that it took a couple of members 13 months to get their passports back (in country).  You can imagine the number of weddings, funerals, and family reunions people had to miss.  It was awful.  Unfortunately we are at the mercy of a government agency.  It's not fun.

Are you saying it can take over a year to get my visa processed and passport back?

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #113 on: August 25, 2016, 02:50:25 PM »
Are you saying it can take over a year to get my visa processed and passport back?

No, no!  Just that with UKVI there are no guarantees.  The backlog in 2012/2013 got a lot of press and it was well known that people were in limbo for months on end.  A similar thing happened with replacement BRP's at one point too.  Both processes have been improved and run much smoother now.

But technically, yes, at any point an application could take much longer than anticipated.

You have NO reason to worry.  I imagine you will receive you confirmation email either this week or next.  I hope that puts at ease.   :)

« Reply #114 on: August 25, 2016, 10:28:30 PM »
No, no!  Just that with UKVI there are no guarantees.  The backlog in 2012/2013 got a lot of press and it was well known that people were in limbo for months on end.  A similar thing happened with replacement BRP's at one point too.  Both processes have been improved and run much smoother now.

But technically, yes, at any point an application could take much longer than anticipated.

You have NO reason to worry.  I imagine you will receive you confirmation email either this week or next.  I hope that puts at ease.   :)

Lol, not really but I appreciate you trying:). I kinda give up for now

« Reply #115 on: August 26, 2016, 05:50:56 AM »
Lol, not really but I appreciate you trying:). I kinda give up for now

I'm a little confused why you're giving up - your situation is no different from anyone else who applies in the summer and you're only 2 months in, when you know that this time of year it can take 3 months or possibly longer.

Now if you had been waiting for 4 or 5 months with no word (or if you had no proof that your package arrived in Sheffield), then I could understand the worry, but right now you are well within normal processing times, so there's nothing to be concerned about at the moment (and not getting the emails is not a reason to worry as we know this happens sometimes).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #116 on: August 26, 2016, 05:57:31 PM »
I'm a little confused why you're giving up - your situation is no different from anyone else who applies in the summer and you're only 2 months in, when you know that this time of year it can take 3 months or possibly longer.

Now if you had been waiting for 4 or 5 months with no word (or if you had no proof that your package arrived in Sheffield), then I could understand the worry, but right now you are well within normal processing times, so there's nothing to be concerned about at the moment (and not getting the emails is not a reason to worry as we know this happens sometimes).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's more I give up on an email coming my way, not the process itself

« Reply #117 on: August 28, 2016, 11:10:14 PM »
Here's hoping September brings all of us some good news. I discovered that my file hasn't even been opened yet:( but hoping they'll get a move on as they have one more month to meet their 12 week deadline....

« Reply #118 on: August 28, 2016, 11:22:56 PM »
Here's hoping September brings all of us some good news. I discovered that my file hasn't even been opened yet:( but hoping they'll get a move on as they have one more month to meet their 12 week deadline....

Quick question: how do you know they haven't even opened it yet?

If you contacted them via the link on the website, just be aware they are just a random call centre nowhere near Sheffield and don't have access to your application details. All they can do is look up your application number on their computer system and see if it says anything about it (which I think either is that it has been processed or it hasn't).

They don't often have accurate information and have in the past told someone that their application had been processed and was on its way back to them, when it turned out it hadn't even been looked at yet.

« Reply #119 on: August 28, 2016, 11:28:39 PM »
Quick question: how do you know they haven't even opened it yet?

If you contacted them via the link on the website, just be aware they are just a random call centre nowhere near Sheffield and don't have access to your application details. All they can do is look up your application number on their computer system and see if it says anything about it (which I think either is that it has been processed or it hasn't).

They don't often have accurate information and have in the past told someone that their application had been processed and was on its way back to them, when it turned out it hadn't even been looked at yet.

I called them...is calling just as useless? They took all my information and said there are no updates which means no one has opened it yet...

Sponsored Links