Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: July Non Priority Applicants  (Read 15097 times)

• Liked: 13
Re: July Non Priority Applicants
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2016, 03:21:36 AM »
My application was submitted the end of June and package received in Sheffield on July 8th with no word either :( I wish they would confirm receipt of the documents so there was a slight peace of mind. My job is keeping me so far knowing at some point I will be putting in my notice but I feel like they think I am making this crazy timing all up!  I also have to sell my car, etc before moving but can't until I get a decision.  When everyone is saying 12 weeks is that including weekends or is that "working" days that the gov website refers to.
Beth
Married in MD - May 14, 2016
Application Submitted - June 28, 2016
Biometrics - July 1, 2016
File received in Sheffield - July 8, 2016
Confirmation email - August 13, 2016

• Liked: 63
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2016, 04:34:30 AM »
I mailed my application in on the 1st of July. It was received the 4th of July.  No word yet.  Waiting is the absolute worse.  We got a lawyer and she's messed so much up.  She keeps saying it'll be 30 days.  I sold my car, put in my notice for my job so am done on the 15th ( cause I've been able to extend it a bit). But then I found this website and it sounds like non priority is an automatic 12 weeks during the summer, which sucks cuz I wanted my son to start the school year in September.  I'm now having to re enroll him into his old school for all of a month or two.  Hopefully it doesn't come to that but I'm guessing it is

Wow, are you serious? I'm really sorry to hear that....I know how u feel and it sux:( when will we ever know what's going on....they shud at least give us a realistic update instead of the same old generic replies....it's so frustrating and agonizing having your life in limbo....wish I had done priority

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2016, 06:26:19 AM »
When we say 12 weeks we mean 60 working days (12 x 5 working days). It's not an automatic 12 weeks in the summer as processing times always vary but we're just going by how long it took last summer.

At the moment it looks like priority applications that were received in Sheffield between the end of June and 4th July are just being issued this week.

It we don't know the exact non-priority time at the moment because it hasn't been long enough to determine a pattern (i.e. people are still waiting), but we do know that:
- generally non-priority takes at least twice as long as priority
- we still have people who applied in April/May who are waiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2016, 02:15:03 PM »
When we say 12 weeks we mean 60 working days (12 x 5 working days). It's not an automatic 12 weeks in the summer as processing times always vary but we're just going by how long it took last summer.

At the moment it looks like priority applications that were received in Sheffield between the end of June and 4th July are just being issued this week.

It we don't know the exact non-priority time at the moment because it hasn't been long enough to determine a pattern (i.e. people are still waiting), but we do know that:

If non priorities in April and May still haven't heard anything then even the 12 weeks isn't accurate is it? You can imagine how those of us who submitted in July feel super defeated at this point.

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2016, 02:41:56 PM »
If non priorities in April and May still haven't heard anything then even the 12 weeks isn't accurate is it? You can imagine how those of us who submitted in July feel super defeated at this point.

Why do you feel defeated? You're only at 18 working days from your documents being received in Sheffield at the moment, and not even priority applications are being processed that quickly at the moment. As a non-priority applicant at the busiest time of year, you generally want to allow for around 3 months processing as standard.

The UKVI service standards processing time is as follows:

Customers applying for settlement from outside the UK.    
- 95% of settlement applications within 12 weeks of the application date
- 100% within 24 weeks of the application date
(where 1 week is 5 working days)

(https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/uk-visas-and-immigration/about/about-our-services)

Looking at the current published processing times, 12 weeks was the longest it took for applications decided in June 2016, which means they were faster than their service standards in June, but in other months it can take up to 90 days or even 120 days. It just depends on the specific applications they are processing that month.

With a previous visa refusal or refused entry, it can take a couple of weeks longer than normal, as they have to look into the reason for refusal and make sure it no longer applies, which means looking at your documents in more detail and spending more time processing the application.

So, with the fact that this is the busiest time of year, the application is non-priority and you have a previous refused entry, I would allow for least 12 weeks for your application to be processed.

If it's done faster, then that's great, but I would be prepared for it to take that long, just in case.

One question though: did your lawyer submit the application for you, or did you submit it yourself? In some cases where a lawyer submits the visa application, emails from Sheffield may be sent to the lawyer and not to the applicant.

« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2016, 02:49:02 PM »
Why do you feel defeated? You're only at 18 working days from your documents being received in Sheffield at the moment, and not even priority applications are being processed that quickly at the moment. As a non-priority applicant at the busiest time of year, you generally want to allow for around 3 months processing as standard.

The UKVI service standards processing time is as follows:

Customers applying for settlement from outside the UK.    
- 95% of settlement applications within 12 weeks of the application date
- 100% within 24 weeks of the application date
(where 1 week is 5 working days)

(https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/uk-visas-and-immigration/about/about-our-services)

Looking at the current published processing times, 12 weeks was the longest it took for applications decided in June 2016, which means they were faster than their service standards in June, but in other months it can take up to 90 days or even 120 days. It just depends on the specific applications they are processing that month.

With a previous visa refusal or refused entry, it can take a couple of weeks longer than normal, as they have to look into the reason for refusal and make sure it no longer applies, which means looking at your documents in more detail and spending more time processing the application.

So, with the fact that this is the busiest time of year, the application is non-priority and you have a previous refused entry, I would allow for least 12 weeks for your application to be processed.

If it's done faster, then that's great, but I would be prepared for it to take that long, just in case.

One question though: did your lawyer submit the application for you, or did you submit it yourself? In some cases where a lawyer submits the visa application, emails from Sheffield may be sent to the lawyer and not to the applicant.

Thanks for all that info, really appreciate it. My husband and I submitted it, though our first page on our packet was a cover letter from our lawyer. I do get the timeline thing, i guess overall is what i meant....it's been a long road overall and I guess at this point, i would just like to know. Anyway i wish everyone the best of luck here, please keep us all posted if any non priorities here something back.

• Liked: 537
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2016, 03:01:18 PM »
Thanks for all that info, really appreciate it. My husband and I submitted it, though our first page on our packet was a cover letter from our lawyer. I do get the timeline thing, i guess overall is what i meant....it's been a long road overall and I guess at this point, i would just like to know. Anyway i wish everyone the best of luck here, please keep us all posted if any non priorities here something back.

All of us American who post regularly here at UK Yankee have gone through the visa process, so we all know how you feel. The visa process is an arduous one, which at least is a LOT shorter than trying to bring your Brit into the US. Having to apply is such a nerve wracking thing and we all feel like you do while we wait.

Distraction is the best way to handle things. Dwelling/focussing on the wait just makes you feel bad.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 2
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2016, 05:08:26 PM »
Well I got the email!!!!  :) :D ;D It was 12 weeks to the day, but I hope for you it does not take that long. 

Now, the email only says a decision has been made, but not which...time for more waiting and investigating.

• Liked: 537
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2016, 05:16:55 PM »
Well I got the email!!!!  :) :D ;D It was 12 weeks to the day, but I hope for you it does not take that long. 

Now, the email only says a decision has been made, but not which...time for more waiting and investigating.

The emails used to tell you, but they haven't since 2014.

Either way, glad to hear you've gotten your email and know it will be on it's way back to you! Finger's crossed for you that it's approved!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 05:18:22 PM by lyonaria »
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2016, 05:20:09 PM »

Fabulous!! You're almost there! ;D

« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2016, 05:30:09 PM »

I'm so happy for you! I'm really glad you finally got it. It'll be approved, don't worry! Plz let me know:) keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2016, 05:34:09 PM »

Also, you recieved an email that they got it back in May right? We didn't get any acknowledgement email yet either....not sure what that means

« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2016, 05:49:35 PM »
We didn't get any acknowledgement email yet either....not sure what that means

It doesn't mean anything bad, so don't read anything into it.

It just means that either:

- they forgot to send it
or
- they haven't got to your application to log it into the system yet

At least two people who got their visas in the last week didn't receive a single email from UKVI. It happens sometimes. Doesn't mean your application won't be processed - as long as you know it arrived in Sheffield, it will be processed.

« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2016, 06:55:16 PM »
It doesn't mean anything bad, so don't read anything into it.

It just means that either:

- they forgot to send it
or
- they haven't got to your application to log it into the system yet

At least two people who got their visas in the last week didn't receive a single email from UKVI. It happens sometimes. Doesn't mean your application won't be processed - as long as you know it arrived in Sheffield, it will be processed.

Thanks for the reassurnace:)

• Liked: 13
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2016, 09:54:23 PM »

Thank you for the clarification.  The whole process is such an unknown!  My husband and I thought it wouldn't be any different than when we were dating/engaged from a distance but much harder when you are married!  I am trying to not anxiously count the days and be patient but what makes it worse is when people are constantly coming up to you and asking if you have heard anything yet.  I am about ready to wear a sign around my neck! :)
Married in MD - May 14, 2016
Application Submitted - June 28, 2016
Biometrics - July 1, 2016
File received in Sheffield - July 8, 2016
Confirmation email - August 13, 2016

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab