Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: July Non Priority Applicants  (Read 15100 times)

• Liked: 537
Re: July Non Priority Applicants
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2016, 09:27:47 AM »
Thank you for the clarification.  The whole process is such an unknown!  My husband and I thought it wouldn't be any different than when we were dating/engaged from a distance but much harder when you are married!  I am trying to not anxiously count the days and be patient but what makes it worse is when people are constantly coming up to you and asking if you have heard anything yet.  I am about ready to wear a sign around my neck! :)

My suggestion, post something on Facebook to the effect of, 'We haven't heard anything yet and it's going to be a long wait where I don't get any information, I'll share as soon as I know something.' It cut down people asking me. That and tell the same thing to your gossipy friends/family so you don't have to tell everyone! Haha.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 4
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2016, 02:30:26 PM »
curious if anyone has had any updates on July non-priority applications?
Application submitted: June 20th
Biometrics: June 27th
Package in Sheffield: July 4th

• Liked: 46
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2016, 03:20:20 PM »

None here still anxiously waiting!

• Liked: 13
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2016, 03:49:41 PM »

Nothing here either.  My package was received on July 8th so officially one month in.  I'm anticipating on not hearing anything until October.
Married in MD - May 14, 2016
Application Submitted - June 28, 2016
Biometrics - July 1, 2016
File received in Sheffield - July 8, 2016
Confirmation email - August 13, 2016

• Liked: 63
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2016, 03:57:33 PM »
Nothing yet either:( but hoping it's sooner than October....one month in so far

« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2016, 04:09:34 PM »
Hey guys, do u think they'll get to our July non priority apps by end of this month maybe?  Also did the rest of you guys also NOT receive any emails saying they got your stuff?

• Liked: 4
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2016, 04:13:54 PM »
I have not received an email either. I hope to hear by the end of this month as we hope to travel mid September. “We never live; we are always in the expectation of living (or of hearing back from Sheffield).”
Application submitted: June 20th
Biometrics: June 27th
Package in Sheffield: July 4th

« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2016, 04:16:18 PM »
I have not received an email either. I hope to hear by the end of this month as we hope to travel mid September. “We never live; we are always in the expectation of living (or of hearing back from Sheffield).”

Likewise.....i guess all we can do is remain hopeful and not give up and of course be patient, which is a struggle everyday

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2016, 04:18:10 PM »
Hey guys, do u think they'll get to our July non priority apps by end of this month maybe?  Also did the rest of you guys also NOT receive any emails saying they got your stuff?

Honestly, it's impossible for us to predict.  This time last year, non-priority was taking anywhere from 8-14 weeks.  Could be better this year, could be worse.  It's not a transparent process so difficult to say.

They are usually quite good about the emails, but there have been two cases in the last month of people not getting an email.  So, it's hard to say about that as well.  I think it's LIKELY you'll receive an email.  Just not guaranteed.

• Liked: 26
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2016, 07:18:39 PM »
I finally got an email

"Your online application has been received in Sheffield, UK.  Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer."

So, my application was received in Sheffield June 20th. Non Priority. Got that above email today, August 10th.
LTE received: 21 October 2016
Arrived in U.K.: 25 October 2016
FLR(m) extension: 1 June 2019
ILR 2022

« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2016, 08:58:21 PM »
I finally got an email

"Your online application has been received in Sheffield, UK.  Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer."

So, my application was received in Sheffield June 20th. Non Priority. Got that above email today, August 10th.

Thank you for letting us know. Please keep us posted as to when you get your decision email.

• Liked: 46
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2016, 10:28:41 PM »
Yes keep us posted!  Mine was received the 4th but I've also got my son with me and my husband owns his own company and has crazy financials.  I'm sure mine will take ages!  But at least this gives me some hope that July non priorities are being looked at!

« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2016, 11:01:33 PM »
So looks like about a 50 day turn around time for July non priorities to receive the acknowledgement email.....

• Liked: 6
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2016, 05:11:45 AM »
Just curious, when does this summer rush everyone mentions die down? For instance will the August submissions typically be processed faster than Julys and then September even faster than August?

We haven't even submitted the Visa yet and we were hoping for a late September approval, but it seems from reading this that a November approval maybe more likely.
Met Husband: November 1st, 2014 (UK)
Married: July 29th, 2016 (USA)
Biometrics: August 19th, 2016
Visa Arrived In Sheffield: August 24th, 2016
Confirmation of Documents Received E-Mail: September 16th, 2016

Not so patiently waiting approval :)
(PRIORITY APPLICATION)

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2016, 08:47:27 AM »
Each year we see everyone suddenly get their visas within about two weeks of each other, whether they applied in June or September.   :o  All of a sudden everything will catch up and start moving okay towards mid/end of September.  October will likely have much more reasonable processing times.  Not a guarantee, just what has happened in the last few years.  Though it took longer for things to slow down this year (May/June were processed much quicker than last year), so maybe not as many applications.  Would make sense as the UK is not a great place for immigrants at the moment.

Sponsored Links