Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Iowa to England  (Read 628 times)

• Liked: 46
Iowa to England
« on: August 08, 2016, 01:16:07 AM »
Hi everyone!
I'm from Iowa.  Lived here all my life.  I met my now husband online and after over 3 years we married in Savannah Georgia:)
I'm currently waiting on my marriage visa to relocate.  He's currently in Ipswich but I think once we move over we will relocate to Norwich.  I have a 7 year old son who is coming with me.  I've been trying to read everything I can to prepare myself.  I'm very excited but nervous. 

• Liked: 6110
Re: Iowa to England
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2016, 02:50:03 AM »
Hi everyone!
I'm from Iowa.  Lived here all my life.  I met my now husband online and after over 3 years we married in Savannah Georgia:)
I'm currently waiting on my marriage visa to relocate.  He's currently in Ipswich but I think once we move over we will relocate to Norwich.  I have a 7 year old son who is coming with me.  I've been trying to read everything I can to prepare myself.  I'm very excited but nervous.

Hi Airadele08, welcome to the forum!  :)

I saw from your previous posts that you're not happy with your lawyer. I hope that in fact she had you apply for the correct visa?

The marriage (settlement) visa is actually the fiancee visa and it's for those who want to marry in the UK and live there afterwards. (As opposed to the marriage visitor visa, for those who wish only to marry in the UK and will be living elsewhere after.)

Because you are already married, the correct visa for you is the spouse visa (selecting settlement, settlement, wife from the menu.)

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2016, 03:24:53 PM »
Well I hope so too.  She filed everything in England with my husband. I just did my biometrics here and one morning they called via Skype and asked lots of questions. 

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2016, 03:31:22 PM »
Well I hope so too.  She filed everything in England with my husband. I just did my biometrics here and one morning they called via Skype and asked lots of questions.

Did you pay the Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS)? If so, you are OK.  :)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 03:33:08 PM by larrabee »

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2016, 06:45:44 PM »
Yes we did😊

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2016, 06:58:22 PM »

Sponsored Links