Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: It's beginning to look a lot like...Christmas?  (Read 1095 times)

• Liked: 537
Re: It's beginning to look a lot like...Christmas?
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2016, 11:47:07 AM »
Our five year old is still singing jingle bells batman smells lol and asks about Christmas all the time. I feel like it never went away.
I used to do that too...and I was an adult. Though my tune of choice was Let it snow! Or Winter Wonderland...
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Island Life (without the palm trees)
  • Liked: 20
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2016, 03:03:12 PM »
Ugh yesssss I hate British Christmas songs. Though I wonder how much of it is because I didn't grow up with them, and if I was hearing American Christmas songs (the non-traditional ones) for the first time I'd think they were just as bad.

A friend on Facebook just posted that she saw a family buying a huge pre-lit Christmas tree, and I saw the Christmas movies on Channel 5 too!

I'm a HUUUUUGE fan of Christmas but not until at least November! I understand it starting a little earlier here since there's no Thanksgiving here to kick things off, but yeah - August is WAY too early.

Last year we went home for the holidays, but this year we'll have a new baby so we'll be staying here (unless someone knows of a way to get a passport and visa in less than a month!). I'm hoping I won't be as sad and mopey as I was our first year here - we have a car now so we'll be able to go to all the festivities, and our son is old enough to get excited about it too so I'm hopeful.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2016, 02:58:44 PM »
Last year we went home for the holidays, but this year we'll have a new baby so we'll be staying here (unless someone knows of a way to get a passport and visa in less than a month!). I'm hoping I won't be as sad and mopey as I was our first year here - we have a car now so we'll be able to go to all the festivities, and our son is old enough to get excited about it too so I'm hopeful.

You can do same day passport for a baby at the US embassy if you have travel booked.  Just have to send it in for a full passport within a year.  You can leave there and then with it.

You can also do same day visa (though the BRP takes a couple of extra days to arrive) for the bargain price of £500 extra (sense the sarcasm  ::)).

So yes, you *could* travel for Christmas if you really really wanted to.  I personally would vote for a quiet Christmas at home though.  You'll likely still be in the my-newborn-doesn't-sleep fog.

Sponsored Links