Huh?? Where did that come from?
Meaning I have an antibacterial spray to clean out scrapes

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 149
Re: neosporin
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2016, 06:25:37 PM »
Meaning I have an antibacterial spray to clean out scrapes

No......I get that.....are you still in the US? I still have a few old tubes of antibac here.....but they are getting pretty old. They don't sell that stuff over here......that I know of. Which.....I might add......I agree with. The US is really "anti-germ"......to their detriment.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 06:26:42 PM by F4mandolin »
Fred

• Liked: 82
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2016, 06:28:56 PM »
No......I get that.....are you still in the US? I still have a few old tubes of antibac here.....but they are getting pretty old. They don't sell that stuff over here......that I know of. Which.....I might add......I agree with. The US is really "anti-germ"......to their detriment.
No, I've been in England 3 years now. Sadly used up all my neosporin. The creams here are ok for me...I just have to keep reapplying, and wanted something waterproof, like neosporin ointment for holiday

• Liked: 537
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2016, 06:44:58 PM »
Thanks everyone. We are going on holiday in a week and a half, and with a 14 month old who runs everywhere, I just wanted to be prepared in case she fell. Mainly just wanted a waterproof ointment that would keep the sea water from burning if she did fall over. I'll pack the lanolin ointment and Vaseline just in case. I do have an anti bacterial spray. X

Have you tried a cetrimide antiseptic cream?

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=255351648

It has paraffin in it, so it might create enough of a barrier to keep salt water out and it's not an expensive cream. We just have the generic Tesco brand. I can't remember why we bought it... I think I'd burned myself on the oven... My husband has used it on a dog bite (not our dog) and a skin issue he was having from his Crohn's disease.

It lists that's its good for diaper rash, so I assume it stays put pretty well.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2016, 06:57:43 PM »
I'm in the US right now and fly home on Thursday (arriving into Manchester Friday morning) - I could try getting some neosporin for you and bringing it back.

Sent from my iPod using Tapatalk

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2016, 07:04:17 PM »
I'm in the US right now and fly home on Thursday (arriving into Manchester Friday morning) - I could try getting some neosporin for you and bringing it back.

Oh yay l that would be fab. Don't go out of your way though x

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2016, 07:06:27 PM »
Have you tried a cetrimide antiseptic cream?

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=255351648

It has paraffin in it, so it might create enough of a barrier to keep salt water out and it's not an expensive cream. We just have the generic Tesco brand. I can't remember why we bought it... I think I'd burned myself on the oven... My husband has used it on a dog bite (not our dog) and a skin issue he was having from his Crohn's disease.

It lists that's its good for diaper rash, so I assume it stays put pretty well.
Haven't tried it, will have a look when we are through the 3 different tubes of antiseptic creams.

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2016, 07:21:57 PM »
I'll see what I can do - I need to go to Target anyway :).

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2016, 07:51:00 PM »
Okay, just been to Target - I've got some of the Neosporin ointment for you... Hope that's okay :)

« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2016, 08:36:51 PM »
That's amazing. Thank you. Just private massage me you PayPal so I can pay you x

• Island Life (without the palm trees)
  • Liked: 20
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2016, 02:23:03 PM »
Ah my son is almost three, and has a patch of eczema on his arm (and now another rash on his upper back/neck, the poor kid has my sensitive skin). I used to use hydrocortisone like lotion back in the states since I am a magnet for mosquitos and never had any problems with thinning skin, but I'm being very judicious with my son! Which is hard because this is a very stubborn rash... though taking him to a chlorine-filled pool was probably not the best idea. :/

• Liked: 537
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2016, 02:33:53 PM »
Ah my son is almost three, and has a patch of eczema on his arm (and now another rash on his upper back/neck, the poor kid has my sensitive skin). I used to use hydrocortisone like lotion back in the states since I am a magnet for mosquitos and never had any problems with thinning skin, but I'm being very judicious with my son! Which is hard because this is a very stubborn rash... though taking him to a chlorine-filled pool was probably not the best idea. :/

I'm sure you've tried a lot of things for it, but have you tried Aquaphor?

I get small patches of eczema that grow and spread if left alone and I have really dry, sensitive skin that's prone to itching. I'm really sensitive to alcohols in lotions, they sting and make me itch more.

When I got a tattoo my artist used Aquaphor on them. It locks in moisture and it's a barrier to outside irritants. I used it on my super dry, scaly, itchy patches and it really helped them and they healed quickly. You can get it over here too.  You'd find it in the baby aisle back in the States. I can't remember if I've seen it in stores or not, but you can order it online.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Island Life (without the palm trees)
  • Liked: 20
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2016, 01:54:40 PM »
I use Aquaphor lip balm because it's one of the few I don't have a reaction to, but sadly haven't found it over here. I didn't think about using their lotion though! I did get a massive tub of lotion from the GP for my son so I think I'll be set for awhile - but I will remember the Aquaphor, thanks!

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2016, 02:20:21 PM »
Sudacreme is pretty amazing for me for eczema, rashes, surface wounds, cuts, etc.  I have a nice big tub and for any dodgy skin ailment I have I put it on and bob's your uncle. 
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab