Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Lots of Questions - Kids 8 and 10 1/2  (Read 6189 times)

• Liked: 15
Re: Lots of Questions - Kids 8 and 10 1/2
« Reply #60 on: September 06, 2016, 10:00:58 PM »
Oh there is deprivation in Edinburgh - I was in a bar last week and some people were drinking Presecco instead of real champagne.  I was so moved I sent over 2 dozen oysters.

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #61 on: September 07, 2016, 11:42:00 AM »
Oh there is deprivation in Edinburgh - I was in a bar last week and some people were drinking Presecco instead of real champagne.  I was so moved I sent over 2 dozen oysters.

It's the same in Twickenham.  I was in Waitrose the other day and I heard a child asking if Lego has a silent "T" at the end, like Merlot.   I thought people like that were supposed to shop in Sainsbury's.

• Liked: 533
« Reply #62 on: September 07, 2016, 12:03:28 PM »
It's the same in Twickenham.  I was in Waitrose the other day and I heard a child asking if Lego has a silent "T" at the end, like Merlot.   I thought people like that were supposed to shop in Sainsbury's.

This would be funny...but these sorts of things are why they stopped serving free coffees.
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

• Liked: 537
« Reply #63 on: September 07, 2016, 12:39:20 PM »

I was under the impression that those were the kind of people who shop at Waitrose and M&S as they are more expensive stores...

Sainsbury's, Tesco and Morrisons seem to battle it out over who has the lowest prices. Of the three I would say Tesco was the more upscale.

The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #64 on: September 07, 2016, 12:44:29 PM »
This would be funny...but these sorts of things are why they stopped serving free coffees.

Like I would drink the swill that comes out of those bean to cup machines.  Harris and Hoole is just down the street.

Sponsored Links