Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Settlement visa refusal  (Read 886 times)

• Liked: 0
Settlement visa refusal
« on: August 22, 2016, 12:58:30 PM »
Good morning
my husband has been refused entry clearance on the grounds that we did not submit appendix 2 vaf 4a(2013) financial requirement form.
When he submitted his application to the VAC officer on the 20th june they stated we needed the appendix form also and told hime to send it to the sheffiled office with in 7 days so it would go with the rest of the application. We sent it along with supporting documents on the 22nd. We had paid to have it expedited. We then received the refusal latter.
We have an automated email stating the appendix was received. We have tried to call to speak with an actual person but this has proved unsuccessful.
I am British and my husband is Jamaican. We have 2 sons who are British. I am due to start my new job as a nurse in the north of England at the end of september. We currently live in Bermuda and my last working day is Sepmtember 1st. I need my husband with me to start our new family life. Can anyone help?

• Liked: 4985
Re: Settlement visa refusal
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 01:43:19 PM »
What country is he applying from?

Honestly, what you need to do is reapply providing all the correct documents for the category you are applying under and the appendix 2.  If that was the only reason for refusal, then he should be granted the visa with a fresh application.

Sorry you are going through this.   :-\\\\

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 02:26:35 PM »
Thank you for the reply
We are applying from Bermuda.
Will we have to pay again? We had the Nhs surcharge reimbursed but not the visa fee

• Liked: 537
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 02:50:11 PM »
Thank you for the reply
We are applying from Bermuda.
Will we have to pay again? We had the Nhs surcharge reimbursed but not the visa fee

You will have to pay the visa fee again as your application was processed and it was denied. I had this happen to me, it's not fun but you can reapply.

Did your letter state why his application was denied?
I know we're all assuming it was because the Appendix 2 was sent separately because if you are applying from the US you aren't able to send documents after the application is sent to Sheffield without having them specifically requested. The application process is slightly different depending on what country you are applying from.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2016, 03:11:58 PM »
Thanks
Yes the letter clearly states that we met all criteria except the financial one which is the form we sent but they say they did not receive if it turns out to be their clerical error is there still no wY around it, we still have to pay again?

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2016, 03:25:24 PM »
Thanks
Yes the letter clearly states that we met all criteria except the financial one which is the form we sent but they say they did not receive if it turns out to be their clerical error is there still no wY around it, we still have to pay again?

The form you didn't send is not the financial requirements, it's the second half of the application form - which includes how you meet ALL the requirements (accommodation, relationship and finances). Your application cannot be processed without it because the online application is generic and does not cover the spousal visa requirements.

In order to meet the financial requirement, you have to send very specific evidence relating to the exact category you are applying under (as indicated on Appendix 2). If even one document is missing, the visa will be refused (i.e. one bank statement).

Which financial requirement category did you apply under?

Did you send every single required financial document for that category, meeting the specifications as laid out in Appendix FM 1.7 and Appendix FM-SE?

If you are starting a new job in the UK in September, then I'm guessing you applied under category B, with the sponsor returning from overseas?

For that you would need to have sent:

- your official job offer letter and/or signed job contract
- 12 months of original payslips showing you have earned at least £18,600 in the last 12 months
- 12 months of original bank statements showing the deposit of every single payslip

Or if you are currently still employed in Jamaica and have been with your current company for at least 6 months, earning at least £18,600 for all of that time, you could apply under Category A with sponsor returning from overseas.

Can you post the exact wording of your refusal letter? Sometimes you have to read between the lines a bit to work out the exact reason for the refusal

Sponsored Links