Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Spousal Visa  (Read 1004 times)

• Liked: 8
Spousal Visa
« on: August 23, 2016, 08:26:38 PM »
Hey Im new to post here. We have had a few issues prior to applying for my spousal visa but thats another long story. 

We ended up hiring a solicitor to help us and he used an email address for me at his firm.  We mailed the application to Sheffield on August 11 priority.  We haven't received an email from them yet saying it was received but we do know they received it bc of the tracking number.  We asked our solicitor again if an email had been received and he said no but would contact someone at the office that he knows.  We have been told it is still with the case manager.  Does that mean it has yet to be assigned a specific worker or that a specific case worker has it already?

I know it hasnt been a long time but i know yall understand my anxiety level being crazy high. 

Thanks for any help!
Married: June 25, 2016
Application received in Sheffield: August 11, 2016

• Liked: 4985
Re: Spousal Visa
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 09:07:28 PM »
Priority is taking about a month to process at the moment.  And about 2-3 weeks to get the 'application received' email.  Sit tight.  You know it's there.  It WILL be processed.   :)

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 09:16:28 PM »
Priority is taking about a month to process at the moment.  And about 2-3 weeks to get the 'application received' email.  Sit tight.  You know it's there.  It WILL be processed.   :)
Thanks.  Does the month processing start from the time you get the email or from the time it was received? 

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2016, 09:13:34 AM »
When it was received.   :)

• Liked: 35
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2016, 10:46:09 AM »
Hi LKK

I sent my parcel via UPS on 29 July & was received on 1 July.  I paid for priority marriage settlement; didn't get any emails from Sheffield.  Began haunting UPS tracking & on 21 July it showed movement.  Parcel arrived back to me on 25 July.  On 25 July I got an email from Sheffield saying a decision had been made.  Parcel arrived at 1230pm----email arrived at 130pm.

Don't stress too much if you don't get an email; keep a watch on UPS tracking.  Good Luck.

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2016, 02:42:57 PM »
Thank yall!  I really appreciate all the feedback!   :) :)

• Liked: 2
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2016, 07:07:25 PM »
Hi all!

I am new to this board.  And I appreciate your feedback.

I married a Brit in May in Jamaica.  I came back to the US directly from Jamaica to submit my spouse visa application.  I submitted and the UPS tracking says  they received it on August 1.  And we are waiting. Do you think it will take the entire 60 days to process? I noticed someone commented that priority applications were taking a month. We didn't do priority.  Any words of encouragement or facts about the process would be appreciated. This is horrendous.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2016, 07:21:52 PM »
Hi all!

I am new to this board.  And I appreciate your feedback.

I married a Brit in May in Jamaica.  I came back to the US directly from Jamaica to submit my spouse visa application.  I submitted and the UPS tracking says  they received it on August 1.  And we are waiting. Do you think it will take the entire 60 days to process? I noticed someone commented that priority applications were taking a month. We didn't do priority.  Any words of encouragement or facts about the process would be appreciated. This is horrendous.

Over the summer it has been taking around 2-3 months for non-priority applications but we are hopefully now past the worst of the busy period. They usually get caught a bit around September.

• Liked: 2
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2016, 07:25:03 PM »
Over the summer it has been taking around 2-3 months for non-priority applications but we are hopefully now past the worst of the busy period. They usually get caught a bit around September.

Thanks for the info!

Sponsored Links