Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Mother visiting daughter in UK on spousal visa?  (Read 628 times)

• Liked: 0
Mother visiting daughter in UK on spousal visa?
« on: September 02, 2016, 10:57:16 PM »
Hello! I am a America citizen living in the Uk on a spousal visa have been here for a year now. I was wondering if you knew what had to be done in order for my mother to come over and visit and stay with us for a few months as I know that tourists can stay up to 3 months without a visa and this is what she was wanting to do? I just would like to know if anything special needs to be said to immigration officers upon entering the UK or if saying she has come to visit friends and family for a couple months would be OK to say? Please help!? Thank you

• Liked: 342
Re: Mother visiting daughter in UK on spousal visa?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2016, 07:47:25 PM »
Hello! I am a America citizen living in the Uk on a spousal visa have been here for a year now. I was wondering if you knew what had to be done in order for my mother to come over and visit and stay with us for a few months as I know that tourists can stay up to 3 months without a visa and this is what she was wanting to do? I just would like to know if anything special needs to be said to immigration officers upon entering the UK or if saying she has come to visit friends and family for a couple months would be OK to say? Please help!? Thank you

Apologies for us missing your post.

It's up to 6 months. The up to 3 months is for those who enter the UK from the Republic of Ireland (known as the Common Travel Area) and for EEA citizens.

If you ask this question on the Visa forum, I'm sure ksand or someone else will tell you exactly what your mother needs to do.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 07:52:49 PM by Sirius »

• Liked: 12
Re: Mother visiting daughter in UK on spousal visa?
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2016, 05:22:01 PM »
Yes, she could be allowed in for six months (although it's up to the immigration officer).  She just tells them she's coming to visit you and has a return flight booked for such and such a date.  To be fully prepared she could show she has a home and/or job to return to -- but they may never ask.
>^.^<
Married and moved to UK 1974
Returned to US 1995
Irish citizenship June 2009
    Irish passport September 2009 
Retirement July 2012
Leeds in 2013!
ILR (Long Residence) 22 March 2016

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab