Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: June - non-priority Spouse Visa  (Read 11044 times)

• Liked: 10
June - non-priority Spouse Visa
« on: September 03, 2016, 02:53:28 PM »
Hi

Great forum - wish I'd found it earlier and gone for the priority fee, and not made the assumption an application would be reasonably quick.  Lesson learnt.

Has anyone had a application approved from a June submission?  We are now in the 3rd month of waiting so hoping to hear something soon now the rush may be over.

My dates:
Applied and paid online: 05.06.2016
Biometrics in New York: 08.06.2016
Package Received by Sheffield: 22.06.2016
Confirmation received email from Sheffield: 08.08.2016
Decision email: Waiting....

Trying to keep our heads down, get on with things whilst away from each other and know an email will arrive one day...but can't help getting frustrated pretty much daily.

Thanks!

• Liked: 3595
Re: June - non-priority Spouse Visa
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2016, 03:11:44 PM »
Not sure about non-priority applications, but it is completely feasible for a non-priority application from June to still be waiting.

If your documents arrived on 22nd June, you're currently at 51 working days processing time, and in July 2016, they processed 100% of applications in 60 working days... so hopefully you will get a decision soon :).

The processing times that are published on the website are a few weeks out of date though, and are based on the decisions made in that month - so the July statistics are for the decisions made during July (i.e. the people who waited 60 days would have mailed their applications in April or May).

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2016, 03:24:15 PM »
Thanks for the reply KSand24.  Yes - I have w/c 12th September logged as a potential decision.  Fingers crossed.

• Liked: 63
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2016, 04:19:46 PM »
Thanks for the reply KSand24.  Yes - I have w/c 12th September logged as a potential decision.  Fingers crossed.

I hope you find out soon! My day 60 is on Sept 30 so hoping for a decision by then too. Please keep us posted and good luck to all.

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2016, 04:53:46 PM »
Will do.  I know what you're going through...at Christmas this will all be a long time ago.

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2016, 05:48:48 PM »
Will do.  I know what you're going through...at Christmas this will all be a long time ago.

Yes totally! Soon our time waiting will all be a story to tell our kids one day lol or at least that's what I keep telling myself!

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2016, 11:01:21 PM »
Any updates from people in June? My day 60 hit today since documents were delivered to Sheffield. Hoping there might be word by Friday.

• Liked: 26
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2016, 11:49:52 PM »
Our documents arrived on the 20th so a few days before yours and we have not had a decision yet. Any day now hopefully.
LTE received: 21 October 2016
Arrived in U.K.: 25 October 2016
FLR(m) extension: 1 June 2019
ILR 2022

• Liked: 3
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2016, 09:29:30 AM »
Our package was received by Sheffield on June 21st and we got the email on August 11th, so they seem pretty consistent there. Still waiting on the decision email though. :(

I'll try and remember to post here when the email comes through, if they don't forget to send one.

• Liked: 15
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2016, 05:29:45 PM »
Hi everyone,

I've been following some of these threads all summer to get a sense of other people's timelines but haven't felt the need to post until now...I am panicking!

I just was reading a different UK/US settlement forum and a lot of people were saying that they received their non-priority visas within 60 working days of the "we've received your application" email?! I've been counting from the day of my biometrics, and then when it still hadn't arrived I started counting from the day that it was signed for in Sheffield...either way I am well into week 13. I also just landed a job (after searching for a YEAR) in London and although my new managers seem very chill about the waiting-for-the-visa situation, I am so worried that if I can't move to London within a couple of weeks they are going to retract their offer!

Anyways, here my timeline:

13 June: Biometrics taken in Boston
14 June: Mailed to Sheffield
17 June: Signed for in Sheffield
August 4: Confirmation email
September 13: After a couple of email status update requests in which I did SO WELL keeping my tone not snarky and frustrated (my fate is in these people's hands!), they told me that they had "escalated my case," whatever that means.

And now I'm just waiting and going crazy over here!

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2016, 05:40:05 PM »
Hi everyone,

I've been following some of these threads all summer to get a sense of other people's timelines but haven't felt the need to post until now...I am panicking!

I just was reading a different UK/US settlement forum and a lot of people were saying that they received their non-priority visas within 60 working days of the "we've received your application" email?! I've been counting from the day of my biometrics, and then when it still hadn't arrived I started counting from the day that it was signed for in Sheffield...either way I am well into week 13. I also just landed a job (after searching for a YEAR) in London and although my new managers seem very chill about the waiting-for-the-visa situation, I am so worried that if I can't move to London within a couple of weeks they are going to retract their offer!

Anyways, here my timeline:

13 June: Biometrics taken in Boston
14 June: Mailed to Sheffield
17 June: Signed for in Sheffield
August 4: Confirmation email
September 13: After a couple of email status update requests in which I did SO WELL keeping my tone not snarky and frustrated (my fate is in these people's hands!), they told me that they had "escalated my case," whatever that means.

And now I'm just waiting and going crazy over here!

Are you serious? It's 60 days from when you get the confirmation email? Mine was signed for on July 11th but I never even got a confirmation email? :( I don't understand any of this anymore, this is the most horrid type of immigration process ever

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2016, 05:44:32 PM »
I know mev, I've been seeing your posts and feeling awful for you! I am just PRAAAYING that it's not 60 days from the email confirmation...that wouldn't make sense right? It's so mentally unhealthy for us how opaque this process is. And every time I see people guessing about what the process entails it just stresses me out, because how can we ever know?

Let's just go with a post in the July Non-Priority thread where somebody said that, based on a different forum they were reading, it looks like UKVI is starting to work through the May and June applications. I've seen a ton of posts saying that people never received any emails but got their visas anyways, or received emails after they already had their passports back. It'll be ok!!

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2016, 06:37:14 PM »
I know mev, I've been seeing your posts and feeling awful for you! I am just PRAAAYING that it's not 60 days from the email confirmation...that wouldn't make sense right? It's so mentally unhealthy for us how opaque this process is. And every time I see people guessing about what the process entails it just stresses me out, because how can we ever know?

Let's just go with a post in the July Non-Priority thread where somebody said that, based on a different forum they were reading, it looks like UKVI is starting to work through the May and June applications. I've seen a ton of posts saying that people never received any emails but got their visas anyways, or received emails after they already had their passports back. It'll be ok!!

Thanks:) it's definitely super unhealthy for us. They really need to improve this process. Regardless ot what people say about the US process, at least applicants are informed the entire time by an actual humanbeing as to their status! Beyond frustrating, I'm hoping and praying it's ok too. Thank you for your kind words.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2016, 07:28:56 PM »
I wouldn't worry about 60 days from arrival or email.  I believe its arrival.  I could be wrong.

I honestly think the June applicants will receive decisions VERY soon.  And the I bet we start to see all the other approvals happen very quickly afterwards. It's usually this later half of September where they seem to process all the summer backlog in about two weeks!

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2016, 09:04:52 PM »
Thanks for the reassurance KFdancer, I hope you're right! I even looked into getting duplicate passport just so I could go see my husband, but for that you have to have the first passport in hand plus proof that you really NEED to travel (like for work). Oh well.

Sponsored Links