Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: June - non-priority Spouse Visa  (Read 11050 times)

• Liked: 63
Re: June - non-priority Spouse Visa
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2016, 05:00:56 PM »
Right, it kind of makes sense when they are on top of sending the confirmation emails soon after they receive the applications, but it also doesn't because this summer there have been people like mev who never received an email, as well as people who never received any emails but still eventually got their visas approved. I think the caseworker didn't call anybody, you know? We didn't ask him to call the Home Office, we asked him to call Sheffield and find out where my application is, but I bet he just looked at my timeline and was like "eh this reply seems reasonable."   :\\\'(

Agreed. I finally received my confirmation email on sept 20th and my stuff was received on July 11th so I refuse to think it will be 12 weeks from now....that does not make any sense to be honest, especially since one person from early July already got their decision.

• Liked: 15
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2016, 05:07:18 PM »

UKVI is a division of the Home Office, the two terms are often used interchangeably. I am sure he would have called if he told you he did.  :)

Larrabee I'd really like to believe that but what KFDancer said makes more sense to me. When I was waiting for my Tier 4 visa back in 2014 I had done everything right - I applied for my visa the day that King's College sent me the necessary information, and booked a flight to arrive just before the start of international students' orientation. The visa was super delayed and there is no way to get a human on the phone at the UK embassy in NYC. I ended up having to get my Congressman involved. The caseworker was amazing, and there definitely was a special phone number where she could contact the UK embassy directly. Two days after she started on my case the visa arrived, one day before my flight to London. I've asked my husband to email the caseworker back and push a little harder, but I think he thinks it's futile.

P.S. Mev HOORAY! Glad you finally got that email. I have to believe that it's against international law or something to detain someone's passport in a foreign country for that long. I'm sure that's not true. But whatever it takes to retain our sanity ya know?

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2016, 05:22:50 PM »
Larrabee I'd really like to believe that but what KFDancer said makes more sense to me.

What did she say that was different? To me it looks like we are agreeing.

« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2016, 05:27:33 PM »
What did she say that was different? To me it looks like we are agreeing.

Well just that there is a way for MPs and their caseworkers to get in touch with the processing center in Sheffield that is not available to us, and that a good caseworker will utilize that and will push for their constituents' applications to get processed in a more timely manner.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2016, 05:47:27 PM »
And yes, UKVI changes their name every year or two when they "restructure" to reduce immigration.   ;)

Someone else posted a few days ago with a very similar response from their MP.  My guess is that they HAVE contacted Sheffield (Home Office, UKVI, UKBA, whatever their name is this week) and that this is the response being given to MP's right now.

I have ZERO scientific evidence of this, but based on the number of Europeans I work with - EVERYONE I know who qualifies for citizenship now is applying due to Brexit.  I anticipate that UKVI will/are completely overwhelmed with applications now (much like when the spouse rules were changing in 2012) which could have a knock on effect for all other application types.  Again, I just suspect this based on the sheer number of people I know in real life who are making applications.

• Liked: 26
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2016, 06:00:06 PM »
Well, the processing time definitely doesn't start from biometrics, so they got that part right.

We have had some debate over the last couple of days as to whether the processing time starts on the date your application was received or the date you got the email. The email date would make sense as it's when they log it into the system so they can start the count on their end, but since the emails have been taking so long, we've been assuming it's from the date the package arrived.

However, this response from the MP may have just confirmed our fears that the 12 weeks does in fact start from the date the email was received.

Normally, when it's not busy, the email will be sent almost immediately, or maybe within a couple days... So in that case, it's not as relevant which date the processing starts from, as they are only a couple of days apart.

Sent from my iPod using Tapatalk

We had a similar response from our MP.
My questions are:
1. Why did it take 8 weeks to "upload" our application when it was submitted on-line 10 June and got the "we have your application" on 10 August? Most of it is on-line anyway so does it take 8 weeks to scan documents?
2. Our MP's letter from Home Office said "refer to our standards on the link below". That link says "95% done within 12 weeks - 100% in 26 weeks OF THE APPLICATION" - not when it was uploaded!
3. Why are we told by UKVI it's from the biometrics.

So that's 3 versions of the same standard.

On a more positive note: When was the last time on here or any other similar forum that we saw someone waiting 100+ days since their biometrics, so we hope its sooner!

They say patience is a virtue.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 06:01:23 PM by TGUN »

• Liked: 342
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2016, 06:11:13 PM »
I have ZERO scientific evidence of this, but based on the number of Europeans I work with - EVERYONE I know who qualifies for citizenship now is applying due to Brexit.  I anticipate that UKVI will/are completely overwhelmed with applications now (much like when the spouse rules were changing in 2012) which could have a knock on effect for all other application types.  Again, I just suspect this based on the sheer number of people I know in real life who are making applications.

There is evidence to support this on the EEA forums. Many apply for a DCPR before they apply for British citizenship as a/ if they get it wrong and they haven't been living in the UK "continously and lawfully" then they don't lose the BC fee when they are refused and b/ The HO have said that if they present a DCPR with their British citizenship application, then it will be quicker than if they don't and they want their BC asap.

Before 23 June, they were getting their DCPR in two weeks, but now it is 6 months and rising according to the thread they have running.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 06:18:43 PM by Sirius »

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2016, 06:22:31 PM »
3. Why are we told by UKVI it's from the biometrics..

Probably because in most countries it IS from the date of biometrics.

In many countries, you submit your application documents in person at the same time as you do biometrics - therefore UKVI get your documents on the same day and the processing time starts from then.

In the US, it's different and you do the biometrics first, then it's up to you how quickly you mail the documents to Sheffield and when they arrive. UKVI aren't going to include the time it took you to mail your application to them in their processing time calculations... They can only calculate it from the time they receive/log your application in their system.

• Liked: 26
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2016, 06:31:00 PM »
Probably because in most countries it IS from the date of biometrics.

In many countries, you submit your application documents in person at the same time as you do biometrics - therefore UKVI get your documents on the same day and the processing time starts from then.

In the US, it's different and you do the biometrics first, then it's up to you how quickly you mail the documents to Sheffield and when they arrive. UKVI aren't going to include the time it took you to mail your application to them in their processing time calculations... They can only calculate it from the time they receive/log your application in their system.

I get that ksand24.

However, in our case the biometrics were done in US 13 June,certificate posted via DHL to UK sameday, which was then received & posted to Sheffield on 15 June with all other necessary documents and signed for in Sheffield on 16 June.
So that is just 3 days from biometrics to receipt in Sheffield.
A very small time frame under the circumstances I'm sure you will agree.
It was then over 7 weeks before the "we have your application" e-mail.
70 working days tomorrow since they were received.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 06:38:47 PM by TGUN »

• Liked: 59
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2016, 07:15:21 PM »
So, just saw a post from Rachel today in a new thread that gives me hope.

Hers is priority 15 Sept and she received confirmation email only a week later on 22 September.

Looking at Tlandry's timelines, also priority, TLandry didn't get confirmation email until almost 4 weeks later, and that is in August,  the worst month possibly in the Summer period for visas. I wish I knew that before but you live and learn.

I know we are talking non -priority in this thread but if the email confirmation gaps are improving for priority, I have to believe that they are starting to clear the backlog slowly now,  even with non-priority and given Ebarb's recent news on receiving the decision email and Mev's with her confirmation email - at long last!

Ebarb was also about a month behind me so there must be more complications or issues with mine.  I'd like to think that the rest of you on similar timelines will hopefully hear very soon too.

I know we're trying to instill logic into what may be an impossible situation but let's stay positive. I'm saying this to myself more than anyone else, otherwise I think I am going to freak out soon thinking of the worst.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2016, 07:37:15 PM »
I get that ksand24.

However, in our case the biometrics were done in US 13 June,certificate posted via DHL to UK sameday, which was then received & posted to Sheffield on 15 June with all other necessary documents and signed for in Sheffield on 16 June.
So that is just 3 days from biometrics to receipt in Sheffield.
A very small time frame under the circumstances I'm sure you will agree.
It was then over 7 weeks before the "we have your application" e-mail.
70 working days tomorrow since they were received.

I'm not sure what that has to do with your application though. The biometrics date has absolutely nothing to do with the processing time for applications made the US.

Your package could have arrived in Sheffield the day after biometrics or it could have been a month later... Makes no difference to your processing time, as processing doesn't start until after the application has been received in Sheffield.

The only dates that matter are:

- the online application date, as that is the official application date for the purpose of meeting the requirements and for the dates in your documents

- The date the visa processing time starts - which is either the date it was received in Sheffield or the date you got the email.... We're still trying to work out which it is.

For all we know, when your application arrived, there could have been thousands of applications in front of yours that weren't yet logged in the system and it's taken this long just to open them all and send the emails.

« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2016, 05:31:16 PM »
Question about how priority processing works: if new priority applications are arriving every day, then in theory they would NEVER get to ours. I don't entirely understand how it works. Are most ECOs working on priority, and then a few on non-priority? No idea if anyone has any insight into this!

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2016, 05:40:08 PM »
Question about how priority processing works: if new priority applications are arriving every day, then in theory they would NEVER get to ours. I don't entirely understand how it works. Are most ECOs working on priority, and then a few on non-priority? No idea if anyone has any insight into this!

That's definitely how it is sold. 

BUT in other high seasons, the non-priority does start to move regardless of the new priority applications arriving.  Honestly, I'm really surprised we haven't seen a big surge in movement those past week.   :-\\\\

• Liked: 63
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2016, 05:57:21 PM »
I hope they start giving us our decisions now.....i had hope since ebarb got it...

• Liked: 3
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2016, 09:04:58 AM »
I convinced the UKVI contact centre to "escalate" our case a few days ago, but haven't had anything else yet. Maybe in a normal situation an escalation would mean a faster response, but when everyone's application is taking this long there's probably only so much they can do.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab