Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: First day of autumn  (Read 686 times)

• Liked: 533
First day of autumn
« on: September 04, 2016, 09:11:50 PM »
Is it autumn now?
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

• Liked: 9
Re: First day of autumn
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2016, 09:19:54 PM »
Lol I didn't see the sun today, I think so.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2016, 09:33:31 PM »
Lol - well, the meteorological Autumn begins on 1st Sept, since only full months are used for statistics and records, but I guess technically Autumn is still a couple of weeks away :).

• Liked: 533
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2016, 10:04:46 PM »
Well I have always just thought of autumn as beginning on the 21st....but I'm no Druid....but like the pronunciation of detritus, it's just one more thing I am finding out late in life...
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

• Liked: 149
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2016, 10:19:11 PM »
The beginning of Autumn (and Winter etc etc) are based on position of the sun etc......I've never cared about that. When the weather starts getting cooler.....it's Autumn. Looks like we have a decent week or so ahead of us......but I'm thinking after that we are taking the slow slope to disaster....uh, I mean colder and darker. Back in Eastern Washington this is my favorite time.......cooler mornings. Looking forward to the leaves getting off the trees so I can see things better when I am out walking.
Fred

• Island Life (without the palm trees)
  • Liked: 20
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2016, 01:55:24 PM »
I was looking at my "On This Day" memories on Facebook yesterday and one of my posts a few years back (when I lived in Kentucky) was about being excited to wear a long sleeved shirt again because it was almost fall. It gave me a laugh. Even though this has been a pretty cool summer overall I can still feel the change towards autumn, which is my favorite season.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab