My partner and I are engaged but hoping to get married before I leave in November. Unfortunately, when we gave notice, we didn't book the venue bc we didn't know how hard it would be to get an opening so now we have to give notice again to change venue. I have to leave in 56 days so if they decide to investigate and take the 70 days this time (they didn't last time so it was only 28 days), we'll be wasting the funds that we don't really have to spare. However, if we don't get married this time, it'll cost us a lot more in the long run so we're feeling pressured to take the risk.
The other thing stopping us is his income. He is having a really hard time finding any work at all, even part time. It will take six months once he starts making the £18600 income before I can apply and then two months to get an approval IF they approve it. It will realistically take 6 months to a year to actually start making that income. He's a brilliant man and a dedicated worker but he was unable to work for years before and recently went on jobseekers so getting anyone to look at him is proving difficult. Realistically, a year to get that income requirement, maintain it for six months and to apply.
I definitely am trying to enjoy the time we have bc two months is a LONG time, it just keeps hitting me. I'm a fighter when I feel backed into a corner and there's nothing to fight. I just have to wait. I'm feeling a bit calmer today.
I had a go at my dad through my mom yesterday and he seemed to get the message. My dad is a hard nosed man with set ideas. I'll be living with my parents when I get back into the states. They have my dog too-that's another nightmare story. Before I left, I had a roommate who freaked out and threw me out when he found out I was in a relationship. He had no reason to think anything was going on between us but he apparently did so I became homeless. I'm relieved in a way bc he was stessful to live with even though I rarely saw him. But it was mostly free-he owned the house outright and paid the utilities, I just paid for everyone's food and I was right on top of my patients for work. My hours at work got cut and losing my room caused my expenses to go up bc of the extra travel to work, etc., so my income went into the red. All of that happened right after I bought the plane ticket here.
I just want to get all the money as quickly as possible to get my application approved. This man is my home. I wish I could go door to door telling people they should hire him lol