Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: "Right to EU Employment" checkbox on Job Listings  (Read 501 times)

• Liked: 5
"Right to EU Employment" checkbox on Job Listings
« on: September 09, 2016, 06:17:47 AM »
I am applying for the first time to jobs in the UK, and I've come across on multiple job listing sites a checkbox that will say something along the lines of "Right to EU Employment - I am an EU citizen/I have an EU work permit".

I know my spouse visa permits me to work in the UK, but I was unsure if I am qualified to tick that box. I don't want a potential employer to dismiss my application because they believe I am not permitted to work in the UK, but of course I don't want to misrepresent myself.

I'm struggling to find a useful answer to this on Google, however I might just not being using the right wording. If anyone can get me a solid answer on this, I would greatly appreciate the help!

• Liked: 5
Re: "Right to EU Employment" checkbox on Job Listings
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2016, 08:09:56 AM »
My wonderful husband was able to confirm that I am qualified to tick that box.

Sorry for the dumb question; I didn't want to assume anything!

• Liked: 342
Re: "Right to EU Employment" checkbox on Job Listings
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2016, 07:30:00 PM »
I'm not sure that you would tick that box saying
"Right to EU Employment - I am an EU citizen/I have an EU work permit".

Nor why you would want to?

You are not an EU citizen and you didn't use EU laws to have a right to reside in the UK.

"Permits" are EU law and "visas" are UK immigration laws.

I don't want a potential employer to dismiss my application because they believe I am not permitted to work in the UK,

On a spouse visa, you are in the country under UK immigration law not EU laws and your UK visa allows you to work.

With Brexit and the ending of EU laws and the unknowns for those in the UK under EU laws, your visa is better.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 07:40:44 PM by Sirius »

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab