Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Mattress Toppers.  (Read 2119 times)

• Liked: 6110
Re: Mattress Toppers.
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2016, 06:41:26 PM »

Wayfair.com?

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll check it out!

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2016, 06:44:50 PM »
I'd say it's an inch and a half.  Not very thick but does the job.

Cheers KFdancer! I'm guessing it's the 5cm, the other option seems to be 2.5cm.

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2016, 06:50:10 PM »
The one we bought in the UK is this one:

We bought the king size and it is FANTASTIC! It really doesn't get too hot and is very comfortable. I made room in our air freight shipment to bring it back to the US in July, and am very glad I did.

Awesome! Thank you Fruitgum!

I just found their own website. They have some great buying guides, I'm learning about foam density vs thickness in relation to body weight and mattress firmness at the moment!

https://www.memoryfoamwarehouse.co.uk/memory-foam-mattress-topper/
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 07:22:47 PM by larrabee »

• Liked: 18
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2016, 08:28:30 PM »
This is a subject near and dear to my achy joints.   ;)

I bought this 2 inch memory foam topper for our very firm bed -

- and my hips were much happier for it.  So much so, that I bought a second one earlier this year.  In retrospect it would probably have been better to get a 3 inch one in the first place, but this is working for us.  I would recommend getting a mattress protector (quilted cotton type) to put between the bottom sheet and memory foam topper since a lot of people get really hot sleeping on memory foam.
Here 2 years as of Oct. 1, 2016.

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2016, 08:58:06 PM »
This is a subject near and dear to my achy joints.   ;)

I bought this 2 inch memory foam topper for our very firm bed -

- and my hips were much happier for it.  So much so, that I bought a second one earlier this year.  In retrospect it would probably have been better to get a 3 inch one in the first place, but this is working for us.  I would recommend getting a mattress protector (quilted cotton type) to put between the bottom sheet and memory foam topper since a lot of people get really hot sleeping on memory foam.

Thanks Becca! So are you sleeping on 4 inches now? I definitely need to make the bed softer but I read one review where someone on a deeper topper described having to "climb" out of the impression in the mattress which kind of scared me as I'm fairly claustrophobic!
Do you find it easy to change position?

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2016, 11:22:24 PM »
Good for you, I hope you enjoy what you finally choose :)

• Liked: 18
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2016, 08:46:50 AM »
Thanks Becca! So are you sleeping on 4 inches now? I definitely need to make the bed softer but I read one review where someone on a deeper topper described having to "climb" out of the impression in the mattress which kind of scared me as I'm fairly claustrophobic!
Do you find it easy to change position?

Yes, it's 4 inches of memory foam on top of the mattress.  I don't have trouble changing position, and my husband hasn't mentioned that either, but I know when I used to have a mattress made entirely of memory foam I had that problem.  It was a bit claustrophobic actually!   ;)

The only problem now is one of our fitted bottom sheets was a real struggle to get over all that mattress!  Most of them are deep fitted nowadays, so it's only the one sheet that's a problem.  It's quite the workout to get on, but my stubbornness and some wide elastic added to the corners made it work.   ;D
Here 2 years as of Oct. 1, 2016.

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2016, 09:59:49 AM »
Good for you, I hope you enjoy what you finally choose :)

Gosh, I hope I do! Thank you!  :)

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2016, 10:03:02 AM »
Yes, it's 4 inches of memory foam on top of the mattress.  I don't have trouble changing position, and my husband hasn't mentioned that either, but I know when I used to have a mattress made entirely of memory foam I had that problem.  It was a bit claustrophobic actually!   ;)

The only problem now is one of our fitted bottom sheets was a real struggle to get over all that mattress!  Most of them are deep fitted nowadays, so it's only the one sheet that's a problem.  It's quite the workout to get on, but my stubbornness and some wide elastic added to the corners made it work.   ;D

Very helpful! Thanks!!  :)

• Liked: 68
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2016, 12:59:14 PM »
Just picked up an aldi brochure and it has memory foam mattress toppers in it, 3cm and on sale from next Thursday.

• Island Life (without the palm trees)
  • Liked: 20
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2016, 02:57:34 PM »
We got one from Ikea when we first moved here and loooooove it.

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2016, 05:10:29 PM »
3cm isn't a lot, but if they're cheap buy two and stack them?

« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2016, 06:53:47 PM »
Four inch memory foam mattress topper for a double... Was £105 now £20. I love a good deal!

« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2016, 07:01:38 PM »
Four inch memory foam mattress topper for a double... Was £105 now £20. I love a good deal!

Oh boy, well done you! At that price it's worth a punt.

I wonder if you can cut it? I need the small double and that's 80gbp!

I called memory foam warehouse today. Their website is really good and they have the small double size. I had a few questions.

Their customer service was *beyond* terrible so I don't think I'll be getting one from them now.

« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2016, 09:26:16 PM »
I wonder if you can cut it?

There's a few shops by me I have seen that says they cut foam to any size. I know this may be a bit different but may be worth finding a shop that does something like that first and asking them if it can be done?

Sponsored Links