Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: VAF4A/Visa4UK confusion  (Read 1185 times)

• My heart resides in Whoville!!
  • Liked: 0
VAF4A/Visa4UK confusion
« on: September 09, 2016, 03:09:46 PM »
Hello all. My name is kiera and I'm fairly new here. I'm from the US and my fiance is from the UK. We are now undertaking the challenge of a fiance visa! I have read a good amount here and have one question that I didn't find had been asked before. Is the VAF4a-appendix 2 a separate form from the Visa4UK or is the Visa4UK an updated version? If they are separate, may I have a link to the VAF4a-appendix2. I have been on the gov.UK search engine and can't seem to find it. May I also add, the timely and compassionate responses I have seen makes this daunting task a lot less scary, so a heartfelt thank you from a newbie.   kiera    (side note: I did find a partial listing for the VAF4a-appendix2 here, but it didn't have part 6, which I will need.)
Love is still the answer.

• Liked: 3595
Re: VAF4A/Visa4UK confusion
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2016, 03:18:14 PM »
Welcome to the forum :).

There are two forms that you need to fill in:

- the online application form on the Visa4UK website
AND
- VAF4a Appendix 2 form, which you need to print and fill out by hand.

The online application is just a generic form to give your personal details, while the Appendix 2 form actually asks all the questions about how you meet the requirements for a fiance/spousal visa. Without both forms, your application is not complete and cannot be processed.

There is a link to the paper forms on the 'Join Family Living in the UK' pages on the UKVI website, in the 'How to Apply' section.

The direct link to them is here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/application-for-uk-visa-for-family-settlement-form-vaf4a

The PDF of VAF4a is the paper version of the online application. It can be used for reference to prepare, but it is not accepted in the US, so you need to complete the online application instead. The date you submit the online application and pay for the visa is your official application date, so don't do this until you are completely ready to mail all your documents for processing.

The VAF4a Appendix 2 is what you need to print and fill out by hand

There is also a suggested supporting documents list on that page too.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 03:19:33 PM by ksand24 »

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2016, 03:21:36 PM »
I understand now, thank you so much for your help.

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2016, 03:24:25 PM »
I understand now, thank you so much for your help.

No problem :).

(side note: I did find a partial listing for the VAF4a-appendix2 here, but it didn't have part 6, which I will need.)

A little confused: what do you mean by Part 6?

There are only 5 parts to the Appendix 2 form:
- Part 1: Your relationship
- Part 2: Your accommodation
- Part 3: Financial requirement category you are applying under
- Part 4: Exemption from the financial requirements in Part 3
- Part 5: Additional Information (not usually needed - can be used if you need extra space to answer a previous question)

So, you should only need to fill out either Parts 1,2 and 3, or Parts 1,2 and 4 (if exempt from the financial requirement)

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2016, 03:40:42 PM »
It allows you to list one place for 'married before' and went on to say that if there were additional listings, to use part 6. (Look at the bottom of 1.21)  ~smiles~  It's these small but important details that can be unnerving.

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2016, 03:57:52 PM »
It allows you to list one place for 'married before' and went on to say that if there were additional listings, to use part 6. (Look at the bottom of 1.21)  ~smiles~  It's these small but important details that can be unnerving.

Ah, I think it's a typo, since there is no part 6, and never has been as far as I'm aware.

I'm assuming they mean that you should continue in the Additional Information section, which is actually part 5, not 6.

I've even found the form for August 2012 to see if there was a part 6 on that one... there are only 5 parts, but even then it was telling you to use part 6 for the same question :P.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 04:00:28 PM by ksand24 »

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2016, 01:09:05 AM »
Update: I had my Biometrics appointment today and went straight from there to UPS. I only got really nervous when, after checking everything again, the documents were placed into the package! So, now it's out of my hands. A special thanks to ksand for all the help and encouragement. I couldn't have done it without all the information I found here, this is a great place! Will let you know how it goes. (by the way, tmx_rob is my fiance, we are both on here) :)

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2016, 07:11:55 AM »
Update: I had my Biometrics appointment today and went straight from there to UPS. I only got really nervous when, after checking everything again, the documents were placed into the package! So, now it's out of my hands. A special thanks to ksand for all the help and encouragement. I couldn't have done it without all the information I found here, this is a great place! Will let you know how it goes. (by the way, tmx_rob is my fiance, we are both on here) :)

Good Luck!   :)

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2016, 04:31:19 PM »
Thank you larrabee. I guess the FLR(M) is the next step in this dance.  :P

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab