Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: we will NEVER forget  (Read 6877 times)

• Liked: 533
Re: we will NEVER forget
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2016, 11:52:52 AM »
You could do a lot of damage with a boxcutter, especially if it's got a new blade in it.

Absolutely. And the thing is it takes a great deal of....what ever you want to call it...to take on a guy with a razor blade....you are almost surely going to be cut a lot. Two guys is almost a losing gambit I would think.

It says a lot about those guys who charged in on the other flight....

I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2016, 01:06:28 PM »
Absolutely. And the thing is it takes a great deal of....what ever you want to call it...to take on a guy with a razor blade....you are almost surely going to be cut a lot. Two guys is almost a losing gambit I would think.

It says a lot about those guys who charged in on the other flight....

Keep in mind that before 911, planes were hijacked all the time.  Everyone knew that all they had to do was keep cool, let the plane land wherever and everything would be over.  People didn't fight the box cutter guys because they didn't think they needed to.  The people on the plane that eventually fought back had heard the news and knew they had no choice. 

Now a guy with a box cutter wouldn't last 10 seconds, everyone would throw every object within reach at him, then gouge his eyeballs out.  That's essentially what happened to the shoe bomber.  The rules have changed and box cutters simply don't work any more. 

That's the reason why the TSA taking blunt scissors from your kids is pure theatre.

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2016, 02:12:11 PM »
Keep in mind that before 911, planes were hijacked all the time.  Everyone knew that all they had to do was keep cool, let the plane land wherever and everything would be over.  People didn't fight the box cutter guys because they didn't think they needed to.  The people on the plane that eventually fought back had heard the news and knew they had no choice. 

Now a guy with a box cutter wouldn't last 10 seconds, everyone would throw every object within reach at him, then gouge his eyeballs out.  That's essentially what happened to the shoe bomber.  The rules have changed and box cutters simply don't work any more. 

That's the reason why the TSA taking blunt scissors from your kids is pure theatre.

Good points. Yes, I think the "let's roll' guys had been informed via cell phone that they were headed for certain death and so acted.

I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

we will NEVER forget
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2016, 02:44:31 PM »
Good points. Yes, I think the "let's roll' guys had been informed via cell phone that they were headed for certain death and so acted.

Yes, I think you are right.  And they were heroes, you were right about that as well.

The movie about those people  is a good one.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 02:46:32 PM by jimbocz »

• A Photographic Journey
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2016, 02:57:35 PM »
Yes, I think you are right.  And they were heroes, you were right about that as well.

The movie about those people  is a good one.
You would not happen to recall the name of that movie would you? Or where I can watch it?
Kinky is using a feather.  Perverted is using the whole chicken. 😝😝

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2016, 04:40:08 PM »
I think the one I saw was called United 93, although there was a similarly named TV movie. 

If I remember, it was not a gung ho action movie but done with respect to the victims.

• A Photographic Journey
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2016, 05:47:28 PM »
Thank you, I found it r something like it on YouTube

• Liked: 585
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2016, 05:59:35 PM »
Google it if you like, but be careful because it will all sound plausible at first and you could fall down the rabbit hole.

You under-estimate me!  :)

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2016, 07:30:21 PM »
You under-estimate me!  :)

Not me though....I just got over a JFK binge....

• A Photographic Journey
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2016, 09:04:49 PM »
Not me though....I just got over a JFK binge....

What conclusion did you come to?

« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2016, 06:43:37 AM »
What conclusion did you come to?

It looks like the official narrative explains everything pretty well.   

/But Jack Ruby.....hmmm...

• Liked: 170
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2016, 07:19:44 AM »

So true! My mom was a flight attendant for 35 years (seriously it is pretty shocking how close my family came on 9/11)... she was once hijacked and taken to Cuba! One of the few Americans to go during the 70s!
2004-2008: Student Visa
2008-2010: Tier 1 PSW
2010-2011: Tier 4
2011-2014: Tier 2
2013-2016: New Tier 2 (changed jobs)
16/12/15: SET (LR) successful! - It's been a long road...
12/05/16: Citizenship ceremony!

• A Photographic Journey
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2016, 09:18:06 AM »
It looks like the official narrative explains everything pretty well.   

/But Jack Ruby.....hmmm...

official narrative being?

• A Photographic Journey
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2016, 09:19:53 AM »
(seriously it is pretty shocking how close my family came on 9/11)...

how so?

« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2016, 05:19:02 PM »
official narrative being?

Oswald was a lone gunman who for personal/political motivations committed the crime.

The explanations work, if in a sort of ad hoc feeling way, and Akbar's Razor says that the simplest explanation (not a big plot) is more likely.

But then there is this:

But again, projectiles do weird things and here is a diagram with the victims in a different position:

And another thing...they have done reenactments....marksmen (and Oswald was a trained marksman) have been able to replicate the accuracy of the shots....but under pressure? Having not practised in a while? Moving target?

If indeed it happened the way they say....then that is it really...all the parts just turned out that way.

So sonofasailor's verdict, after spending at least two late nights skimming the internet: until solid evidence is found to contradict it, the Warren Commission's findings are what we have to go on.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab