Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Why no screens in the windows???  (Read 4775 times)

• Liked: 18
Re: Why no screens in the windows???
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2016, 08:45:21 PM »
We don't have any plants in our living room, that's the weird thing! I'm going to put out a little dish of beer, apparently slugs love beer and then crawl in and drown.

I could never get the slugs and snails in California to fall for the beer trick, but I keep hearing that advice over here so I'm going to try again.  I wonder if the slugs up here like Newcastle Brown Ale best?  ;)
Here 2 years as of Oct. 1, 2016.

• Liked: 6
Why no screens in the windows???
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2016, 09:55:49 AM »
LOL - The mosquito issue caused a rather funny exchange between my UKC husband and my very American self.  He made the categorical statement that there are no mosquitoes in the UK, but one day I saw one outside by our water barrels, which led to the following conversation...

Me:  Hey! There's a mosquito out here, do you think it's the standing water in the rain barrel?

Him:  We don't have mosquitoes here.

Me:  Well, I'm pretty sure that's a mosquito....

Him: Nope, we don't have them so it can't be...

Me:  Hmmmmm, I'm not convinced, that really looks like a mosquito.

Him:  What do mosquitoes look like?

Me:  Like that..... (said in a rather droll manner  ;) )

It appears we may have mosquitoes in the UK after all, although nothing like they were in California..... yet.   :P

Oh, and we have the slug issue in our living room too!  Just saw the tracks the other day - yuck.  I'd better check our houseplants.... I hate slugs and snails!  Anyone else get those disgusting orange ones?  They're huge!!  [smiley=bleck.gif]

By the way, I live just outside Newcastle so probably not that far from you!

Lol my husband also insists we don't have mosquitos but we have a little pond in our backyard and I'm sure that attracts them. One night we turned out the lights and got into bed and we heard the most annoying high pitched buzzing. We had to turn on all the lights and he got up on the bed with a rolled up newspaper and had to chase after it. It was too funny. "See! I told you we have mosquitos!!" :P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 18
Re: Why no screens in the windows???
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2016, 11:19:12 AM »
Lol my husband also insists we don't have mosquitos but we have a little pond in our backyard and I'm sure that attracts them. One night we turned out the lights and got into bed and we heard the most annoying high pitched buzzing. We had to turn on all the lights and he got up on the bed with a rolled up newspaper and had to chase after it. It was too funny. "See! I told you we have mosquitos!!" :P
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oooooh!  Is there any sound more annoying than the high pitched whine of a mosquito when you're trying to go to sleep?  The ensuing drama of turning the light back on to find the little sucker, only to fail miserably..... once you finally give up and turn the light off..... he's baaaaacccccckkkkk!!

Yup, nothing worse than that sound.  *shudder*   :-X

As much fun as it was to be right, I wish our husbands were correct.  I could live rather nicely without mosquitoes, midges are bad enough!   :P
Here 2 years as of Oct. 1, 2016.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab