Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: September Timeline (Spouse Visa)  (Read 1376 times)

• Liked: 6
September Timeline (Spouse Visa)
« on: September 22, 2016, 06:37:41 PM »
I know it's probably early, but I'm going to stick my times up now.
Applying for Spouse visa (Priority), wife of UK citizen, both of us live in the USA at the moment.

Biometrics Sept 8
Mailed Sept 9
Arrived in Sheffield Sept 15
Email confirming parcel received: Sept 22

Now the waiting.  I think it's kind of crazy how the email from Sheffield indicated the order in which I was supposed to send the documents... but of course the email was confirming they received the documents so it's really too late for me to change the Order.  We did do a table of contents and put everything in the right order so I'm hoping whoever eventually looks at the 93 page stack (OMG so much info) will find everything they are looking for quickly.

Fingers crossed for all of us.

• Liked: 8
Re: September Timeline (Spouse Visa)
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2016, 09:58:48 PM »
Good luck!

I also thought it was pretty amusing how they email you with the order of how things should go AFTER they have received it, when no where else does it indicate a certain order for the stack to go in.

As long as it's organized and makes sense, will be ok. :)
Met online 11/17/14
First met in person - he came to Florida! 1/17/15
First uk visit 4/13/15
His second US visit 9/2015
My second uk visit 1/15/2016
Married on his third trip to US 6/10/16
Mailed docs to Sheffield 7/19/16
Got spouse visa 8/19/2016
Entered UK 12/2/2016

• Liked: 2
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 05:54:56 AM »
Could either of you include that list order on here as a reply, please? Or direct me to where I can find that either on the forum or on a website?? Thank you!!
Met online 24/8/14
Purchased tickets for first visit 22/8/14
Met in person 15/12/14
Married 24/8/16
Mailed passport for name change expedited  31/8/16
Passport back via UPS 8/9/16
Keys to new flat 9/9/16
Biometrics appointment 6/10/2016
Shipped visa priority to Sheffield 6/10/2016
Application arrived in Sheffield 10/10/2016
Confirmed receipt of application 10/10/2016
Decision made email 24/10/16
Visa arrived via UPS 26/10/16
(Requested travel date: 30/11/16 Actual travel window: 23/11/16-23/12/16)
Moving to Bolton, England 30/11/16!!!!!!

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2016, 06:06:02 AM »
Email Text as follows:
your online application has been received in Sheffield, UK.  Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer.

If you have made a Settlement application (except for applications lodged in USA and Canada): you must ensure that your UK sponsor has sent all relevant supporting documentation to the visa section in Sheffield. The documents should be arranged in this order: application form and relevant Appendix* (See below); English language evidence; relationship documents; maintenance documents; accommodation documents.   If documents are not received a decision will be taken on the basis on the information that has been provided.

Please note that UKVI aims to complete all Visit Visa applications within 15 working days and all Settlement Visa applications within 12 weeks of the application date.  If it is not possible to complete your application within this timeframe a member of our team will contact you to explain why.

If you have paid for Priority Service, your application will be placed in front of the queue and assessed ahead of other non-priority visa applications.  As indicated in the terms of service, the amount paid for the priority service, as well as the visa fees, is not refundable if the visa application is refused or if the decision is delayed.

We regret that we are unable to respond to enquiries asking about the status of any application.  Any status enquiry should be made to the international enquiry service, details of which are on the GOV.UK website.  Staff at Embassies, visa processing centres and visa application centres cannot assist with visa enquiries.  You may also wish to view the current processing times for applications made in your country.

A further email will be sent to you to confirm when your application has been assessed and dispatched.  If your application was made in a Visa Application Centre, the staff there will contact you when your documents are ready – please do not attend the Centre until you are requested to do so.

Please note that you are advised not to purchase flight tickets until you have secured a visa for travel to the UK.

*List of Appendices:
Appendix 1 - Children / Other Dependants
Appendix 2 - Spouse / Partner
Appendix 4 - Pre-flight family members of Refugees
Appendix 5 - Access Rights to Child

Further information is also available on the UK visas and immigration website.

Kind regards,

Sheffield Visa Section

• Good Luck to All where your Journey takes you !!!!
  • Liked: 16
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2016, 10:36:15 AM »
i got the same list and same email Sept 19, at 7:11 Am Toronto time which is 12 : 11 UK time...Excatly the same...The person checking my list checked of all documents in order of the online application then appendix  marriage  and so on until she asked me if there was anything else i wanted to include.. photos, communication all that, the personnel documents which would give evidence to substantiate your visa.

The first 2 are very important if you don't have them according to their list,  appointment is done , Over...from what she told..its something new never did this the last time.

- Online application
- Appendix 2
- Marriage cert (for me got married in the UK)
- Taxes busines documents
- Wife's bank statements  and earnings (documents)
- Business statement
- taxes done 2015-2016
- Accommodation (supporting docs)

then personnel stuff you add

also i found out a lot more on this forum...from very intelligent  admins and modes..and also people who have been here for a long time..luv em all...
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 10:50:55 AM by eddyj »
single and traveller
working on myself

• Liked: 4
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2016, 10:51:07 AM »
Applying for Spouse visa (Priority), wife of UK citizen, both of us live in the USA at the moment.

Biometrics Sept 8
Mailed Sept 9

Now the waiting.  I think it's kind of crazy how the email from Sheffield indicated the order in which I was supposed to send the documents... but of course the email was confirming they received the documents so it's really too late for me to change the Order.  We did do a table of contents and put everything in the right order so I'm hoping whoever eventually looks at the 93 page stack (OMG so much info) will find everything they are looking for quickly.

Exciting time for you! Be patient and it will be worth the wait!

Just wanna throw it out to you. I have literally just arrived back in the UK after receiving my passport and documents on Monday, September 19th.

My application was sent off the same day my biometrics were taken in Atlanta, Georgia which was on August 10th. I applied and paid for Priority Processing, but mistakenly forgot to write FOR PRIORITY PROCESSING on the envelope.
Whether or not this affected the overall processing time I can't be too sure, I think it might have delayed my decision by a week or so.

But overall it was about a 5 week wait having applied in early August.

Good luck! and I wish the best for both of you!

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2016, 06:15:49 PM »
Thanks! I'm not expecting to hear anything until 20th October at the earliest... that's the date I tell myself.  But it's so hard being so pre-occupied all the time.  And at the same time, living what feels like a double life... I know that even though I think I did everything right we could be denied for any reason... maybe we didn't prove our accommodation enough, or the husbands 6 months of pay stubs and bank statements will be overlooked... or they'll not understand my travel history... I know that I will eventually get there but there is always that worry!  And so I'm living two lives... one where we stay here for years while the visa is worked out, and the other where we are back by Christmas and everything is fine!  It's the Schrodingers Cat of lives... in December do I live here?  Do I live there? Am I paying for lawyers?

I'm so lucky because my husband lives in the US with me, we lived in the UK together for 5 years and then came to see if we liked the US... but we decided we wanted to be in the UK, unfortunately my last UK visa lapsed in January.  It would be much easier for us to stay here, and having done visa's on both sides of the pond I think the US visa was more complicated to get but now that he's here it would be so easy to stay... in the UK I still feel like they're trying to boot me out all the time.

Good luck to us all, that's my friday morning rant!

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2016, 01:25:26 AM »

Biometrics Sept 8
Mailed Sept 9

Hi just wondering if you could share with us what that email said regarding the order of documents? I'll be sending mine in soon :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 0
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2016, 09:29:13 PM »
Heloo
I have questions
Looks like apply from USA and paid priority is 30 days.
My wife apply from Jamaica them give her 30 days prioryty  service. We recived mail they have our documents on 13.september.our biometrics on 7th September. So anyone can help me please from which date we shud calculate those 30 days.
Thank you

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2016, 08:46:09 AM »
Heloo
I have questions
Looks like apply from USA and paid priority is 30 days.
My wife apply from Jamaica them give her 30 days prioryty  service. We recived mail they have our documents on 13.september.our biometrics on 7th September. So anyone can help me please from which date we shud calculate those 30 days.
Thank you

I'm afraid I don't know, as most people on this forum are applying from the US.

Applications from Jamaica may be processed in a different location or by a different team.

Here's the July processing times from Jamaica.

https://visa-processingtimes.homeoffice.gov.uk/y/kingston-jamaica/settlement-visas/settlement

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2016, 11:09:51 AM »
Thank you

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2016, 07:23:08 PM »

Biometrics Sept 8
Mailed Sept 9

Hi! Any news on your application?

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2016, 07:32:22 PM »
Hi! Any news on your application?

Hi SnowSun, welcome to the forum!  :)

Are you on a similar timeline?

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2016, 07:35:11 PM »
Thanks! Sorry, only just realised what you meant by timeline, yes we are! We applied back in September and have not heard anything yet. Was wondering how others were doing!

Hi SnowSun, welcome to the forum!  :)

Are you on a similar timeline?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 11:02:31 PM by SnowSun »

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab