Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Family Permit supporting document question  (Read 903 times)

• Liked: 0
Family Permit supporting document question
« on: September 23, 2016, 12:44:22 PM »
Hi all,
I have submitted my application yesterday and have an appointment for Monday. I'm collecting the necessary documents now and I have come across an issue. I have written in my application that I am sponsored by My husband, I am unemployed and have no savings. But when the application asked me who is going to pay for my trip I wrote-myself and I'm estimating GBP 500 for the whole trip.
Now, in the light of this, will they want to see bank statement proving that I have that amount in my account? (the thing is that I have more than GBP4000 in my account which can be seen as savings)...
please, tell me which version is better, as I'm a bit stuck at the moment
Thank you in expectation

• Liked: 342
Re: Family Permit supporting document question
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 01:01:46 PM »
But when the application asked me who is going to pay for my trip I wrote-myself and I'm estimating GBP 500 for the whole trip.

Are you applying for a UK visitor visa?

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 01:02:39 PM »
i'm applying for UK family permit

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2016, 01:06:07 PM »
i'm applying for UK family permit

Is your husband a British citizen in the UK? Or an EEA citizen who is exercising free movement treaty rights in the UK?

« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 01:09:17 PM by Sirius »

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2016, 01:13:00 PM »
sorry for not providing the background:)
he is an irish citizen living in the UK. he has been there for a little over 2 months. is employed full time and i am providing his payslips and work letter

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2016, 02:02:50 PM »
Any suggestions anyone?
thanks for help in advance

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2016, 02:05:52 PM »
You're over thinking it.  Just apply as is.

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2016, 02:10:45 PM »
As in without the bank statement?
P.S. I know I'm overthinking, it's just proving too hard to be in different countries with my husband, don't want to make any mistakes that could be prevented(
Thanks a lot for the response

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2016, 02:28:41 PM »
It doesn't really matter. Include the bank statement if you want, or don't include it... it won't make any difference. If you feel more comfortable sending it, then do that.

The Family Permit is about the easiest 'visa' to get - in fact, it's not even a visa... It's just confirmation that you already have the right to live and work in the UK.

All you need to show is that you are married to an EEA citizen and that the EEA citizen will be exercising EEA treaty rights in the UK (his job).

Sent from my iPod using Tapatalk

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2016, 04:30:55 PM »

The Family Permit is about the easiest 'visa' to get - in fact, it's not even a visa... It's just confirmation that you already have the right to live and work in the UK.

Yep, it's a Permit not a Visa (UK immigration rules). Your EU permit remains valid while your sponsor (your husband) is a "qualified person" i.e. a worker.

You say you husband is Irish, was he born in Northern Ireland? I'm asking as those born in NI are born British and Irish and they can't use the EU route to bring family to the UK.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 04:40:01 PM by Sirius »

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2016, 10:01:17 PM »
Thanks a lot. You've been very helpful:* I appreciate it
My husband is from the Republic of Ireland, not from Northern.
I think I'm just overreading horrible stories on boards and getting worked up)) Hopefully it will all end soon:) I'l keep ya'llposted

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2016, 05:54:25 PM »
Hi everyone.
A strange thing happened today. As I already told you I submitted my application and handed my documents in on Monday. Yesterday at around 5 UK time, I got a message confirming the delivery of my documents to UK visa application center. Today at around 4 UK time I got a message from DHL saying that my documents are beibg sent back to me. I'm checking the status of my application online, it says decision hasn't been made but the passport has been returned.
What can that mean??

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2016, 07:02:36 PM »
Hi everyone.
A strange thing happened today. As I already told you I submitted my application and handed my documents in on Monday. Yesterday at around 5 UK time, I got a message confirming the delivery of my documents to UK visa application center. Today at around 4 UK time I got a message from DHL saying that my documents are beibg sent back to me. I'm checking the status of my application online, it says decision hasn't been made but the passport has been returned.
What can that mean??

I imagine the computer hasn't been updated.  I'm sure you've got your permit.  Keep us posted!

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2016, 09:43:50 AM »
I imagine the computer hasn't been updated.  I'm sure you've got your permit.  Keep us posted!

Hi there) Thanks for answering) I'm waiting impatiently for the DHL guy now) One thing I don't understand - if the FP is not a visa, there will be nothing printed in my passport right? what will I get then? a letter saying that I got the permit?

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2016, 09:48:27 AM »
No, you will get a sticker in your passport and it will look like a visa... It's just that it's not technically classed as a visa because it's issued under EEA immigration rules, not UK immigration rules.

Then when you apply for your 5-year EEA Residence card, it will be issued as a plastic BRP (Biometric Residence Permit) card, same as a visa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 09:50:49 AM by ksand24 »

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab