Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Proof of Funds - Advice/help please  (Read 247 times)

• Liked: 6
Proof of Funds - Advice/help please
« on: September 23, 2016, 09:18:49 PM »
Whelp, I think we messed up.
Pretty standard spouse application, british husband makes a good sum here in the US, moving to the UK together, we meet all the requirements.  However we sent in our application his job offer letter from the US job he has now, and his pay slips for the last 6 months, but not the corresponding bank statements. (though we did send a bank statement, as proof joint finances... but it's our savings account and not checking). So is there any way we can send the bank statements now, separately?  Or email them?  Or just wait and see if we get denied?
The packet was only received last week in sheffield, though we did pay for priority.
Thanks for your help
Rachel
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 09:26:31 PM by RachelSandwich »

• Liked: 4985
Re: Proof of Funds - Advice/help please
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 09:34:09 PM »
What category did you apply under?  Savings or are you using his income?

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 09:34:43 PM »
Using his income.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2016, 09:35:57 PM »
As you have already mailed the application, you can't add anything else now, I'm afraid, so you're just going to have to wait and see what happens.

They may contact you to ask for extra documents, but if too many documents are missing, they may just refuse the visa. If that happens, you'll need to reapply with all the correct documents.

Which financial requirement Category did you apply under?

If he's still with you in the US and he will be  continuing his current US job in the UK, then I'm assuming it's Category A, with sponsor returning from overseas, in which case, ALL of the following documents are mandatory:

- a letter from his current US employer detailing the job he will be transferring to/doing in the UK and also including how long he has worked for the company, his current salary, how long he has been earning his current salary and the type of employment
- 6 full months of original US payslips showing a minimum pre-tax income of £1,550 per month
- 6 full months of original US bank statements, for an account in his name, showing the deposit of every single payslip

If even one of the payslips or bank statements is missing, or if the documents are not in the correct format, the visa can be refused.

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2016, 09:40:03 PM »
Thanks for your help - He's got a new job lined up in the UK, to start january 5th, so we submitted all we could from the US but couldn't tell the US job he's leaving because he's not going to leave unless I get my visa. 
So I guess it's good that we didn't put in notice with his work as it looks like this application will get rejected for lack of bank statements.

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2016, 09:51:26 PM »
Thanks for your help - He's got a new job lined up in the UK, to start january 5th, so we submitted all we could from the US but couldn't tell the US job he's leaving because he's not going to leave unless I get my visa. 
So I guess it's good that we didn't put in notice with his work as it looks like this application will get rejected for lack of bank statements.

Okay, so in that case, he definitely needs to provide:

- his UK job offer letter stating the job title, salary and start date in the UK (start date must be within 3 months of the intended travel date you put on the application form)
- 6 full months of original US payslips showing a minimum pre-tax income of £1,550 per month
- 6 full months of original US bank statements, for an account in his name, showing the deposit of every single payslip

I'm not sure whether he definitely also needs to send:
- a letter from his current US employer stating:
1) how long he has worked there
2) current salary
3) length of time earning current salary
4) type of employment
- his original US job contract
- his latest W2 form (i.e. equivalent of a P60

The financial requirements document states that for overseas employment documents 'a reasonable equivalent' to paragraph 2 and 2A is required, but I'm not sure what exactly they consider to be a reasonable equivalent.

Out of curiosity, what intended travel date did you put on the application form? The date he starts his new job cannot be more than 3 months ahead of this date, so if you put a date before 5th Oct, they may not consider his job offer to be valid.

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2016, 09:54:05 PM »
We put December 17th as our intended date of travel.  So basically, just missing all the bank statements as we have everything else.  I guess I'll cross my fingers they'll ask for the statements instead of straight up denying the visa, and that if they do deny perhaps we have time to apply again.

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2016, 10:00:50 PM »
Okay, just wanted to check :).

As you didn't include any of the required bank statements they may not contact you to ask for them.

The guidelines state that if one bank statement is missing then they are allowed to contact you to ask for it, but I'm not sure if they will do that for the whole 6 months' worth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links