Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: VAF 4A Question  (Read 431 times)

• Liked: 2
VAF 4A Question
« on: September 25, 2016, 05:38:01 PM »
Hi,

My wife and I are currently filling out the application forms for her to join me in the UK.

We are proving sponsorship using category D, savings only from an account under my name.

My question,

3.76 What is the total cash savings you/your sponsor hold?

Is this you and your sponsor or is it you or your sponsor?

If it is both of us are we required to include bank statements to prove the figure? We are already including the statement for the savings account that proves we meet the financial requirement.

Also how do we detail the savings when hers are in $US and mine are in £GBP ?

Many thanks.

• Liked: 3595
Re: VAF 4A Question
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2016, 05:45:49 PM »
It's either/both - whatever is the case for your personal situation. You just put the total amount you are using to meet the requirements and provide evidence of that amount via bank statements.

You have to show you meet the requirement of at least £62,500 held in full in bank account(s) in your name(s) for at least 6 months before the application date.

So, you do this however you need to.

- If all the money is in your bank account, then you only include 6 months of your bank statements.
- If all the money is in her bank account, then you only include 6 months of her bank statements
- If the money is split across multiple bank accounts, then you provide 6 months of statements from each bank account so that the total savings combined equals £62,500 or more

So, from what you've said, it sounds like all the money (£62,500+) is held in one savings account.

Therefore, for that question, you put the total amount that is sitting in that account and you provide:
- 6 full months of bank statements from that one savings account, showing that the total amount of savings held in the account has been at least £62,500 for the entire 6 months

If you have other accounts with more savings, you don't need to mention them, or include bank statements from them, unless your savings account has less than £62,500 in it.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 05:47:08 PM by ksand24 »

• Liked: 6110
Re: VAF 4A Question
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2016, 05:49:12 PM »
Hi,

My wife and I are currently filling out the application forms for her to join me in the UK.

We are proving sponsorship using category D, savings only from an account under my name.

My question,

3.76 What is the total cash savings you/your sponsor hold?

Is this you and your sponsor or is it you or your sponsor?

If it is both of us are we required to include bank statements to prove the figure? We are already including the statement for the savings account that proves we meet the financial requirement.

Also how do we detail the savings when hers are in $US and mine are in £GBP ?

Many thanks.

If you have enough savings in an account in your name, you don't need to evidence any of hers. You only need to prove the requirement (even though it seems like it asks for all your accounts, that is not the case).

You need to provide 6 months worth of statements, the most recent of which must be dated within 28 days of the online application date. They must be originals or if copies, stamped by the bank on every page.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 08:53:02 PM by larrabee »

Sponsored Links