Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Pumpkin spice EVERYTHING!  (Read 2202 times)

• Liked: 1892
Re: Pumpkin spice EVERYTHING!
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2016, 02:57:14 PM »
They do tend to be big

• Liked: 134
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2016, 03:02:59 PM »
You can take the girl out of Ohio.....

Truer words!

Just got back from Ohio on Sunday where I was spoiled with freshly pressed Apple Cider (which my parents made themselves, very quaint).  I love pumpkin baked goods and am lucky to be surrounded by family and co-workers who are more than willing to try them.  Also discovered that the coffee shop at the station near my work has pumpkin spice syrup and a latte costs only 2pounds!  Beats Starbucks, in my humble opinion. 
Met Mr. Beatlemania: 20 Jan 2010
Tier 4 Visa Approved: 17 Sep 2012
Spousal Visa Received:  22 Sep 2014
Ohio to Essex: 26 October 2014
FLR(M): 10 May 2017
ILR: 23 October 2019
Citizenship: 6 September 2022

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2016, 03:50:40 PM »
Hmm... I am a fan of pumpkin stuff, but not pumpkin pie spiced everything.  I enjoy things like pumpkin pie, pumpkin butter, pumpkin bread/cake, pumpkin pudding and savoury things like pumpkin soup, pumpkin curry, and pumpkin lasagne.

But I don't like say pumpkin spiced oreos or pumpkin chocolate things or things that you see in the US like pumpkin spiced hummous or pringles or Cheerios or marshmallows. 

I love pumpkin beer though.  I made some two years ago, but didn't get a chance last year to make any.  Definitely going to make some again this year. 
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 585
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2016, 11:26:22 AM »
I saw that Reese's ame out with a giant peanut butter cup that has reese's pieces IN it. I cannot for the life of me get anyone back home to send me one :-(

Not exactly the same, but... Tesco have a large Reeses snowman that's peanut butter filled.

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2016, 11:35:03 AM »
Love, love, LOVE autumn and everything pumpkin!

I made pumpkin & bacon soup a couple of weeks ago, which was lush. 
Last week I made a gorgeous pumpkin bread, which was devoured at my man's work, and 3 people asked for the recipe.   I think I will make another one today, just for us.

• Liked: 68
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2016, 01:15:02 PM »
Thankfully I made my own pumpkin puree out of Hwlloween pumpkins but there seems to be a serious lack of canned pumpkin around!! Has anyone found any lately? My Tesco and Sainsburys suddenly took them off the shelves without reason (if they were recalled, I cant find a thing about it) :-/

• Liked: 957
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2016, 05:45:19 AM »
Thankfully I made my own pumpkin puree out of Hwlloween pumpkins but there seems to be a serious lack of canned pumpkin around!! Has anyone found any lately? My Tesco and Sainsburys suddenly took them off the shelves without reason (if they were recalled, I cant find a thing about it) :-/

When I was there for thanksgiving last year I tried 3 stores (tesco, sainsburys, and I can't remember the last) and none had canned pumpkin. Seems like it's a rarity in the UK, so maybe they just sold out? Since my now husband also had a bachelors kitchen I ended up doing baked apples for dessert instead of pie, since I didn't want to also shop for pie tins, rolling pin, etc on top of all the gluten free flours I'd need. (I hate pre-made crust, it usually has things I'm allergic to in it!)

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2016, 06:22:56 AM »
I buy tinned pumpkin on Amazon.

• Liked: 68
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2016, 09:37:24 AM »
It's just incredibly expensive from Amazon, especially when they were selling it for a pound in Sainsburys. I did ask the two stores and they said they just stopped selling them :-/ I'm going to have to save my pennies next year for buying online. I didn't mind my own puree but it takes up a lot of space in my already tiny freezer :-P

• Liked: 111
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2016, 11:47:28 AM »
Did you try Marks & Spencer or Waitrose, BriKH? I used to get their label versions of purée back when I lived there, admittedly years ago. Whenever I needed purée for "pumpkin" empanadas (I'm Mexican American, I don't do pie), I used to roast butternut squash and season it with pumpkin pie seasoning. It tasted the same. In fact, I preferred it. BBC Good Food has a recipe for "pumpkin pie" using butternut squash. You could try that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2016, 01:18:20 PM »
It's just incredibly expensive from Amazon, especially when they were selling it for a pound in Sainsburys. I did ask the two stores and they said they just stopped selling them :-/ I'm going to have to save my pennies next year for buying online. I didn't mind my own puree but it takes up a lot of space in my already tiny freezer :-P

>shrug<  I didn't think it was *that* dear.  I got 3 cans for £8, with shipping included.
I guess it depends on how badly you want it!

I also made my own pumpkin puree for the first time... but the pumpkin flesh was very pale, and looked kind of ugly and insipid.  I probably had the wrong kind of pumpkin.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2017, 05:34:32 PM »
I add pumpkin pie spice to the custard when I make banana pudding, it is amazing. Hmmm, I still have a pack of Nilla wafers in the pantry, I just need some bananas........

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2017, 11:55:04 AM »
I don't know what to do guys! My Starbucks "pumpkin spice" coffee sachets have all been used now I believe (unless there's one or two hiding). What am I going to do from now until fall?!
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2017, 12:39:44 PM »
It can't be anything more than sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.  Just google a pumpkin pie recipe to get the proportions right and then mix up a big batch

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2017, 01:25:59 PM »
It can't be anything more than sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.  Just google a pumpkin pie recipe to get the proportions right and then mix up a big batch

UGH that means I actually have to sort it out! I genuinely enjoy the lazy approach of having the coffee sachet already made for me and all I have to do is add water! I don't want to have to google!  8) :\\\'(
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab