Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: entering my 12th week  (Read 1089 times)

• Liked: 63
entering my 12th week
« on: September 26, 2016, 05:31:44 PM »
Week 12 has officially begun for me....really hoping for a decision email this week. This time last year, does anyone know when things began moving faster again? I know we have some folks from June still waiting but I also know July decisions have began too....

• Liked: 4985
Re: entering my 12th week
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 05:34:06 PM »
Last year it all started to move quickly at the start of September.   :-\\\\   I'm surprised we haven't seen a big surge in approvals already if I'm honest.  So basically, I have no idea when it'll start to pick up.

Hoping you all get your visas very soon.   :)

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 05:40:37 PM »
Yeah, as KFDancer said, it's really hard to tell... because this summer seems different from previous years and the visas are taking much longer than we would have expected.

Usually, the backlog would be clearing by now and everyone would be getting their approvals, but it just hasn't happened yet.

Then again, in previous years, no one had to wait more than maybe 2-3 weeks for their 'application received' email... even when it was taking 12 weeks to process the applications - so we're in new and unknown territory right now.

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2016, 05:43:29 PM »
I see, well hopefully we'll begin to see some movement this week as its almost October now. Thanks for the info

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2016, 06:08:56 PM »
No worries :).

Back in 2012 was the last time that visas were taking this long, but back then they were still processing settlement visas in New York, not Sheffield, which meant they had to deal with the rush of student visa applications as well.

Here are a few settlement visa timelines from 2012, to give you an idea of those previous long processing times:

1)
August 15 - Paid for priority processing and sent application
August 16 - Application arrived in New York
August 17 - Email received that application was opened
October 8 - Email that fiance visa was approved

PRIORITY
Time to receive email = 1 day
Time between email received and visa issued = 38 working days

2)
August 24, 2012 - Biometrics and mailed application PRIORITY
August 27, 2012 - Application arrived in NYC
August 28, 2012 - 1st email received - "Application processing"
September 11, 2012 - VISA ISSUED!

PRIORITY
Time between email received and visa issued = 10 working days

3)
8/23 - paid priority processing and sent to NY
8/24 - confirmation of receipt email
9/6 - email requesting more documentation
9/14 - Visa Issued

PRIORITY
Time between email received and visa issued = 15 working days

4)
17 Sep 12 - Signature delivery confirmation from USPS.
18 Sep 12 - First e-mail: "Priority UK Visa application received ... being processed."
02 Oct 12 - "Your UK visa has been issued."  Yay!!

PRIORITY

Time between email received and visa issued = 10 working days

5)
Aug 22, 2012: App mailed
Sept 7, 2012: App opened
Oct 15, 2012: Additional Documents Request
Oct 18, 2012: Docs sent overnight mail
Oct 19, 2012: Docs signed for
Oct 19, 2012: Visa Approved!

NON-PRIORITY
Time between application mailed and email received = 12 working days
Time between email received and visa issued = 30 working days

6)
July 16 - package arrives in NY
July 21 - package opened
Sept 13 - request for more documents
Sept 18 - all further documents arrive in NY
Sept 26 - email: your UK visa has been issued!

NON-PRIORITY
Time to receive email = 5 working days
Time between email received and visa issued = 48 working days

7)
21 July 2012: Sent in application to New York
23 July 2012: Application arrived and signed for
30 July 2012: E-mail notification that application was received and opened
19 September 2012: Received e-mail stating UK visa has been issued

NON-PRIORITY
Time to receive email = 5 working days
Time between email received and visa issued = 38 working days

8 )
23 July 2012: arrived in NY
27 Sept 2012: visa issued

NON-PRIORITY
Time to receive email = Email not received
Time between documents arriving in NY and visa issued = 47 working days
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 06:10:23 PM by ksand24 »

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2016, 12:21:32 AM »
Thanks for this info Ksand. I'm seeing a pattern, no one got the confirmation email as ridiculously late as me and in total it was 60 days or less overall to get the visa once app had been received.

I'm not quite sure where I stand because they sent me confirmation so late:(. At this point, it's not fair to make me wait another two months....honestly just had it with this crazy process...by the time we get our visas we'll all need therapy from the mental anxst

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2016, 05:25:15 AM »
mev33, you need to understand that it's not about you specifically - NO ONE is getting their email that quickly this summer.

They are not singling you out, there's nothing you have done wrong, because EVERYONE is waiting 1-2 months for their email. It's just how it is this summer.

We don't have any statistics yet, but I imagine they have received many more visa applications than normal and are struggling under the caseload.

• Liked: 59
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2016, 01:35:53 PM »
Mev, I hear you.  Am starting to feel defeated myself but hang in there with me.  I know that it won't make you feel that much better but if it's any consolation, I've been waiting since 10 June (if going by UPS receipt).  There's a couple of more people from June that I'm aware of as well, whom have not yet received decision emails (as far as I'm aware).

I've just resigned to the fact that this will probably take the full 6 months or possibly a little longer since it looks like they've hit a bottle neck with applications from June onwards for non-priority. I've now started to plan as if I'm living in NY forever, without my husband, rather than the opposite as fighting against the tide is becoming too exhausting.

Ebarb's decision gives me hope though that they are still moving trough the pile but it looks like it will be extremely slow still.  There's also no "logical" process by the sounds of things this Summer.  Ebarb was a month behind me so it may be that you will also get a decision before I will with any luck. 

I'm also in the process of packing up our life and shipping everything across now.  Figured it'll take another 2 months to get there at least anyway so wouldn't it be nice to arrive and have all your things already clear customs on the other side? That's always been a challenge in itself whenever we've moved countries.

Also going to take this opportunity to do all my "life" admin.  That will probably take me several weeks to sort out if I was going to be honest with you - things like my taxes, finances, pension plans etc.  We've got paperwork in 3 different countries so it's a bit of a mess.  I'll never get a chance to organise it like I will now.

I'm also trying to find a good tai-chi class to join and will try to keep to a routine as much as possible since I finish work on Friday.

I know that this is your second time too so I can only imagine the anguish that you are experiencing as I'm bracing myself with possibly having to go through round 2 myself after all this waiting.  Not sure that I can do another round like this one but stay positive with me.  You still have all of us here with you, supporting you.

• Liked: 59
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2016, 01:42:35 PM »
Ksand, I meant to also thank you for the stats.  Just really goes to show that this Summer has been unlike any other previously.

Does anyone know if there's any applicants from May non-priority that are still waiting?  I couldn't recall seeing anyone - only from June onwards.  Thanks!

• Liked: 26
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2016, 01:58:26 PM »
Mev, I hear you.  Am starting to feel defeated myself but hang in there with me.  I know that it won't make you feel that much better but if it's any consolation, I've been waiting since 10 June (if going by UPS receipt).  There's a couple of more people from June that I'm aware of as well, whom have not yet received decision emails (as far as I'm aware).

I've just resigned to the fact that this will probably take the full 6 months or possibly a little longer since it looks like they've hit a bottle neck with applications from June onwards for non-priority. I've now started to plan as if I'm living in NY forever, without my husband, rather than the opposite as fighting against the tide is becoming too exhausting.

Ebarb's decision gives me hope though that they are still moving trough the pile but it looks like it will be extremely slow still.  There's also no "logical" process by the sounds of things this Summer.  Ebarb was a month behind me so it may be that you will also get a decision before I will with any luck. 

I'm also in the process of packing up our life and shipping everything across now.  Figured it'll take another 2 months to get there at least anyway so wouldn't it be nice to arrive and have all your things already clear customs on the other side? That's always been a challenge in itself whenever we've moved countries.

Also going to take this opportunity to do all my "life" admin.  That will probably take me several weeks to sort out if I was going to be honest with you - things like my taxes, finances, pension plans etc.  We've got paperwork in 3 different countries so it's a bit of a mess.  I'll never get a chance to organise it like I will now.

I'm also trying to find a good tai-chi class to join and will try to keep to a routine as much as possible since I finish work on Friday.

I know that this is your second time too so I can only imagine the anguish that you are experiencing as I'm bracing myself with possibly having to go through round 2 myself after all this waiting.  Not sure that I can do another round like this one but stay positive with me.  You still have all of us here with you, supporting you.

Yep. We are one of those from June still waiting.

I see from another forum 2 from June have had their "decision made" e-mails today so perhaps there is a glimmer of light after all.

I just wonder what impact (if any) government staff cut backs over the past couple of years have had on the work load of the ECO's?

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2016, 02:09:07 PM »
I don't know details about any recent staff cutbacks, but staff cutbacks were one of the reasons for the massive delays in 2012, particularly for in-country FLR(M) applications.

The delays then were due to a combination of staff shortages and a rush of applications due to the new spousal visa rules that came in on 12th July 2012. Just after UKVI cut staff, there was an influx of people applying to get in before the rules changed and it slowed everything down... Especially as all the student visa applications had to be processed too, and they got priority over settlement because of the school year starting in September.

The settlement applications made from the US went from 1-2 days for priority and 2-3 weeks for non-priority, to 3-4 weeks for priority and 2-3 months for non-priority.

In-country FLR(M) applications went from 4 weeks processing time to 10-12 months processing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2016, 02:09:30 PM »
Ksand, I meant to also thank you for the stats.  Just really goes to show that this Summer has been unlike any other previously.

Does anyone know if there's any applicants from May non-priority that are still waiting?  I couldn't recall seeing anyone - only from June onwards.  Thanks!

99% sure no May applicants are still waiting.

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2016, 02:13:14 PM »
Yep. We are one of those from June still waiting.

I see from another forum 2 from June have had their "decision made" e-mails today so perhaps there is a glimmer of light after all.

I just wonder what impact (if any) government staff cut backs over the past couple of years have had on the work load of the ECO's?

I know it seems hard to believe, but they've actually improved processing times TREMENDOUSLY compared to where they were when I joined UK Yankee in 2012.  Seriously, they are getting better and more transparent at most things.  Usually the out-of-country applications are much quicker than in-country - but that seems to have changed in the last two months. 

Unfortunately UKVI leaves a lot to be desired still and it stinks that the process takes so long with loads of applications now (until ILR).  I'm taking comfort in knowing this time next year, I'll simply be awaiting for my naturalisation to be approved.  Shame I'll have a (likely) £5,000+ bill with UKVI in 2017!  But then I can show them my special finger.  I can't wait!!

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2016, 02:22:15 PM »

Thank you Phu....you're always positive and encouraging. I really appreciate that:)

• Liked: 15
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2016, 03:12:42 PM »
I'm with you, Mev - this is week 16 for me. If you find a good post-visa-process therapist let me know! Really though, Phu's positivity is the only way forward. So thanks for that, Phu :)

Sponsored Links