Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: September Priority & Non-Priority Visas  (Read 3927 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: September Priority & Non-Priority Visas
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2016, 09:59:04 PM »
Hello all,

Decided to join this forum as well to monitor and commiserate with my fellow languishing expats.

Type: Fiance (non-priority.. boo)
Online App: Sept 2
Biometrics: Sept 6
Docs received by Sheffield (per UPS): Sep 8
Email confirmation from Sheffield: Sep 21
Decision made email: ???
Documents returned: ???

Seems like things have started to move a bit - hindsight's 20/20 and should have done priority.

Chin up, everyone, each day we are closer to knowing than the last.

« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2016, 07:39:29 PM »
Hello guys.

I am Brazilian and I am engaged to a British citizen. We made the application for the visa on 15 September and are awaiting a response. We have not received the second email that says our visa is being analyzed by an entry clearance officer yet.

I wonder if the fact that my fiancé is unemployed can be a definitive factor to deny the visa. He has a quite good amount of savings and we have a place to stay in England. What do you think?

Thank you and, please, forgive my english!

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2016, 07:47:49 PM »
He has a quite good amount of savings and we have a place to stay in England. What do you think?

Welcome to the forum :).

What Financial Requirement Category did you apply under?

How much does he have in savings?

If he is unemployed, then in order for you to qualify for the visa using Category D: Cash Savings, you must have at least £62,500 in savings between you, held in full in your bank account(s) for a minimum of 6 months before applying for the visa.

« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2016, 12:42:23 PM »
Hello! Thank you very much for your answer!

Yes, his savings are over this amount. He also has his own business, which is just an extra source.

Besides the money situation, proof the relationship is real, criminal record, is there anything that you'd believe they would deny straight away?

Again, thank you very much and good luck to all of you!  :)

Type:  Fiancé (non priority)
On line app: 12 Sep
Biometrics: 15 Sep
1st email from Bogota (docs received): 19 Sep
2nd email from Bogota: -  :P
3rd email from Bogota: -  :(

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2016, 12:51:14 PM »
Hello! Thank you very much for your answer!

Yes, his savings are over this amount. He also has his own business, which is just an extra source.

Besides the money situation, proof the relationship is real, criminal record, is there anything that you'd believe they would deny straight away?

Again, thank you very much and good luck to all of you!  :)

As long as you have provided the required documentation, there is no reason to think your visa will be refused.  A UK visa is a tick box visa.  Tick the boxes, get the visa.   :)

« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2016, 12:53:15 PM »

Well, that all depends on the documents you actually sent. If you sent all the required documents to show finances, UK accommodation and genuine relationship, then there should be no reason for the visa to be refused :).

Just to note that the forum is primarily for people applying from the US, with their documents being processed in Sheffield, so we don't really know much about processing times or procedures for applications processed in Bogota. Feel free to share your experience, but just be aware that we can't really offer much advice about the specifics of applying from Brazil :).

« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2016, 03:13:41 PM »
As long as you have provided the required documentation, there is no reason to think your visa will be refused.  A UK visa is a tick box visa.  Tick the boxes, get the visa.   :)

KFdancer, thank you very much! We have, yes. Let's wait and see!

Enviado do meu iPad usando Tapatalk

« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2016, 03:15:51 PM »
Well, that all depends on the documents you actually sent. If you sent all the required documents to show finances, UK accommodation and genuine relationship, then there should be no reason for the visa to be refused :).

Just to note that the forum is primarily for people applying from the US, with their documents being processed in Sheffield, so we don't really know much about processing times or procedures for applications processed in Bogota. Feel free to share your experience, but just be aware that we can't really offer much advice about the specifics of applying from Brazil :).

Ksand24, thank you very much too!

I understand about that, but it's good to have a reference and some tips, as I truly believe the process must be quite similar. Anyway, good luck to you all! I'll post when I get an answer.

« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2016, 11:06:15 AM »
Hello, guys!

Two questions!

Does it takes too long between the second and third email?

For the Fiancé Visa, was it really necessary to fill the Appendix2 form?

(I have got my second email :) )

2nd email from Bogota: - 03 Nov
3rd email from Bogota: -  :P

September Priority & Non-Priority Visas
« Reply #54 on: November 04, 2016, 01:05:51 PM »
1. I don't know - there are only 2 emails sent for applications processed in Sheffield:
- one to say they got your documents
- one to say a decision has been made and that they are returning your documents

2. Yes, Appendix 2 is mandatory for all settlement visas because it is the second half of the application form. If Appendix 2 is not included, the application is not considered complete and the visa cannot be processed.
- The online application is only a few generic questions about the applicant
- Appendix 2 contains all the questions about how you meet the requirements for the fiancé/spousal visa - financial requirement, accommodation requirement and relationship requirement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #55 on: November 04, 2016, 01:27:17 PM »
1. I don't know - there are only 2 emails sent for applications processed in Sheffield:
- one to say they got your documents
- one to say a decision has been made and that they are returning your documents

2. Yes, Appendix 2 is mandatory for all settlement visas because it is the second half of the application form. If Appendix 2 is not included, the application is not considered complete and the visa cannot be processed.
- The online application is only a few generic questions about the applicant
- Appendix 2 contains all the questions about how you meet the requirements for the fiancé/spousal visa - financial requirement, accommodation requirement and relationship requirement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you very much, Ksand24. We have included the Appendix 2 as there were all the questions about my sponsor, so we thought it was important too. I was asking because my fiancé wasn't sure about it.

We receive three emails from Bogotá. The second email is to inform that our application has been assigned to an Entry Clearance Officer. The third one says it's finished.

Thank you again! :)

« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2016, 05:57:21 PM »
Hello, guys.

To apply for the Marriage Visa, from the UK, which documents will I need different from the Fiancé Visa?

PS. I got the email saying that a decision has been made.

3rd email from Bogota: - 09 Nov

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2016, 07:10:37 PM »
Hello, guys.

To apply for the Marriage Visa, from the UK, which documents will I need different from the Fiancé Visa?

PS. I got the email saying that a decision has been made.

3rd email from Bogota: - 09 Nov

For your FLR(M), you'll need to include your marriage certificate, updated financial documents and mail in both your names at your shared address in the UK (see form FLRM for details)

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/521163/FLR_M__04-16.pdf

« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2016, 04:21:18 PM »
For your FLR(M), you'll need to include your marriage certificate, updated financial documents and mail in both your names at your shared address in the UK (see form FLRM for details)

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/521163/FLR_M__04-16.pdf

Thank you very much for the informations!

« Reply #59 on: November 11, 2016, 04:23:16 PM »
Can anyone tell me if the content or subject of the emails changes depending on the outcome of the visa?

Sponsored Links