Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Looking for ideas for 10 month old granddaughter  (Read 1149 times)

• Liked: 18
Re: Looking for ideas for 10 month old granddaughter
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2016, 03:28:53 PM »
You could always Roll the Bobbin Up.  I know it's just a song but if you do the hand motions it's more of an event .

I've never heard of that one - it's cute!  I had to look it up and got YouTube videos of Wind the Bobbin Up, I assume that's what you mean?  You're right, with the hand motions it becomes more like a learning activity type thing.

A friend of mine said one of her granddaughter's favorite songs is this one which is similar when you use the hand motions too.

WARNING!!!  If you are susceptible to getting tunes stuck in your head - don't watch this video!!  You have been warned (and I'm only now forgiving my friend for sending it to me!  :P )

Elephants Have Wrinkles
Here 2 years as of Oct. 1, 2016.

• Liked: 134
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2016, 09:38:56 PM »
Roll the Bobbin Up is a fantastic song!  I lead baby and toddler time at the library where it is a crowd favorite.  Also Roly Poly and Round and Round the Garden.  Great for interacting with babies.
Met Mr. Beatlemania: 20 Jan 2010
Tier 4 Visa Approved: 17 Sep 2012
Spousal Visa Received:  22 Sep 2014
Ohio to Essex: 26 October 2014
FLR(M): 10 May 2017
ILR: 23 October 2019
Citizenship: 6 September 2022

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2016, 12:56:56 PM »
By the way, Goodnight Moon and the Very Hungry Caterpillar are great books.

• Liked: 18
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2016, 01:59:52 PM »
Roll the Bobbin Up is a fantastic song!  I lead baby and toddler time at the library where it is a crowd favorite.  Also Roly Poly and Round and Round the Garden.  Great for interacting with babies.

These are great ideas, thank you so much!  I'd never heard of Round and Round the Garden, but my husband told me his dad used to sing and play that one with him when he was very little. 

By the way, Goodnight Moon and the Very Hungry Caterpillar are great books.

I absolutely agree, those are classics.  I adore picture books and had an extensive collection from teaching - now they're in my granddaughter's room, which thrills me.   :)

Sorry it took so long for me to get back to this thread.  I've just about got the advent calendar activities done - need to add just 2 more - and all the sewing is done, so hoping to mail it off before Halloween.  ;D
Here 2 years as of Oct. 1, 2016.

Sponsored Links