Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Streaming the Thanksgiving parade  (Read 1229 times)

• Liked: 68
Streaming the Thanksgiving parade
« on: October 12, 2016, 04:05:48 PM »
I know it's some time away but I am sick of always missing the televised Thanksgiving parade. Is it on NBC?

Does anyone know how I would be able to stream it while here in the UK? It may seem daft to some but it really was tradition to have it on in my house and I'd like to see it this year if possible!

• Liked: 154
Re: Streaming the Thanksgiving parade
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 08:57:15 PM »
I know it's some time away but I am sick of always missing the televised Thanksgiving parade. Is it on NBC?

Does anyone know how I would be able to stream it while here in the UK? It may seem daft to some but it really was tradition to have it on in my house and I'd like to see it this year if possible!

People at work keep talking about this exodus thing on your amazon fire stick. Supposedly you can get live tv and American shows easily. It may be worth looking into.

• Liked: 9
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 10:14:56 PM »
So it's not free but I use Channel pear on my roku. It's either 2.99 a month or $24 a year. It's SD (not HD) quality.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2016, 07:43:47 PM »
Thanks for sharing that! I have no idea what a roku is, but sounds good. I'll have to look it up, especially if it means I can watch American TV channels again.

I'm so homesick right now :-( it would be very welcomed to watch some of my fave channels.

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2016, 07:55:40 PM »
Thanks for sharing that! I have no idea what a roku is, but sounds good. I'll have to look it up, especially if it means I can watch American TV channels again.

I'm so homesick right now :-( it would be very welcomed to watch some of my fave channels.
Over here they're called "Now TV".

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2016, 07:42:54 PM »
So I looked at Now TV and can't seem to find anything to suggest I can stream American TV on it :-/

Any other suggestions?

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2016, 11:04:37 PM »
I just looked around it and looks like Now TV IS a Roku, but it doesn't support private channels ( and is locked down). I'd suggest either buying a Roku or an Amazon Fire stick. There's a way that doesn't cost anything hardware wise, but you have to know how to install Kodi on a PC:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeZr_SibuUY[/youtube]

and then install ChannelPear.

With the Roku, it's pretty straight forward adding private channels:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrZ5p_UOpYA[/youtube]

here's a howto for ChannelPear specifically.

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2016, 11:06:41 PM »
btw if you want to PM me or email me about this on Gmail, my address is marti.abernathey@gmail.com

I can  walk you through any questions you might have.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 11:07:51 PM by martiabernathey »

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2016, 12:56:50 PM »
So i've had a look and I dont think I will be able to swing it. Too close to Christmas to fork out the extra dough for it.

Does anyone else have any ideas?

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2016, 05:39:19 PM »
So i've had a look and I dont think I will be able to swing it. Too close to Christmas to fork out the extra dough for it.

Does anyone else have any ideas?

We downloaded the kodi app on our laptop because we didn't want to fork out money on the fire stick option. My husband did it, but I can ask him how to do it if you want. I just watch tv on the laptop or plug it into the tv with an hdmi (think that's what it is) cable.

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2016, 06:58:25 PM »
We downloaded the kodi app on our laptop because we didn't want to fork out money on the fire stick option. My husband did it, but I can ask him how to do it if you want. I just watch tv on the laptop or plug it into the tv with an hdmi (think that's what it is) cable.

Yes please :-)

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2016, 09:55:45 PM »
Haha ok, I am sure there it is more technical than this (he is in the middle of a very important FIFA game ) so his answer was google kodi and download it. I asked again and he said he watched a YouTube video as you'll need to download add ons (I think the most common are exodus and Phoenix).  If that doesn't work let me know and I'll get him when he's not so engrossed in a game lol

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2016, 05:33:47 PM »
Haha ok, I am sure there it is more technical than this (he is in the middle of a very important FIFA game ) so his answer was google kodi and download it. I asked again and he said he watched a YouTube video as you'll need to download add ons (I think the most common are exodus and Phoenix).  If that doesn't work let me know and I'll get him when he's not so engrossed in a game lol

This sounds like my husband too haha! okay thans for that. I'll let you know how I get on. I'm desperate this year!

Sponsored Links