Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Combined payslip for 2 months of work  (Read 605 times)

• Liked: 6
Combined payslip for 2 months of work
« on: October 18, 2016, 07:32:04 PM »
My husband started a new job in April and received a combined payslip of April and May together. Do I need to make a note of this for the ECO? He makes 24,000 a year (so 2,000 a month) but in April he only received like 950? I'm guessing because he started halfway through the month? I've heard before that sometimes the ECO will take the lowest paycheck and multiply that by 12 to see if that meets the minimum requirement.... but this doesn't exceed that 18600 they want. I have included his work contract and he mentions his annual earnings in his sponsor letter and it is also confirmed in his employer letter. Do I need to be worrying about the 950? It is combined with May's payment so they'd have to do the math themselves to even figure out April's exact amount but I can't help but worry they'll mess up my application because of it.

Thank you for your help! Applying next week so of course now I'm panicking lol.

• Liked: 3595
Re: Combined payslip for 2 months of work
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 07:40:31 PM »
My husband started a new job in April and received a combined payslip of April and May together. Do I need to make a note of this for the ECO? He makes 24,000 a year (so 2,000 a month) but in April he only received like 950? I'm guessing because he started halfway through the month? I've heard before that sometimes the ECO will take the lowest paycheck and multiply that by 12 to see if that meets the minimum requirement.... but this doesn't exceed that 18600 they want.

They will normally calculate it that way, but if he started the job partway through the month, then obviously they payslip won't reflect the full month.

However, if you are including the October payslip (which you will need to do anyway, otherwise you won't have 6 full months of payslips: mid-April to mid-Oct), then it won't matter anyway, because they will only need to see the payslips from May to October and won't even care what he earned in April.

If you only include April to September payslips, I don't think you will meet the visa requirements, because that won't be 6 full months of payslips.

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2016, 07:51:38 PM »
They will normally calculate it that way, but if he started the job partway through the month, then obviously they payslip won't reflect the full month.

However, if you are including the October payslip (which you will need to do anyway, otherwise you won't have 6 full months of payslips: mid-April to mid-Oct), then it won't matter anyway, because they will only need to see the payslips from May to October and won't even care what he earned in April.

If you only include April to September payslips, I don't think you will meet the visa requirements, because that won't be 6 full months of payslips.

Okay his last payslip was deposited Oct 14th so we have already ordered a transaction history list to show that payment. Should I still mention that May's payment is combined with April or will that just confuse them?

Thank you!

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2016, 07:55:09 PM »
Ah, okay - I wasn't sure if the payslips were issued only at the end of each month.

I would have him explain the April and May payslips in his sponsor letter - he can mention that he started the job on X date in April and his May payslip shows both his April and May pay.

You will need to make sure that the documents show 6 months exactly of being employed and being paid (I.e. at least April 14th to October 14th)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2016, 10:06:22 PM »
Ah, okay - I wasn't sure if the payslips were issued only at the end of each month.

I would have him explain the April and May payslips in his sponsor letter - he can mention that he started the job on X date in April and his May payslip shows both his April and May pay.

You will need to make sure that the documents show 6 months exactly of being employed and being paid (I.e. at least April 14th to October 14th)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does this paragraph in his letter sound okay?

"I am currently employed as a journalist by a company called ____. I have been with this company since April 18th, 2016 and earn a gross salary of £24,000 per annum. We have included 6 months of pay slips and original bank statements to show that we exceed the financial requirement. Please note that as I started working in mid April, my first payment covers the second half of the month, and is combined with my May payslip. This is why the amount is a bit higher in May’s statement than in the following months. My bank statement for October is in the form of a Transaction History List from NatWest. Is is still an official bank document mailed to me and includes all of the required information."

Thank you again!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 10:07:46 PM by thatgirlgrace »

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2016, 07:42:41 AM »
"You will need to make sure that the documents show 6 months exactly of being employed and being paid (I.e. at least April 14th to October 14th)"

Sorry I'm rereading this and getting panicky again. He started his job April 18th and his last paycheck came Oct 14th. Is a 4 day gap going to be an issue?? Thanks

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2016, 09:06:36 AM »
"You will need to make sure that the documents show 6 months exactly of being employed and being paid (I.e. at least April 14th to October 14th)"

Sorry I'm rereading this and getting panicky again. He started his job April 18th and his last paycheck came Oct 14th. Is a 4 day gap going to be an issue?? Thanks

Unfortunately you need to wait until you have the full six months covered.  I know it's not what you want to hear.   :-\\\\   But six months really means six months.  They get picky about that kind of stuff.

Does the payslip cover the full month of October?  or only up until the 14th?

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2016, 09:08:29 AM »
I have bank statements starting from March (but aren't really relevant because he hadn't started working there yet) but I have exactly 6 payslips (well 5 because of the combined April/may) on the 14 or 16th of each month. He flies out on Sunday so I could have him stop by the bank today and see if they can print up till the 27th or something?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 09:11:30 AM by thatgirlgrace »

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2016, 09:14:11 AM »
To qualify under Category A, he needs to have been with the same employer for a minimum of 6 months.  The category is literally called, "Category A: With current employer for 6 months or more – person residing in the UK". 

If he hasn't been there six months (with payslips showing the full six months), then you can't apply yet.  (Don't hate me, I don't make the rules.)

Does he qualify under Category B?  He can use his last 12 months of earnings instead of 6 months.

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2016, 09:16:41 AM »
April to October should technically be 6 months though right? He has a payslip for April/May, June, July, August, Sept, and Oct. So like 6 1/2 if that makes sense.

I definitely don't hate you, I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out. Unfortunately he would not qualify under Category B.

If we just get our statement to go until the end of this month then wouldn't we be covered?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 09:23:24 AM by thatgirlgrace »

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2016, 09:23:48 AM »
Has he been paid for a six full months?  What dates has he been paid for?

For example, I get paid today (the 28th).  I started a new job on February 17th.  Therefore, I have pay from my new company from February 17th until October 31st as I'm paid for the full month, even though I am paid on the 28th of the month.

There's a chance you could submit it now and they won't notice you fall short of six months (if you do).  But is it worth that risk?

We had a member apply for the unmarried partner visa two days short of having a full two years proof of living together (so one year and 363 days) and they were refused...  There was another person who was similar and was approved.  It's UKVI...

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2016, 09:33:02 AM »

For example, I get paid today (the 28th).  I started a new job on February 17th.  Therefore, I have pay from my new company from February 17th until October 31st as I'm paid for the full month, even though I am paid on the 28th of the month.

There's a chance you could submit it now and they won't notice you fall short of six months (if you do).  But is it worth that risk?

We had a member apply for the unmarried partner visa two days short of having a full two years proof of living together (so one year and 363 days) and they were refused...  There was another person who was similar and was approved.  It's UKVI...

I'll get the dates from my husband ASAP. Ugh I feel sick now ha.

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2016, 09:54:26 AM »

This is what we have

May 13th (was paid £932 more this month for the last half of April. He started April 18th.)

June 15

July 15

August 15

September 15

October 14

So it's kind of like 6 1/2 right? I don't know. I'm so confused now.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 09:56:03 AM by thatgirlgrace »

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2016, 10:06:56 AM »
As him what date he's been paid through.  Like I said, I've been paid today, on the 28th.  But my payslip has paid me through the 31st.

If his payslip on the 14th of October has paid him until at least the 18th of October, then you have six months.  If it's only through the 14th, 15th, 16th, or 17th, then it's less than six months.

Another way to check is the six payslips he has.  If you add the gross amount together, it is exactly 50% of his annual salary?

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2016, 10:22:52 AM »
As him what date he's been paid through.  Like I said, I've been paid today, on the 28th.  But my payslip has paid me through the 31st.

If his payslip on the 14th of October has paid him until at least the 18th of October, then you have six months.  If it's only through the 14th, 15th, 16th, or 17th, then it's less than six months.

Another way to check is the six payslips he has.  If you add the gross amount together, it is exactly 50% of his annual salary?

According to the letter from his employer, so far he's made 12,952.38. His annual earnings are 24k so that's a little over half...

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab